Thread: Giving up on Halak. So I'll pair Halak with Perry and upgrade my goaltending?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Giving up on Halak. So I'll pair Halak with Perry and upgrade my goaltending?

Games Played: 55
    Games Remaining: 41
    Wins: 22 (6/15)
    GAA: 2.83 (6/15)
    SV%: .897 (2/15)
    SHO: 6 (14.5/15)
    28.5 out of 60 points

I think I'm fine in skater categories. I think the only way I can gain ground is to get rid of some of that offense and upgrade my goaltending. I can't wait 3 weeks for Halak to get it together. 41 goalie games remaining and I probably need 25-30 wins out of those 41 games to finish top-4 in Wins which would give me another 4-5 points. SV% needs to be around .915 to be middle of pack for another 5-6 points or so. What do you guys think?

Should I go after these guys?

1. Dubnyk
    2. Quick & Bernier
    3. Luongo & Schneider
    4. Hiller & Fasth
    5. Price
    6. Crawford & Niemi (but I'd rather stay away, this GM might win the league!)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you're pairing Halak with Perry you better be getting Price in return.

Halak is damn good and should get the starting job back at some point. He will start at the end of this week so there's his chance.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
    If you're pairing Halak with Perry you better be getting Price in return.

Halak is damn good and should get the starting job back at some point. He will start at the end of this week so there's his chance.
    Except this GM is way out of his mind, I think the only way he trades Price is if I give him 1/2 my offense.

Halak is starting the front-end of a B2B this weekend...not too excited. Only hope is if Allen gets pulled tonight

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As I said in your last post, only if the price isn't ridiculous. That price is ridiculous. A fair offer would be Halak and Eriksson/Burrows (which is still a lot to pay). What's available on the wire? I'm assuming you missed out on Allen

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As I said in your last post, only if the price isn't ridiculous. That price is ridiculous. A fair offer would be Halak and Eriksson/Burrows (which is still a lot to pay). What's available on the wire? I'm assuming you missed out on Allen
    All backup goalies are gone. 15 teams, some teams have 4-5 goalies each

Dobber Sports Stud

What do you guys think would be a fair offer for the VAN or LAK goalies? Perry must be involved or it's a no go. Is Perry straight up enough???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with what has already been said. Halak is a very good goalie on a top 4 team in the NHL, packaging him with Perry is not worth anyone outside of Price/Rask/Rinne. Schneider, Luongo, and Quick all are going to give you similar angst this season: inconsistent performance and battling for starting time with a quality backup. Halak is more of a clear #1 than either Vancouver goalie, and until Quick can close the door on Bernier, his situation isn't much better than Halak's.

Do you think the Quick owner would take Varlamov + Pavelski? Would be a bit of a lowball offer, but there should be room to work with given Quick's play thus far.

Dobber Sports Wizard

lets be realistic here just for a minute if there was real value in halak in a 1 year league the OP would be keeping him and not trading him for an upgrade

15 team league nearly every goalie owned i would absolutely expect goalies to be unbelievably expensive and considering we are offering them a goalie of marginal value (after all that is why he is being sent rather than kept) the other piece asked is going to be a big part

the other gms in this league i would imagine are trying to win this also and arent looking to make someone else better without making themselves better by an equal if not greater amount

they may as well stay put otherwise

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    I agree with what has already been said. Halak is a very good goalie on a top 4 team in the NHL, packaging him with Perry is not worth anyone outside of Price/Rask/Rinne. Schneider, Luongo, and Quick all are going to give you similar angst this season: inconsistent performance and battling for starting time with a quality backup. Halak is more of a clear #1 than either Vancouver goalie, and until Quick can close the door on Bernier, his situation isn't much better than Halak's.

Do you think the Quick owner would take Varlamov + Pavelski? Would be a bit of a lowball offer, but there should be room to work with given Quick's play thus far.
    I agree and that's why I drafted Halak this season, but the results just aren't there. In a full season I would hold onto Halak, but it looks like he'll only get 10-12 out of 20 remaining starts assuming he's back in Vezina form. Price is untouchable, Rask is on a competitor's team, and Rinne is Jekyl and Hyde this month.

No way he takes that. He needs a clear upgrade at wing. Either way I'm going to have to overpay .

Halak, Perry for Schneider, Luongo, Clarkson

or

Halak, Perry for Quick, Bernier, Pominville

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Didn't realize those offers were on the table (thought you'd only be trading for 1 LA or Van goalie). I like the Vancouver + Clarkson trade more. Clarkson comes closest to replacing Perry's stat package and you bring back two quality goalies with an outside chance one gets traded (looking doubtful though). Any chance you can get them to swap out Varlamov for Halak?

Dobber Sports Stud

No chance of swapping with Varlamov.