Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Romero

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Ricky Romero

As a Jays fan, it hurts me to say this but I am considering dropping him from my one year fantasy team. What the hell has happened to him this year. I had such high hopes for not only my Jays, but I expected a big year from RickyRo. Sigh....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

He killed my fantasy team and my fantasy year, and finally I dropped him today.

I went from 2nd to 2nd last, and I blame him. In fact, I had him active all year except I finally benched him about three weeks ago...then, to spit in my face, he had two good starts in a row. So then I activated him again and he went straight back to being crap just in time to ruin my team further.

Good riddance!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes I would drop him, in a one year league he is not worth holding on to. I have never seen a pitcher fall from grace so bad. If you were rewarded for walks he would be the best pitcher in the league! lol
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

This has simply been a year from hell for him. I think he needs to hook back up with Miss USA and get his go-go going again.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would have dropped him a long time ago lol.

Mentioned this in another thread in the baseball forum, but Romero has been pretty horrid all year, including the time when he had a great win/loss record. He was getting great run support but his control has been AWOL all year.

Toss in the fact that the Jays are just playing like horse bleep right now...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I would have dropped him a long time ago lol.
    Amen to that. He's been off the rails for a few months now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Amen to that. He's been off the rails for a few months now.
    I agree, but you had to think he was going to turn it around at some point. I mean, its not like he's a rookie who was off to a hot streak. This kid is a quality pitcher who just seems to be lost out there. No confidence at all. Maybe a trip to the minors would do him some good.

Who would have seen this coming from your opening day starter. Yikes!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree, but you had to think he was going to turn it around at some point. I mean, its not like he's a rookie who was off to a hot streak. This kid is a quality pitcher who just seems to be lost out there. No confidence at all. Maybe a trip to the minors would do him some good.

Who would have seen this coming from your opening day starter. Yikes!
    I've been hoping that he would suffer some sort of not-too-serious injury for awhile now...so that he would get some time off the field and then go down for rehab starts (a la Morrow, though Morrow's injury was pretty serious).

He just keeps sinking deeper and deeper...and the Jays aren't even looking like a real MLB team so he's not gonna get the type of run support he was getting early on to at least pump out a few W's here and there. (The club pretty much looks like a triple-A team other than a few key players)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dropped him long ago in one of my auto-draft leagues. I'd never draft him manually, as evidenced by refusing to pick him off the wire previously...
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah I was so high on him but he does more harm than good

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hope you dropped him instead of keeping him and playing him last night....lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I hope you dropped him instead of keeping him and playing him last night....lol

No but that was the last straw. I dropped him right after. Miserable SOB.

Dobber Sports Star

I will be the first to admit I was very, VERY wrong about Romero. He's the worst. Where's Livan Hernandez? Would rather start him.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ouch Axeman...I bet the great start he had last week was the worst thing that could have happened because it got your hopes up lol.

I'm hoping Romero can get his head on straight for next year.

Dobber Sports Deity

For those who still own him, I just read that he will be benched for his upcoming start in the hopes the extra rest will allow him to get his head together and get in some practice. That, and also it helps Jays get a starter in there who gives them a chance to win.

Poor RickyRo