Thread: Butcher in NJ??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Butcher in NJ??

Rumors are getting stronger and stronger that a deal can be announced this weekend!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Butcher in NJ??

Im looking but Im not sure where you are reading these "rumours". I've read that the Devils are one of the few teams he's meeting with but I cant find anything that says he's close to signing with anyone yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, there is not a single thing anywhere on twitter about this lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Rumors are getting stronger and stronger that a deal can be announced this weekend!
    Do you go by the name Eklund by any chance?
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    Do you go by the name Eklund by any chance?
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I actually saw 2 Jim Montgomery's interviews where he says that NJ might be the front-runner on him but I can't find the link....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I actually saw 2 Jim Montgomery's interviews where he says that NJ might be the front-runner on him but I can't find the link....
    That probably means there isn't one...

Dobber Sports Wizard

If he's going to sign with New Jersey, then I really don't understand his decision not to sign with Colorado. I mean, they're both similarly bad teams and need some serious help.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If he's going to sign with New Jersey, then I really don't understand his decision not to sign with Colorado. I mean, they're both similarly bad teams and need some serious help.
    On the ice maybe but maybe there's something he doesnt like about Colorado off the ice, say coaching or management. I sometimes try to figure out why these kids don't sign with the team that drafted them, especially Butcher who would have walked into a very good opportunity for him in Colorado, who's crying for D help. There had to be something he didn't like there. New Jersey again like Colorado would be a good opportunity for him as well for the same reason. It would make sense but I find where these kids sign normally doesn't make sense so I am dubious he signs in Jersey.

At the end of the day, he's still just a rookie so no matter where he signs, expectations need to be tempered early on.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    On the ice maybe but maybe there's something he doesnt like about Colorado off the ice, say coaching or management. I sometimes try to figure out why these kids don't sign with the team that drafted them, especially Butcher who would have walked into a very good opportunity for him in Colorado, who's crying for D help. There had to be something he didn't like there. New Jersey again like Colorado would be a good opportunity for him as well for the same reason. It would make sense but I find where these kids sign normally doesn't make sense so I am dubious he signs in Jersey.

At the end of the day, he's still just a rookie so no matter where he signs, expectations need to be tempered early on.

You're right about that. Just thinking about Vesey's choice to sign with NYR...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Butcher and Colorado have bad blood because he wanted to come out last year and Colorado (Roy) didn't want to sign him.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/15...mike-chambers/
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

The Magnificent One

just read an article on allaboutthejersey.com that has devils articles and they have an article about could NJ become an actual destination for FAs? and in their it is mentioned that Butcher apparently talked to the Devils on the 15th. they were one of 5 teams. They also go on to mention that apparently Vesey also came to talk to them as others but many people don't choose NJ. so yes there might be some truth to the above but I would be shocked if it happened.

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/20...nation-for-fas
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now that Kerfoot (former NJ draft pick) signed with Colorado, it would be pretty funny if Butcher (former COL draft pick) signs with New Jersey.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/sta...40826750935040

UFA D Will Butcher is traveling to New Jersey today to meet w #Devils & #LAKings among top choices, I learned at @DU_Hockey pro camp this AM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Done deal! Butcher in NJ....