Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I can understand how Weber fits in the team salary cap right now, but Doan? I'd love to have him on the team, I just can't imagine how he would fit in for fair value. Homer would have to pull some serious strings to make that one work, unless of course he already has a significant package in place to send back to Nashville. hmmmm
    Yeah, I agree. If Holmgren's interested in Doan it probably means that he's got a package of players in the works for Weber instead of the draft picks, and that package has to include at least 2 higher salaried guys.

My best guess is that aside from whatever else is in it, it's probably two from among:

Voracek
    Meszasros
    B.Schenn
    L.Schenn

guys like Hartnell, Briere, Timonen, Coburn, Grossman, and Bryz are out because of NTCs

Giroux's too valuable.

Talbot, Fedotenko, Shelly, Gervais and Lilja are all low salaried free agent signings, who wouldn't clear much space, and Holmgren doesn't seem to like to trade free agents he's signed.

I'd imagine he'd be loath to trade lower salaried impact guys like Read, Couturier, and Simmonds simply because he knows he needs them for cap purposes.

And guys like Wellwood, Rinaldo, Bourdon, Gustafsson, and Manning might be of interest to Nashville, but again wouldn't clear enough space for a Doan contract, so I think it's two of those four i listed.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

In fact the more I think about it from Poile's point of view, the more I think I'd be trying to get a package from Holmgren of both Schenns for the simple reason that it's "sellable" as something to get excited about to the Preds fans, and I think that has to be a big, big consideration to Nashville after having just lost Weber and Suter.

Let's hope Holmgren is an unreasonable bastard they wind up with draft picks instead.

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agreed, FF. I want Nashville to get four firsts. Does that make me too competitive? evil? So be it.

But if we were to look at Doan, I can imagine Mez would be the first piece going over (manageable cap hit even for Preds) and Voracek plus two firsts. I think that deal is more than fair IF they can't match the offer sheet. If they truly can and Holmgren is forced to do it, I'd include Read in that deal or, as you said, give them to two Schenn brothers and two firsts.

Just by sending Mez over, we'd have enough space to sign Doan.

As of yesterday, the Preds haven't even contacted Weber according to his agent. To me, that either means the dialogue has already happened and he's expressed his interest in leaving before signing the offer sheet, or they're waiting to have all their ducks in a row (i.e. the money in the bank) to sit down and discuss his future with the franchise. But as I read here before, you have to believe that if they wanted to sign Suter, Weber and Parise all at once, they would need the money on hand to pull off such moves.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Genius

I sure hope the Schenns stick around
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Chillin View Post
    Agreed, FF. I want Nashville to get four firsts. Does that make me too competitive? evil? So be it.
    It does kind of sound evil, lol. But Homer isn't obligated to make any further "balancing" trade. If he wanted to he could try to use some of Philly's bulk assets in a trade for Ryan as an example, leaving Nashville with the 4 1st rounders.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Flyers have signed rfa forward Harry Zolniercyzk to a one year $600k two way contract.

Harry's going to have a tough time making the roster out of the gate, but his 600k salary (200k lower than last season), and waiver ineligibility should work to his benefit and guarantee him a slot as the first call up, and being an inexpensive roster option might give him quite a few days on the big club's roster.

There's still more to Harry's game then we've seen, but he seems to have been passed by Wellwood, this deal gives him another year to show his stuff, and the lower NHL salary seems like a smart move on Harry's part as it'll give him a better opportunity to show what he can do with the Flyers rather than the Phantoms.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Voracek signed yesterday to a 4 year 17 million dollar contract.

For poolies, the most important thing about that is that during the conference call with reporters announcing the signing, Voracek thanked Holmgren and the Flyers for the opportunity to play on Claude Giroux's line this season.

So there it is, Voracek is officially the top line RW.

He also mentioned that he's been working on his shot this off season, something Holmgren and Laviolette suggested during the exit interviews.

Laviolette's also expected to be signed to an extension shortly.

