Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge Trade! Need Help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Huge Trade! Need Help!

I've been mulling this over for almost 24 hours straight now. It's for the team in sig. I currently sit in second, trailing first by 6 points. This one is tough for me because this trade will definitely take me out of contention. Although, coming into this season, I didn't think I was going to win anyways. I think I need to wait a year for guys like Granlund, Silfverberg and hopefully Josi to come into their own.

Here's the offer:

St. Louis
    Datsyuk
    Boyle

FOR

Perry
    Lupul OR Barrie
    Karlsson

I need help! Please! lol. Can't stop thinking about it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Man, that's a tough one. It certainly would drop you out of contention, but being able to snag Karlsson...that's where it's at.

Tough call, but if you really don't think your team can hold it together to challenge, I take Perry (he will catch fire soon too) Lupul and Karlsson.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
    I've been mulling this over for almost 24 hours straight now. It's for the team in sig. I currently sit in second, trailing first by 6 points. This one is tough for me because this trade will definitely take me out of contention. Although, coming into this season, I didn't think I was going to win anyways. I think I need to wait a year for guys like Granlund, Silfverberg and hopefully Josi to come into their own.

Here's the offer:

St. Louis
    Datsyuk
    Boyle

FOR

Perry
    Lupul OR Barrie
    Karlsson

I need help! Please! lol. Can't stop thinking about it.
    I'd do it. He's right in that you're gonna lose momentarily this year, but you gain big time in the long term. Even though it looks like he can play until he's 45, St. Louis is getting up there in age, as are Boyle and Datsyuk.

In the long term you'll be getting younger and better. That being said I don't know where they'll but Lupul when he gets back (what with Kessel's chemistry with JVR).

Still, being able to get Perry AND Karlsson in one deal? Done and done.

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Tough call, but if you really don't think your team can hold it together to challenge, I take Perry (he will catch fire soon too) Lupul and Karlsson.
    I honestly don't think I can hold it together for the win this year. Main thing is I don't have many trade assets as guys like Nyquist, Larsen, Elliott and even Silfverberg and Granlund don't hold as much value as they should because not all the GMs in my league know much about prospects.

Thanks for the input bumchilly.

Quote Originally Posted by 9601 View Post
    I'd do it. He's right in that you're gonna lose momentarily this year, but you gain big time in the long term. Even though it looks like he can play until he's 45, St. Louis is getting up there in age, as are Boyle and Datsyuk.

In the long term you'll be getting younger and better. That being said I don't know where they'll but Lupul when he gets back (what with Kessel's chemistry with JVR).

Still, being able to get Perry AND Karlsson in one deal? Done and done.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly, bud.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would do it. Lose 3 older but really good players. Get 2 younger beasts of players.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Novice

I would take that for sure in a keeper format, pick Lupul over Barrie though.

Do you mind helping me in return? http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=147351

Thanks and good luck!

Dobber Sports Guru

I think you're crazy if you accept the deal. You're in second place. Go for the win this year. Who cares about next year if you can do it this year? I could understand if you were in sixth place, but second?

What happens next season if Crosby gets injured, it takes karlsson a while to get back to his usual self, and Ribeiro signs in Columbus in the offseason? Or whatever. Your guys are going well now. Use that while you can.

When you have a chance to win now, you go for the win now. You're only six points back. That's nothing in a points only pool.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think you're crazy if you accept the deal. You're in second place. Go for the win this year. Who cares about next year if you can do it this year? I could understand if you were in sixth place, but second?

What happens next season if Crosby gets injured, it takes karlsson a while to get back to his usual self, and Ribeiro signs in Columbus in the offseason? Or whatever. Your guys are going well now. Use that while you can.

When you have a chance to win now, you go for the win now. You're only six points back. That's nothing in a points only pool.
    Newf, at the moment my 12th forward is Granlund with 6 points and my 6th d-man is Josi with 3 points. Both of those players are counting for me right now. After that, the only depth I have is Silfverberg at 6 points and Philip Larsen with 1 point.

Point is that my depth for this year in Silfverberg/Granlund and Josi is not good enough to win in my league. To add to that, and like I said in the first post, there aren't many GMs in my league that believe in Silfverberg, Granlund, Nyquist, Elliott, Josi and Larsen enough for me to trade them for the pieces I need to win this year (there's no way I can win this year with the way my team is right now. I would need to make a couple of changes). They don't read this website lol.

But I understand your point. We're in these things to win them, which is why this is difficult for me. I just feel that (1) I truly believe I can't win this year and (2) I really like the return on the trade.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
    Newf, at the moment my 12th forward is Granlund with 6 points and my 6th d-man is Josi with 3 points. Both of those players are counting for me right now. After that, the only depth I have is Silfverberg at 6 points and Philip Larsen with 1 point.

Point is that my depth for this year in Silfverberg/Granlund and Josi is not good enough to win in my league. To add to that, and like I said in the first post, there aren't many GMs in my league that believe in Silfverberg, Granlund, Nyquist, Elliott, Josi and Larsen enough for me to trade them for the pieces I need to win this year (there's no way I can win this year with the way my team is right now. I would need to make a couple of changes). They don't read this website lol.

But I understand your point. We're in these things to win them, which is why this is difficult for me. I just feel that (1) I truly believe I can't win this year and (2) I really like the return on the trade.
    You can trade Fleury for an upgrade. Or Eriksson. Or Galch. Or whoever. Trade one of them for someone not as big a name but having a much better year.

You don't need to sell the prospects if people don't want them. Trade the ones guys want.

Obviously, your situation changes if one of your top players get injured or something. But I'm a huge believer in if you have a shot, you take. You may not get the opportunity again for a few years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

If I read all the posts and your replies to them, you have already made up your mind and want to make the deal.

Go make the trade and hope for next year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I read all the posts and your replies to them, you have already made up your mind and want to make the deal.

Go make the trade and hope for next year.
    Ya, I definitely want to make the deal. Just trying to make sure it's the right move. The thing is, if I wasn't in contention, wouldn't this trade be a no-brainer?

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Obviously, your situation changes if one of your top players get injured or something. But I'm a huge believer in if you have a shot, you take. You may not get the opportunity again for a few years
    This is another thing. I've been very lucky with injuries so far this year, but if I get even one long-term injury to any one of my top 12 forards or 6 d-men, I'm pretty much done because I don't have the depth to replace the lost points.

Dobber Sports Expert

What's on the line? Money? Pride? A bit of both.

My league has $1500 in prizes to the top teams, so I could understand the reason for the delay. If it's just bragging rights....you'd better get it done before the other owner opts out. Even if it is a big payday, you should be reaping the rewards of this deal for years to come.....
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Just made the deal...kind of bittersweet...I'm happy with my decision though, so...what else can you ask for really?

Bumchilly, I guess a bit of both were on the line. Not so much the money because it's a $400 prize which is good, but not $1500 obviously. Probably more pride now that I think about it because I would have loved to have that sweet trophy in my family room again this year, but it's not going to happen now. Oh well, here's to many championships in the future!

Thanks for all the input, gents.