Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: List your terrible decisions of the year

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: List your terrible decisions of the year

Going back to last summer, I traded Pavelski and Purcell for Carle and Gaborik. I need an extra dman to keep, and I would have had to drop Purcell or Pavelski for nothing. But still, I would have been better off keeping Pavelski, and trying to get a dman elsewhere.

Also last summer, I traded Kadri and three second rounders over a two-year period for Spezza, Weiss and a fifth. Thought Spezza would be an 80-point guy at the minimum playing with Ryan, and Weiss would be a 60-point guy on Detroit. Two of those picks were used on Hertl and Krug (the third second rounder is this year).

Those were my only two trades last summer.

Lesson learned: No trading in the summer.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Also last summer, I traded Kadri and three second rounders over a two-year period for Spezza, Weiss and a fifth. Thought Spezza would be an 80-point guy at the minimum playing with Ryan, and Weiss would be a 60-point guy on Detroit. Two of those picks were used on Hertl and Krug (the third second rounder is this year).
    Ouch.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sold Giroux low like an IDIOT, and I even knew I was doing it at a stupid time but I was distracted and ambivalent about my pool at that point. If I had waited until the trade deadline I would have netted myself probably a great keeper and a 1st.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

Martin St. Louis. There's the piece I need to really put me over the top in H2H playoffs this year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Martin St. Louis. There's the piece I need to really put me over the top in H2H playoffs this year.
    MSL has to be the most disappointing trade deadline move. He has done nothing in NY
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Drafting Markstrom in the first round
    Hanging onto Lehner until March
    Cam Ward. Enough said....
    Thinking Ray Emery had a chance to be #1...

Yikes. It's a miracle I'm in 2nd place....
    ...keeping Markstrom!
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Monster

I was a knucklehead and traded Patrice Bergeron for Filip Forsberg in the preseason. I was worried about all the injuries Bergy had in the post season and was very intrigued by Forsberg so I made that bonehead trade.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I was a knucklehead and traded Patrice Bergeron for Filip Forsberg in the preseason. I was worried about all the injuries Bergy had in the post season and was very intrigued by Forsberg so I made that bonehead trade.
    Hope you had the depth to make it at least and that it didn't hurt you, Shake. Forsberg is a future star anyway. Don't get how McPhee traded him for a healthy scratch.. That's a GM that has to go.. Him and Gillis. Gillis is a clown.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I've gone against every instinct in my head this season and only done 4 trades. I always over trade and it kills my team.

So doesn't give me much to choose from, but i flipped Vermette, De Haan and a 1st for Dan Boyle and Lee. It's not terrible but didn't need to make it. Didn't think Stamkos would come back this season so had cap space to burn. Thought Boyle would bounce back stronger after concussion, but he's now on my bench as i can't afford him lol.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In the offseason, I had to drop some keepers and needed a third goalie so I traded:

Atkinson/C. Stewart/Carter for Hartnell/Dubnyk

Perspective on this trade
    1/ The other GM also had Howard/Luongo/Bishop and could have traded Bishop to me instead of Dubnyk
    2/ One month into the season, another GM offered Olli Maatta for Dubnyk but I declined
    2b/ Also, Hartnell/PHI was playing horrible and everyone knows the deal with Dubnyk
    3/ Two months into the season, the same GM asked for some firepower for Bishop. I offered Marleau and another GM offered Pavelski.. he went with my offer (phew)
    4/ Dubnyk got traded to NSH
    5/ GM owner of Rinne approached me on a trade of Wisniewski for Dubnyk and a pick before he played his first NSH game, I took it
    6/ Dubnyk got traded to MTL, other GM not too happy (but hey Rinne came back!)

Let's just say it's been one ridiculous season given I'm also a Stamkos and Martin St. Louis owner!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by toddmackay View Post
    In the offseason, I had to drop some keepers and needed a third goalie so I traded:

Atkinson/C. Stewart/Carter for Hartnell/Dubnyk

Perspective on this trade
    1/ The other GM also had Howard/Luongo/Bishop and could have traded Bishop to me instead of Dubnyk
    2/ One month into the season, another GM offered Olli Maatta for Dubnyk but I declined
    2b/ Also, Hartnell/PHI was playing horrible and everyone knows the deal with Dubnyk
    3/ Two months into the season, the same GM asked for some firepower for Bishop. I offered Marleau and another GM offered Pavelski.. he went with my offer (phew)
    4/ Dubnyk got traded to NSH
    5/ GM owner of Rinne approached me on a trade of Wisniewski for Dubnyk and a pick before he played his first NSH game, I took it
    6/ Dubnyk got traded to MTL, other GM not too happy (but hey Rinne came back!)

Let's just say it's been one ridiculous season given I'm also a Stamkos and Martin St. Louis owner!
    Just to make sure I have it straight, you traded Atkinson, Stewart, Carter, and Marleau for Hartnell, Bishop, Wiz and a pick? That's a pretty good deal at the end of the day, since you got the best player (Bishop).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

Protected 3 goalies (max #) - Schnieder , Fasth , & Ramo - wins 2 - SO 3 pts
    Goaltending has killed me all year
    Also have Alex Burrows on roster all year - basically 9 th place in 16 team league
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I personally think that was a great trade

Worst decisions I made:

Traded Iginla & Barrie for Voracek : Right before both of them heat up. Voracek has been good, but those two are playing great.
    Traded Killorn for Rundblad : Needed depth on D, thought Rundblad would breakout. Nope.
    Drafted Holtby & Markstrom in league inaugural prospect draft 3rd & 6th overall : I tried to load up on goalies because I missed the goaltender rush during the pro draft. Both picks haven't panned at all. Could have taken two of Drouin,Bernier,Bishop,Galchenyuk,Yakupov,Tarasenko ,Kadri,Nyquist.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

Traded Okposo for a 4th preseason, d'oh. Benched any of my goalies agains the Rangers earlier and therefore missed a few apparently easy SOs.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Keeping Edler until he hit -27
    2. Leaving Martin Jones on the WW for 4 days
    3. Dropping Sekera after Liles was acquired

Fortunately none were even close to making a dent in my imminent victory!