Thread: Opinions please(REP)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Opinions please(REP)

I am getting some offers for Grigorenko and was not going to give them the time of day until I started looking at my roster and I am not sure I will be able to keep him next season. We are allowed to keep 7 players each year. Before I start trading some players I would like to see whom the board likes more out of these players. Which young players do you like better long term:

Grigorenko
    Huberdeau
    Conacher
    Kreider

Thanks in advance for your help!
    10 Team Roto 7 Player Keeper League
    No Bench
    (G ,A, +/-, PIM,PPP, SOG) (W, GAA,SV,SV %, SHO)
    3C, 3RW,3LW, 5D, 3G

C= Backstrom, Nugent-Hopkins, Duchene

RW= Yakupov, Tarasenko, Carter

LW= Schenn, Fleischmann, Conacher

W= Morrow, Okposo

F= Huberdeau, Grigogenko

D=Karlssson, M.Green, K.Yandle, Carlson, R.Ellis

G=Luongo, Varlamov, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by huskerpower22 View Post
    I am getting some offers for Grigorenko and was not going to give them the time of day until I started looking at my roster and I am not sure I will be able to keep him next season. We are allowed to keep 7 players each year. Before I start trading some players I would like to see whom the board likes more out of these players. Which young players do you like better long term:

Grigorenko
    Huberdeau
    Conacher
    Kreider

Thanks in advance for your help!
    I don't see how you keep him. Backstrom, RNH, Yak, Tara and Karlsson are keepers. You need to keep one goalie. I'd probably keep Varly. That leaves one spot for Grigs, Hubs, Duchene and Conacher. I would trade one of your goalies + Grigs for an upgrade in the net and keep whomever you get. Bottomline, you need to package your pieces to upgrade because you can't keep 'em all.

Dobber Sports Expert

To you immediate question I prefer Huberdeau. In a limited keeper [especially one with only 7 slots] prospects are often over-valued b/c of their tempting upside [which many don't reach until their 4th season]. There will also always be a plethora of top-end prospects available in your draft who simply haven't "broken out" yet.

Given some of your top end, young, and more proven talent Grigs is more than expendable IMHO.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Future:
    1. Huberdeau
    2. Grigorenko
    3. Conacher
    4. Kreider

Grigorenko wouldn't be a keeper for me, and I'm not sure he would be a keeper for anyone else, not sure where his value would sit in your league. Not quite sure I would even want to keep Huberdeau in a keep 7.