Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anderson? Or the Toronto Tandem?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Anderson? Or the Toronto Tandem?

Gents...

I'm coming off a 3rd place finish and looking to solidify my goaltending going into next year.

Started last year with Bryz, Halak and Vokoun. Finished with Rinne, Anderson and Bernier (still have vokoun but he's a drop).

I'm happy with nearly all positions (see Sig)...but the guy with Reimer is itching to get Bernier or move Reimer. A move could benefit me greatly here I feel. IF IT'S THE RIGHT MOVE.

My Question...

Who would you rather have behind Rinne going in to next year.

a) Anderson and Bernier
    or
    b) Bernier and Reimer (Tandem...piece of mind and maybe one of the best tandem's)...plus a 3rd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year?

I would then look to snap up the best available goaltender by the 3rd round in my draft to give me my depth.

In situation A...I have 1 top 5 Tender(Rinne) and another near elilte in (anderson). Then the fun of waiting and seeing with Bernier.

In situation B...I have 1 top 5 Tener (Rinne) and a Gaurantee with the Tandem in Toronto (who may or may not post better numbers than Anderson in Ottawa). Plus Draft Leverage this year and next. Can't go any higher than 3rd rounder this year and unless I flip him my 2nd next year for his 1st...Likely a 2nd next year is as good as I can do.

Thoughts? Nothing immenent here. Just kick'n tires back and forth.

Tks!

Dobber Sports Icon

i like Andy/Bernier

Andy wil be great agian this year plus you have the next starter in TO which gives you three solid options.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would try and get on overpay from the Reimer owner on Bernier personally. My rankings would be:

Rinne, Anderson, Package for Bernier
    Rinne, Anderson, Bernier
    Rinne, Bernier, Reimer

Being in the same division as Boston, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, and Tampa, Toronto is not a playoff team next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I would try and get on overpay from the Reimer owner on Bernier personally. My rankings would be:

Rinne, Anderson, Bernier
    Rinne, Bernier, Reimer

Being in the same division as Boston, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, and Tampa, Toronto is not a playoff team next year.
    Curious why you feel Toronto isn't as good as Tampa

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Anderson + Reimer > Bernier + Reimer

Simply stated... with two roster spots allocated, you get more starts with Anderson.
    Plus Ottawa looks good.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Anderson + Reimer > Bernier + Reimer

Simply stated... with two roster spots allocated, you get more starts with Anderson.
    Plus Ottawa looks good.
    Agreed.
    This is an easy one for me. I'd keep Anderson and Bernier. Most feel Bernier will take the starters job. After moving those pieces to acquire Bernier, they'll give him every chance to take the starting gig. It's his to lose.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

It is Anderson and Bernier for sure IMO
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Guru

Anderson and Bernier would easily be my choice .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Curious why you feel Toronto isn't as good as Tampa
    I feel they are about equal. Boston and Detroit are easily at the top of the division. I realize Montreal is always fluctuating but I think they are better than Toronto and I think Ottawa is better than Toronto, especially if everyone stays healthy. So at best that puts them as the 5th best team in the division. I can see cases on both sides to say Toronto is better than Tampa and Tampa is better than Toronto. Goaltending slightly goes to Toronto, but Bishop could put it all together and have a real good season. Defense is close to a wash, probably slight edge to Toronto again, but Tampa's isn't bad. Forward group easily goes to Tampa IMO. Stamkos, MSL, Drouin, Filppula, Purcell, Killorn > Kessel, Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Bolland, Clarkson.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Rinne, Anderson, Bernier
    Rinne, Bernier, Reimer

I've toyed with that idea aswell. Here's his roster. Knowing I can only keep 12 positional players and 2 utility...who from his team would make my team better in a package?

C/R Jeff Carter
    C Alex Galchenyuk
    D Alex Goligoski
    L Scott Hartnell
    C Nazem Kadri
    L Evander Kane
    C Ryan Kesler
    C Mikko Koivu
    L Chris Kunitz
    D Nick Leddy
    C Brad Richards
    C/L Mike Richards
    R Wayne Simmonds
    C/R Jeff Skinner
    D Ryan Suter
    D Shea Weber

Goaltending

Braden Holtby
    Anders Lindback
    Ondrej Pavelec
    James Reimer

Analysis - I don't see a center from him that I like better than my Tavares/Getz
    I don't see a LW I like better than my Hall and Semin
    I don't see a RW I like better than my Perry and Yakupov
    I clearly have the better goaltenders (Holtby is interesting but ?'s there too)
    I like his Weber/Suter, but he already made it clear he doesn't want to move them
    Currently Bernier and Voracek are my utilities...

Can you whip up a miracle deal here with the incredients he has?
    LOL...I'm open to suggestions.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Forward group easily goes to Tampa IMO. Stamkos, MSL, Drouin, Filppula, Purcell, Killorn > Kessel, Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Bolland, Clarkson.
    Isn't Bozak slotted as the #1 Center AGAIN this year? Which pushes Kadri and Boland down a line.

Yes, I was just looking at the top 6 best players on the team, but I forgot about Bozak. Give me a couple minutes to look at his roster and come up with a potential trade. ANy idea what goalies will be available in the draft?
    Last edited by rataylor22; July 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM.

So. IF he would do,

Bernier and Streit

For

Skinner, Weber/Suter, 1st Round Pick.

I think it makes you better. It also makes one of Holtby/Pavelec available in the draft, unless he keeps 4 goalies which I doubt. Might do it if you can only get a 2nd instead of a first. Past that, probably nothing and I would keep Bernier/Anderson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So. IF he would do,

Bernier and Streit

For

Skinner, Weber/Suter, 1st Round Pick.

I think it makes you better. It also makes one of Holtby/Pavelec available in the draft, unless he keeps 4 goalies which I doubt. Might do it if you can only get a 2nd instead of a first. Past that, probably nothing and I would keep Bernier/Anderson
    Already tried part of that move. He won't move Weber and likely not Suter either. Could probably pry Goli away, but not sure I want him over Streit.

I'm sure I could land Holtby in that deal...but not sure I can convince him to part with his 1st round pick as he doesn't have a 2nd round. 3rd is as high as he'll go and he will also throw in a 2nd rounder Next year.

My gut is telling me...stand pat with Bernier behind Rinne and Anderson. Quite likely Reimer may be dropped and I could potentially nab him in the 1st round if it makes sense to handcuff them (I have the 6th pick in the draft).

I'd rather Streit than Goli, and the pick back was just as important. I would stand pat.