Lastly, here's a slink to agreat article where Claude Giroux attributes his off season surgery on both wrists to Sidney Crosby, and claims that during the Flyers series vs. the Pens, whenever he and Crosby lined up against each other to face off, Crosby ignored the puck, and instead hacked at his wrists.

link: http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/bl...rists-every-fa

Interesting article on Die by the Blade posits the question: do the Sabres trade their D-depth to Philly? Or is it a deal with the sevil? (no offense)

Sekera or Leopold and if so for whom? I am on the road pr I would post a link...sorry.

Discuss!
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; July 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

I dont see us trading for Sekera or Leopold. We have 3rd pairing guys. We need more of a top pairing dman.

Tyler Myers and Luke Adam
    for
    Simmonds, Scott Laughton and a 2nd.

Schenn - G – Voracek
    Hartnell – Briere – Read
    Fedo – Couts – Adam
    Rinaldo – Talbot - Wellwood

Timonen – Myers
    Coburn – Grossmann
    Schenn - Meszaros

This would put us over the cap tho. A similar deal for Ehrhoff/Regehr would leave us will .5m cap space.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I dont see us trading for Sekera or Leopold. We have 3rd pairing guys. We need more of a top pairing dman.

Tyler Myers and Luke Adam
    for
    Simmonds, Scott Laughton and a 2nd.

Schenn - G – Voracek
    Hartnell – Briere – Read
    Fedo – Couts – Adam
    Rinaldo – Talbot - Wellwood

Timonen – Myers
    Coburn – Grossmann
    Schenn - Meszaros

This would put us over the cap tho. A similar deal for Ehrhoff/Regehr would leave us will .5m cap space.
    I hope this wasn't a serious trade proposal because Myers would require a lot more than that soft (meaning not enough) package, let alone including Adam as well.... Think Schenn or Couturier to start for Myers, but Buffalo wouldn't even do that or trade Myers IMO.
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Flyers aren't going to trade B. Schenn or Couturier. It just isn't going to happen. They guy that will get moved, if anybody, is Read, but I can't see him being enough to get the top end blueliner they need, whether you're talking about Myers from the Sabres (who I'm not sure you could just drop on the top pairing anyway) or a guy like Yandle. In the end their best bet is to roll with what they have, hope Coburn can play a full season as a top pairing guy, Timonen doesn't break down, and L. Schenn isn't a liability. If the blueline is still a problem during the season, then you look to acquire somebody. I just don't see there being any fit right now.

Dobber Sports Master

Half serious, but yeah... I know the Sabres would laugh at that offer. That was kinda the point. Anything that we give up forward wise leaves a huge hole with few ways to fill. So we couldn't offer what the Sabres would want for a guy like Myers. AND... we're not after guys like Sekera or Leopold.

Trading away JVR for Schenn is really screwing things up right now. We could have dished off JVR in a package for a top pairing kind of guy. I really hope that Schenn is better than I think he is and is ready for a top 4 role. Cause if he aint we could be really screwed.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What do you think it would take to land Ryan? ANA wants Schenn and Couturier but that won't happen... What's a likely scenario?

Part two: Do you go hard for Ryan or Yandle? I would think it would cost roughly the same to land either one. I know the argument is that we need D more than forward depth, but isn't Ryan what we hoped JVR/Carter would be? Aggressive, goal scorer... How many of these guys are around that would fit in nicely with Philly's style?
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Maybe we just need to chill the **** out? You can't create something out of nothing and that is what we are trying to do. Ryan wont be cheap and we dont have spare parts to trade away. Same goes for Yandle. I know its difficult to think that we wont be competing for the Cup this year, but maybe we should just build our chances with a bit less urgency?

Hopefully some decent players make it to FA status. We could take a run at Perry, Getzlaf, Horton, MacArthur? Not much on defence tho.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The longer you wait, the worse your chances at winning. I know the asking price is a lot for both player but you have to realize that contracts and extensions are coming up fast in the next few years. Giroux, Read, Simmonds, Schenn, Hartnell, Couturier... All of these guys are going to command much, much more money and while a number of other guys are coming off the books (Briere, Hartnell(?), Timonen) we still will need to pay our guys what they're worth to keep them around/risk losing them to an offer sheet.

Our depth is what is keeping us competitive so it's really a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

For the record, I don't want to mortgage our future. I'd only sell off fringe pieces like Read/Mez/Gus/Laughton and picks.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO