Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MVP...Miguel or Trout?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default MVP...Miguel or Trout?

I feel like we need a thread on this.

With Cabrera in position to achieve the first Triple Crown since 1967 (tops in HRs, RBIs and Avg)....does he deserve the MVP over a guy like Trout, who is a rookie whose defensive game easily destroys Miggy's, plus he has fantastic stats....

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I peg Trout as the complete player, Miggy as the better hitter. Even getting really close to a triple crown is very impressive these days, I'm not really sure what to say here...
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm going to put my money on miggy. Trout has done some amazing things but I think on paper he has a much better team behind him. Plus the fact that he's a shoe in for ROY I think the edge goes to cabrerra who is totally leading his team and the entire mlb offensively.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Miggy will win... as voters often expect a player to pay his dues to get respect.

That said, there is no questioning Trout's overall value this year.
    His WAR says enough.
    I think Trout is MVP of MLB this year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Trout may not win, but this isn't even a debate.
    Trout leads by 3.5 wins in WAR.
    People ignore defense and baserunning in MVP vote, and look at glamour stats like hrs/rbis.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Both tremendous players, but if Miggy wins the triple crown this is his award IMO.

Trout is amazing and his play won't go unnoticed, I'm sure he will win a few MVP awards throughout his career.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

Both have had huge seasons but if I am the voters I would probably give the award to Miguel....Trout is as deserving but just I guess I just look at it like if two guys are close the veteran gets it. Whether its wrong or right is another thing but right now I'd give it to Miguel.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Immortal

Miguel hits another homer tonight....his 44th of the year and enough to give him sole possession over the top spot over Josh Hamilton.

Dobber Sports Deity

WIthout a doubt, it will be Miggy, not Trout.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    WIthout a doubt, it will be Miggy, not Trout.
    Nice little rhyme.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... I agree.
    Miggy is a shoe-in with the Tigers run at the end of season.

Go Tigers!
    I'm actually going to watch back-to-back night full baseball games for the first time all season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Why is this even a debate??

Cabrera:
    44HR
    139RBI
    205HITS
    .330AVG

Trout:
    30HR
    83RBI
    182 HITS
    .326AVG

Yes Trout has alot of runs(129) and sb's(49). But he is a leadoff hitter and has Pujols, Hunter, and Trumbo hitting after him.. So you would hope he would have alot of runs..

I must add that it is much harder on the body playing outfield then it is playing infield.. Yes Miggy has to stay on his toes in the infield(1st base and 3rd base) but he doesn't have to run in and out every inning all the way from the outfield.. It's amazing how much of a toll that takes on the body in a game.. But Miggy hitting 14 more HR's, 56 more RBI's, and having a higher average, well thats enough for me..

Congrats Miguel on the AL MVP award!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post

Yes Trout has alot of runs(129) and sb's(49). But he is a leadoff hitter and has Pujols, Hunter, and Trumbo hitting after him.. So you would hope he would have alot of runs..
    Great point with who is hitting behind him. Now just imagine if Pujols didn't start off so slow or Trumbo didn't tail off in the end.

Either way....Miggy for MVP.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post

Cabrera:
    44HR
    139RBI
    205HITS
    .330AVG

Trout:
    30HR
    83RBI
    182 HITS
    .326AVG

I must add that it is much harder on the body playing outfield then it is playing infield.. Yes Miggy has to stay on his toes in the infield(1st base and 3rd base) but he doesn't have to run in and out every inning all the way from the outfield.. It's amazing how much of a toll that takes on the body in a game.. But Miggy hitting 14 more HR's, 56 more RBI's, and having a higher average, well thats enough for me..

Congrats Miguel on the AL MVP award!!
    It is a debate because they are different type of players. One that does everything well and another is a one dimentional player who's having a phenomenal season offensively. I think Miggy will win, although not because he's having a better season overall. To me, most valuable player is a player who excels in both offensive and defensive situations, while leading the charge for his team. While Trout has a great lineup behind him, he's the catalyse for his team especially early in the season when the team were in deep trouble.

If there is an MVH (Most valuable hitter) award, I'll gladly hand it to Miggy. To me though, Trout is the MVP by some margin. I still goes on the MLB website to check out his amazing catches once in a while. They truly are some of the craziest things you will ever see from baseball.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The biggest reason Trout is right there with Miggy is because of his tremendous fielding ability. You combine that with a guy that hits well over .300, scores over 100 runs, clubs 30 home runs and steals over 40 bases and you have an MVP caliber player.

Here is a great explanation on why he could win, but I don't know how Miggy doesn't take home the MVP after capturing the Triple Crown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...se-war-says-so

Trout will win a gold glove and rookie of the year, so its not like he'll go home empty handed.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."