Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [rumor] Patrick Sharp is in the block

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [rumor] Patrick Sharp is in the block

The link involves a video as well. This is coming from Nick Kypreos so take this rumor with a grain of salt. Good discussion topic none the less.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...-nick-kyproes/

Chicago Blackhawks winger Patrick Sharp could be on the move this summer.

The Blackhawks are looking to add a centre, and Sharp is available as a potential trade chip, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos said Tuesday on Hockey Central at Noon on Sportsnet 590 The Fan.

In 82 games last season, the Winnipeg native led the Blackhawks with 34 goals and 78 points. He also won an Olympic gold medal while representing Canada at the Sochi Games. Sharp, who won Stanley Cups with Chicago in 2010 and 2013, has three years remaining on a contract that includes a modified no-trade clause and an annual salary cap hit of $5.9 million.

The 32-year-old has been with the Blackhawks since being acquired from the Flyers in 2005. Sharp was selected 95th overall by Philadelphia in the 2001 draft and has amassed 483 points in 677 career regular season games.

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman would also be looking to clear up some cap space in order to sign stars Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews to long-term extensions; their contracts expire at the end of the 2014-15 season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: [rumor] Patrick Sharp is in the block

I think the rumour has been around for a while. A buddy on mine mentioned it last Friday that he heard the same rumour.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think the rumour has been around for a while. A buddy on mine mentioned it last Friday that he heard the same rumour.
    You could very well be right.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This theory works as well for me as a dull knife.
    Sharp... dull... oh... I've lost it.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yeah, I heard this one a couple of weeks ago too. I think the rumours will drag on for a bit, but unless the Blackhawks get a phenomenal return for him, I don't see Sharp going anywhere else but Chicago.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Star

definitely possible for the right guy, sharp is on the wrong side of 30.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Administrator

I'd prefer keeping Sharp and just buying out Bickell if necessary if this whole thing is cap-influenced. Otherwise it will be tough to swap Sharp and get an equivalent center back.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

all the teams that have top centres available aren't really in need of a guy like sharp. maybe thornton for sharp swap?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    all the teams that have top centres available aren't really in need of a guy like sharp. maybe thornton for sharp swap?
    I think your first point makes the Thornton/Sharp swap unlikely. Didn't the Sharks claim to want to become a "tomorrow" team? Sharp at 32 isn't exactly tomorrow's player. More like tomorrow's coach.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bob MacKenzie probably said this somewhere in a bar, last week, in Toronto and Kypreos was hiding in a corner booth, wearing a disguise and put it on his twitter today.. HaHaHaHaHa!!

What next Kypreos, is Kesler and Spezza on the block??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think your first point makes the Thornton/Sharp swap unlikely. Didn't the Sharks claim to want to become a "tomorrow" team? Sharp at 32 isn't exactly tomorrow's player. More like tomorrow's coach.
    yea i just don't see a sharp for a top C deal, if san jose was retooling maybe that would work but it seems they want to rebuild. maybe hawks trade sharp for picks/prospects and then gun hard for stastny? nah i think sharp stays and they try to sign a Roy/Grabo type player to play alongside Kane.

Administrator

yea i just don't see a sharp for a top C deal, if san jose was retooling maybe that would work but it seems they want to rebuild. maybe hawks trade sharp for picks/prospects and then gun hard for stastny? nah i think sharp stays and they try to sign a Roy/Grabo type player to play alongside Kane.
    They won two cups without a guy that is seen as a true #2 C so for their sake I hope they don't reach too far to make this happen. It would be nice if they can get a guy somehow but in a cap world no team can be perfect.

Dobber Sports Stud

For Gagner!! Everyone to the oilers!!!
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'd prefer keeping Sharp and just buying out Bickell if necessary if this whole thing is cap-influenced. Otherwise it will be tough to swap Sharp and get an equivalent center back.
    Bickell is not going to get bought out. He is a valuable member of the team and at 4 M per is not that much overpaid. He was on the top line for the entire playoffs and was one of the Hawks most productive players in the first 2 rounds. This is 3 out of the last 4 years that Bickell has been a successful postseason player. He brings size, a good wrister, and the willingness to work in the tough areas that is needed on the Hawks. People want to look at the last regular season. He missed time with an injury and played on the 3rd line for large chunks of the season which contributes to his lack of points. Plus, he simply does not play the same game in the regular season as he does in the playoffs. There was a game in March against St Louis where he was an absolute monster. He did not play like that again till the playoffs.

In terms of Sharp, I have been advocating his trade for a while for a 2nd line center. I keep getting in debates with people that wouldn't trade him for Thornton and it just boggles my mind. Since Q won't play Sharp at C, he is playing a position that can be covered within the Hawks system. Plus, he turns 33 in December and the wheels are the first thing to go. Thornton and Sharp will have similar production the next 3 years IMO while Thornton plays the position the Hawks need to fill. And it also gives TT time to develop on the 3rd line. I don't know if a Thornton/Sharp works for SJ but I would be all over it if I were the Hawks brass.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

I was thinking Marleau for Sharp swap. That makes more sense to me.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak