Page 40 of 244 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Binghamton is now the best team in the AHL (%-wise). The youngest team in the league has been doing it with a balanced offensive attack and solid leadership from the few, but key veterans they have - Veterans that were sorely lacking last season after winning the Calder Cup in 2011.

#...NAME...................POS...GP....G...A...P.. .+/-...SOG
    33..Jakob Silfverberg....RW.....25....11..11...22...+1....82
    61..Andre Benoit..........D........25.....9...11..20...+3... .64
    17..Patrick Wiercioch....D........23.....8...9...17...+13....6 1
    27..Mike Hoffman ........LW.....25.....6...10...16...+5....79
    21 Derek Grant C 25 8 5 13 +4 50
    29 Tyler Eckford D 25 6 6 12 +2 39
    19 Hugh Jessiman RW 25 6 4 10 0 51
    12 Pat Cannone C 25 5 5 10 +10 37
    24 Stephane Da Costa C 13 3 7 10 0 28
    18 Shane Prince LW 17 5 4 9 +3 26
    16 Mark Stone RW 19 4 5 9 +6 25
    23 Corey Cowick LW 24 2 7 9 +4 32
    22 David Dziurzynski LW 24 2 7 9 +4 28
    15 Cole Schneider LW 16 2 6 8 +8 22
    10 Jean-G Pageau C 24 1 7 8 +4 46
    93 Mika Zibanejad C 16 1 6 7 -3 39
    20 Andre Petersson RW 17 2 3 5 -7 36
    5 Mark Borowiecki D 18 1 4 5 +9 17
    3 Fredrik Claesson D 23 0 5 5 +1 12
    2 Eric Gryba D 16 2 2 4 +7 24
    4 Jared Cowen D 3 0 3 3 0 3
    25 Jack Downing RW 1 0 0 0 0 0
    28 Darren Kramer LW 1 0 0 0 0 0
    11 Louie Caporusso C 3 0 0 0 0 3
    44 Ben Blood D 4 0 0 0 -1 2
    6 Chris Wideman D 13 0 0 0 -4 17

Lehner is his beastly self, Bishop had a rough one last game but on-the-year, his numbers are solid as well.

GP GA SO GAA W L SOL SV%
    Robin Lehner 16 30 1 1.93 10 4 1 0.943
    Ben Bishop 9 25 0 2.76 6 2 1 0.928

Silfverberg is adjusting a good as anyone could have hoped as mentioned in the ramblings last week and everyone is hoping for the same from Zibanejad once he is healthy from a trifecta is illnesses.
    Last edited by notch4077; December 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Erik Karlsson left Finnish SM-liiga (atleast for now) in style - 5 points in 8-1 win over the rival team. Overall Karlsson had 34 points in 30 games which is good enough for 6th overall in league scoring. The second highest D-man in scoring (Jason Demers) has only 21 points. Safe to say he was pretty dominant during his time in SM-liiga.

Here's a great goal by Karlsson from yesterday's game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va5g1YPX12E
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Erik Karlsson left Finnish SM-liiga (atleast for now) in style - 5 points in 8-1 win over the rival team. Overall Karlsson had 34 points in 30 games which is good enough for 6th overall in league scoring. The second highest D-man in scoring (Jason Demers) has only 21 points. Safe to say he was pretty dominant during his time in SM-liiga.

Here's a great goal by Karlsson from yesterday's game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va5g1YPX12E
    And here is video from after today's game - his final game. You can tell he is a fan favorite.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrTPdR3wMC8

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Bishop vs. Lehner

Hello Lads and Lasses.

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been infected with the pundits' optimisim for an end to the lockout.

I plan on a boycott for an initial few weeks, because like so many of you I'm beyond disgusted by the greed on display during times when so many of our fellow citizens are struggling. However, I fully confess that my love for fantasy hockey will eventually bring me back to the NHL. Beyond fantasy hockey, I do miss my Ottawa Senators, as well as the community on this website.

For all these reasons, it will be nice to see the return of NHL hockey. I thought I'd use this new found optimisim to motivate me to write a question on the board.

I live in Saskatchewan, and I haven't taken the time to follow the Baby Sens. (That's why I'm turning to you guys) However, I have been reading about Lehner and have been quite excited about him for some time. I was surprised at the acquisition of Ben Bishop last year. From what I've read lately, it appears Lehner has responded very well to the competition and has developed a mature, professional work ethic.

What have your impressions of him been? Are my statements true?

Most importantly, it seems he's ready for another shot in the show....though they may want to keep him in the AHL so he can be a full-time starter.

I realize that if there's a season, we'll have to see how it unfolds. Assuming it does, what happens with Anderson, Bishop and Lehner this year? Who gets moved, and what would be the holes the team would look to fill?

Also, lastly...it really sucks that Cowen got hurt....he's going to be an absolute beast for the Senators. Any chance he plays this year?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

I’m not boycotting anything. I’ve got my season tickets and I will be there for the Sens 1st home game of 2013 and their last as well. Alfie deserves that (if he plays…if there is a season). Boycotting proves nothing except that you are a bitter man who holds onto grudges. Focus on positives. Haha.

I wasn’t surprised by the acquisition of Bishop last season, just happy. Lehner (my favorite prospect) was the opposite of a professional in 2011-12. Can’t say I blame him; but he was, and is, better than that in all aspects, on and off the ice. It is fairly well known amongst hardcore Sens fans that the glaring weakness on their depth chart was in net. GM Murray addressed those needs and you are seeing the fruits of his labor.

Your assessment is right in my opinion. Lehner is looking like a professional now. He always had the ability to stop the puck, but approached the game wrong mentally and physically last season. If it wasn’t for Lehner (and Bishop), this season would have been lost 15 games in. They have both carried the Bingo Sens on their backs and now the team is responding by scoring some goals. The Baby Sens are truly that, they are the youngest team in the league and have the best winning % in the AHL thus far. Rookie Coach Luke Richardson will get the nod behind the bench for the All-Star game because of that and the players couldn’t be happier for him.

Back to Lehner, you say he seems ready for another shot in the show (NHL), and I agree, but that won’t happen quite yet. Bishop is the forgotten man in all of this. It is Bishop that will start the year in the NHL and probably split duties with Anderson 50/50 until Anderson can get in game shape. From there, results dictate who plays between Anderson and Bishop. Give Craig the edge 65 to 35 for now.

Lehner’s job is to remain professional and lead the Bingo Sens as far as he can - and he will do that with a smile on his face. Why? Lehner has matured into that pro that we talked about earlier. I’m sure he will get a few call-ups here and there, but the AHL is his full time spot this season.

Cowen, that’s a tough one. Who knows how his recovery is going, but I’m not expecting him to help our severely under-manned defence this season (if there is one).

Welcome back.

Dobber Sports Genius

THANK YOU! It is about time I can follow the REAL Sens again, I am happy Bingo is doing so well and I hope it continues, but here goes my anticipated lineup for Ottawa on opening night.

It is almost a given that the Sens will once again (and so will almost ever other team) carry a 23-man roster. With the shortened camp and some players going from 0 to 100 over a 10 day training camp, injuries will dictate the need for all hands on deck.

These lines are a combination of what I hope and what I think we will see on opening night.

Michalek - Spezza - Latendresse
    Silfverberg/Regin - Turris - Alfredsson
    Regin/Silfverberg - Smith - Neil
    Greening - O'Brien - Condra

(Now don't laugh)
    Methot - Karlsson
    Phillips - Gonchar
    Wiercioch - Benoit

Anderson and Bishop splitting games as I said earlier until Anderson gets in game shape.

Final 3 roster spots go to the injured Lundin (replaces Benoit when healthy), Daugavins and Hoffman.

Standing by the phone in Binghamton are Zibanejad (when healthy and rolling), Da Costa, Grant, Stone, Gryba and Borowiecki.

Having both Cowen and Lundin injured is really, really an embarrassing state of affairs for the Sens defence. Anything can happen with the 5/6 pairing (especially on the right side), I don't think there is any question that Wiercioch has earned the 5 spot on the left. Not a huge deal because Karlsson and Gonchar will eat up almost 50 of 60 minutes on that right side.

Don't be surprised to see a signing or trade for a right side Dman.

I'm sorry Bingo, but your success this season is about to slow.
    Last edited by notch4077; January 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Wasn't there a rumour from Garrioch a few weeks back that the Sens were ready to trade Go char? I can't see them trading him if they don't have a replacement.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Garrioch is on the same level as Eklund when it comes to trade rumors. Complete and utter BS.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Wasn't there a rumour from Garrioch a few weeks back that the Sens were ready to trade Go char? I can't see them trading him if they don't have a replacement.
    Not a chance Gonchar gets traded - 0%. But yes, there was that rumor created by the guy you speak of.

You might see the Sens add a right-side Dman though.

EDIT: Dakkster, haha.

Dobber Sports Genius

Side note: I find it HILARIOUS that anywhere I look and see other people's opinions on their Sens projected lineup, NOWHERE do they mention PETER REGIN.

Those people are wrong...but I understand how easy he would be to forget. #BandAidBoy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Notch,

Are you leaving Zibanejad in Binghamton for the season? I notice you didn't mention him on your 'wait by the phone' list either.

EDIT: nevermind....my bad
    Last edited by notch4077; January 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Oops didnt read it too close....morning blurs
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Notch,

Are you leaving Zibanejad in Binghamton for the season? I notice you didn't mention him on your 'wait by the phone' list either.

EDIT: nevermind....my bad
    No worries. Glad you caught it; yes, he was on my wait by the phone list until healthy and rolling.

And, didn't mean to edit your post, I meant to hit quote. I left it as you had it obviously.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It'll be interesting to see if the lockout negatively affects the chemistry and momentum the Sens had after their playoff showing. I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back and miss the playoffs. Especially considering the state of the team's D...

Banned

Not sure why the D is a big issue. Pretty much the same as last year just without Cowen (big loss), but Methot provides what he brings and is more experienced. It's only the bottom pair that will be pretty weak. Wiercioch is legit right now. One of the better AHL d-men this year. The team will live and die by offense again.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The team will live and die by offense again.
    Love it.....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner