Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V.Hedman vs R.Ellis

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default V.Hedman vs R.Ellis

Who would you rather have short or long term?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hedman for both.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Any particular reason?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Established player with good upside, more likely to reach that upside and will never just be a PP speci.alist.

For right now it's a no-brainer as it's not even certain that Ellis is in the top six for Nashville, even with Suter's departure. Hedman is Tampa's best dman and has Carle to condend with or work with. For the future I go with the multi cat beast.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great freakin PTS. I will pursue Hedman with zeal!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hedman for me, now & future.

Dobber Sports Novice

I like Hedman too. I think the kid is finally figuring out the offensive game. He wont best defenseman for the month of November in the KHL. Add that to the fact that he is almost averaging a point per game this year and the way he finished the season last year, I think we may see that potential.
    16 Team Yahoo H2H - Dynasty, 25 Players
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

I like both, but at this point in time, I'd go with Hedman. I think the buy low window on him is just starting to close (based on his 2nd half last year and somewhat on KHL performance).
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Pro

I love Hedman but in this instance, I would rather have Ellis. Sometimes I might not choose the boom/bust guy but here is an instance I would.

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd rather have Hedman.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hedman's called upon to be the shut down Defencemen all to often playing very tough minutes. Which is a great thing for Tampa in REAL LIFE. Can't see Hedman living up to the CHARA comparison's...atleast in the short term.

I'm thinking Ellis will be a top 4 D and if not paired with Weber, could be the go to guy on the 2nd pairing. Personally...I think he's the better Fantasy asset right now and in the forseeable future.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hedman's called upon to be the shut down Defencemen all to often playing very tough minutes. Which is a great thing for Tampa in REAL LIFE. Can't see Hedman living up to the CHARA comparison's...atleast in the short term.

I'm thinking Ellis will be a top 4 D and if not paired with Weber, could be the go to guy on the 2nd pairing. Personally...I think he's the better Fantasy asset right now and in the forseeable future.
    Before Chara broke out, I would guess very similar things were said about him. Not saying that Hedman will be the same, but it is a possibility.

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Before Chara broke out, I would guess very similar things were said about him. Not saying that Hedman will be the same, but it is a possibility.
    Absolutely it's a possibility. I just don't see it right now. I know Hedman is still young and developing, but I just haven't seen his offensive upside. He's got boat loads of potential as an NHL Defender...but for me...I'm taking the Offensive upside of Ellis (but not sure either one would be kept in a limited keeper in my opinion).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Absolutely it's a possibility. I just don't see it right now. I know Hedman is still young and developing, but I just haven't seen his offensive upside. He's got boat loads of potential as an NHL Defender...but for me...I'm taking the Offensive upside of Ellis (but not sure either one would be kept in a limited keeper in my opinion).
    True. A limited keeper is a whole other kettle of fish.

I just can't help but think with all those slow developing D men... every one never really expects the big breakout.. but when it does happen (Chara, Pronger, etc.), it's something special. Granted, for every one that does break out, there's likely countless that don't.

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    True. A limited keeper is a whole other kettle of fish.

I just can't help but think with all those slow developing D men... every one never really expects the big breakout.. but when it does happen (Chara, Pronger, etc.), it's something special. Granted, for every one that does break out, there's likely countless that don't.
    Couldn't have said that better my self Rogue!

I'd sooner see an apples to apples comparison...like Hedman vs Larsson. But come into the league with lofty ceilings...complete with similar ?'s.