Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yandle - OEL pp time

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Yandle - OEL pp time

I'm not complaining, because I have OEL in two keeper leagues (with different scoring categories in both).

But tonight, in a 2-1 game vs Philly, OEL has (as I type) 5:23 of PP time by midway thru the 3rd. Yandle has 1:58.

Overall, OEL is at 22mins..Yandle at 15mins.

No PIMs for Yandle either.

I've watched bits and pieces of some of the earlier Phoenix games, so haven't noticed such a big PP time discrepancy before. I mean, OEL has been on the first unit and Yandle working with the second, but can anyone explain what's going on here beyond that? Yandle, to me, is a pretty solid offensive defenseman.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am complaining, because I have Yandle.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

The Great One

As an owner of Hedman, who is getting no PP time at all, I certainly feel your pain.

I haven't watched any Phoenix games, but based on what I've read - and a quick look at behindthenet...it appears Phoenix wants to see what David Rundblad can do with power play time.

So far, the answer appears to be...not much.

Dobber Sports Ace

OEL is one of the golden boys and for good reason if you saw his PP goal tonight, beautiful deke around a d-man and ripped a nice hard shot for the score, GWG

He is definitely the future and becoming more of the present; its not anything bad about Yandle, just good about OEL. Yotes also seem to be grooming Rundblad and I have to believe they will continue to try trading Yandle for offense. They certainly need more.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Icon

well rundbladhas been in the pressbox for 2 games now so that cant be the reason.

I would agree though OEL is definitely their man and Yandle is just a good fwd away from being moved.

Dobber Sports Ace

It ain't right, it ain't fair, I don't like it.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    It ain't right, it ain't fair, I don't like it.
    Crawford Rinne and Plekanec all suck for me this year. Insert you quote above...(here).

That deserves rep! Lol

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I'm not complaining, because I have OEL in two keeper leagues (with different scoring categories in both).

But tonight, in a 2-1 game vs Philly, OEL has (as I type) 5:23 of PP time by midway thru the 3rd. Yandle has 1:58.

Overall, OEL is at 22mins..Yandle at 15mins.

No PIMs for Yandle either.

I've watched bits and pieces of some of the earlier Phoenix games, so haven't noticed such a big PP time discrepancy before. I mean, OEL has been on the first unit and Yandle working with the second, but can anyone explain what's going on here beyond that? Yandle, to me, is a pretty solid offensive defenseman.
    all i have to say is ...ITS ABOUT F'N TIME!!!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW)
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-
    NTP - Leonard, Perrault

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Banned

this is the year that yandle gets traded. patience.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with 27Blue: Patience, fellow Yandle owners.

When he finally gets traded, he'll be, mosty likely, the undisputed PP1 QB on his new team. He'll be The Golden Boy there, having just arrived for a top forward. Most any team he goes to will be more offensively oriented than the Yotes. Add it all up, Yandle's value should skyrocket once he's shipped out of the desert.

It sucks, I hate it too for now. But yes: patience.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I agree with all. Yandle will likely be traded once the right player can be had in return...OEL is undoubtedly the Coyotes #1 DMan, so they're going to ride him.

I guess the point I was trying to make (not to second-guess Dave Tippett, who's a hell of a coach) is: Yandle is a stud offensive defenseman. So seeing him get such limited minutes on the PP would, I'm suggesting, hurt the Coyotes just a tad.

Like, is OEL so much better of a threat on the PP that he's pretty much knocked Yandle out of the picture for Phoenix?

Dunno if any of that makes sense. And not sure why I'd care, given my ownership of OEL in a couple leagues. But last night's game just had me thinking a little bit

Dobber Sports Stud

Firstly, Yandle is not gonna be traded. Yandle has 3 yrs at 5.2 mil, not sure who threw that non sense out there! The guy is an absolute fantasy stud an a sure buy low right now if ever. I'd be throwing everything at the Yandle owner to obtain him. Do I need to remind you he had 51 pts in 48 games last year at only 27 and 50+ points the year prior?. D's tend to break in a bit later and he is in for a monster year. 2 pts in 5 games means nothing. Your looking way too much in to PP time.

OEL is crazy good, but we all new that. Tippet continues to spread his wealth with both point stars, but this won't continue. Soon both studs will benefit of each other as it should be, when the team needs serious contribution. They had Stone on the PP last night and he had a horrible give away that lead to a short handed goal. I'd get both of these guys and benefit from the 50+ point seasons they'll have. No doubt.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    Firstly, Yandle is not gonna be traded. Yandle has 3 yrs at 5.2 mil, not sure who threw that non sense out there! The guy is an absolute fantasy stud an a sure buy low right now if ever. I'd be throwing everything at the Yandle owner to obtain him. Do I need to remind you he had 51 pts in 48 games last year at only 27 and 50+ points the year prior?. D's tend to break in a bit later and he is in for a monster year. 2 pts in 5 games means nothing. Your looking way too much in to PP time.

OEL is crazy good, but we all new that. Tippet continues to spread his wealth with both point stars, but this won't continue. Soon both studs will benefit of each other as it should be, when the team needs serious contribution. They had Stone on the PP last night and he had a horrible give away that lead to a short handed goal. I'd get both of these guys and benefit from the 50+ point seasons they'll have. No doubt.
    yandle had 30 points in 48 games last season lol.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post

Good post, I guess you meant a 51 pt pace for Yandle last season?

Yandle's contract is actually fairly modest at this stage of the game so I dont see why it necessitates him being traded. Last season OEL and Yandle took turns having hot streaks and Id look for it to continue throughout this season.

And if Yandle does get traded, its just icing on the cake probably for both guys.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=bluejays;1210441]Firstly, Yandle is not gonna be traded. Yandle has 3 yrs at 5.2 mil, not sure who threw that non sense out there!

It's not nonsense. Yandle has been in the rumours for 2 plus years now with Pittsburgh and Philly being mentioned often, mainly because the Yotes have so many good young d men in the system. OEL, Rundblad, Stone, Gormley just to name a few. Yes Yandle is great, but it makes sense for the Yotes to move him because of the depth on D. OEL is going nowhere as he is the better all round d man (Being compared to Lidstrom I heard) and they would not get the return they would want for the other d men in the system. Plus they could get 2 forwards making $5.2 back in return.
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk