Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 154

Dobber Sports Star

Default Ufc 154

Who's pumped for it? I am SO excited for it, but am nervous that GSP can ever reach his former glory again. It has bee a long time since he has fought, and a lot of times in his last fights, he has seemed to have trouble finishing fights. I hope he can beat Condit without it going to a decision. Come on GSP!

Rylant

PS. The undercard looks awesome too!

Administrator

This is the most jazzed I've been for a fight in quite some time.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Leaving the gf behind and going out with some friends to a local bar that's showing it. Really looking forward to watching GSP and hope that he's back to his pre-injury form!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Really disappointed that Nick Ring had to back out of his fight, but I am right pumped to see the Kampmann VS Hendricks fight. I really hope Homonick can step up and get back on the right track. Guy looks like he has stud potential but hasn't had much success so far in the UFC.

I, too, am really nervous for GSP. They way he's talking, it helps to calm the nerves, but at the same time who wouldn't say they were "better than ever" and "completely 100%".

Either way, the card is going to be fantastic! Is it 6 yet?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cannot wait for the fights tonight. It's been a while since I've actually been excited to watch one of these.

I want to see GSP dominate this fight, but like everyone else I am really nervous about what fighter we will see out there tonight. His last couple fights were pretty lacklustre and the injury and all that ... but he is saying all of the right things right now.

Hoping for a good card with no too many boring decisions.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Cannot wait for the fights tonight. It's been a while since I've actually been excited to watch one of these.

I want to see GSP dominate this fight, but like everyone else I am really nervous about what fighter we will see out there tonight. His last couple fights were pretty lacklustre and the injury and all that ... but he is saying all of the right things right now.

Hoping for a good card with no too many boring decisions.
    What's your definition of lacklustre? They were definitely boring, but I also thought they were dominant, which I can reallly appreciate. I agree, though, that I'd like to see not such a safe game from him and to go for a finish to make a statement. Tough call choosing between fighting the style that gives you the best chance to win while also keeping the crowd entertained. Fan favorite or champ!??
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anyone know of a good site to stream the fights from?
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Gsp

Feel people are WAY under rating Carlos. I am sure gsp will win, typical 4 or 5 round decision but why talk about silva fight now??? Lets win it first....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

And GSP does it again.

Haven't followed UFC for years to be honest, but always loved GSP.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good times tonight. GSP vs Hendricks will hopefully be next. SO great to see GSP win yet again, and this time with some real big adversity.

Administrator

That was a war!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Well I was disappointed that GSP couldn't finish Condit off. That's 5 decision victories in a row for him. He is SO dominant, but he needs to KO or submit somebody soon.

Oh, Johny Hendricks is a beast...

I was also really excited to see that the UFC signed Ronda Rousey, their first female athlete ever. I hope we get to see some female MMA matches soon in the UFC. Rousey is DEVASTATING. She is 6-0 with all 6 victories coming via armbar. In 2 of those armbar victories, she dislocated her opponent's elbow badly because they didn't tap soon enough. Screw you Gina Carano; you might be gorgeous, but I think you give female MMA a bad name. People like Rousey and Santos and Tate are the REAL female fighters.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Well I was disappointed that GSP couldn't finish Condit off. That's 5 decision victories in a row for him. He is SO dominant, but he needs to KO or submit somebody soon.

Oh, Johny Hendricks is a beast...

I was also really excited to see that the UFC signed Ronda Rousey, their first female athlete ever. I hope we get to see some female MMA matches soon in the UFC. Rousey is DEVASTATING. She is 6-0 with all 6 victories coming via armbar. In 2 of those armbar victories, she dislocated her opponent's elbow badly because they didn't tap soon enough. Screw you Gina Carano; you might be gorgeous, but I think you give female MMA a bad name. People like Rousey and Santos and Tate are the REAL female fighters.

Rylant
    I don't know that Santos is currently giving the sport a good name, you know with the year long 'roids ban and all.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I don't know that Santos is currently giving the sport a good name, you know with the year long 'roids ban and all.
    Haha Loch, Touche! You know, it's funny with me. Gina Carano has ALWAYS pissed me off. She is one of those people in the unique position where I thought she could honestly make a difference in a sport which was desperately trying to be taken seriously. I thought that female MMA could have really benefitted from making her the poster girl of their sport, and that she could help propel it forward. But she always squandered the opportunity. She seemed more interested in the lifestyle than taking it seriously. She never seemed to take the training seriously; she always had a tough time making weight. She has had 8 professional fights, and in those fights, she has not made weight 5 times. She also once blamed not making weight on the fact that she was on her period. Yes, she's gorgeous, but OH what could have been...

Now, it's almost like I go out of my way to be pissed at her. I have always thought of Santos as somebody who took the sport seriously. When she was caught using stanozolol, it was more forgivable to me because I knew that she wanted to be the best... at any cost. Carano never cared enough about winning, so getting caught with banned substances is something that would never happen to her.

Now that you have pointed it out, it seems as though I am looking at this from a strange point of view; almost a little backwards thinking on my part. Maybe I should cut Carano a little more slack here...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Maybe I should cut Carano a little more slack here...
    How can you be mad at her for not wanting that face bashed in?

All joking aside, Rousey looks legit in the ring and ain't that hard on the eyes.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril