Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marchand

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reports are coming in confirming this was, in fact, karma. Karma has received a four-game suspension.

No need to debate that any further, I suppose.

Dobber Sports Pro

Way to many games, big dive by Marchand he was barely touched.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Ninja

Didn't watch the replay closely enough to see if Marchand embellished it, but that was most certainly a vicious elbow from Volchenkov.

Dobber Sports Ninja

How long is Marchand out for, and who gets his spot on the top line? Please tell me it's Lucic!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    How long is Marchand out for, and who gets his spot on the top line? Please tell me it's Lucic!
    I need Seguin to get moved up from the third line! 14 minutes of ice time last game! WTF Boston!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I need Seguin to get moved up from the third line! 14 minutes of ice time last game! WTF Boston!
    I second this....and they say Seguin is their future. Kinda looking like the kessel deal was more even than first thought.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Perfect situation for Seguin to step up to the 1st line and prove that he belongs..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665380

"Brad has been diagnosed with a mild concussion. We will provide an update on his status when appropriate."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Or reason at all. Where did anyone say anything about being happy?
    I'll say it. I'm happy Marchand got a concussion. I wish it wasn't just a mild one. Goddamn rat. The only player I can remember being happier that he got injured is Chris Pronger.

Dirty punk players that get what's coming to them should not get sympathy. They should be laughed at.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'll say it. I'm happy Marchand got a concussion. I wish it wasn't just a mild one. Goddamn rat. The only player I can remember being happier that he got injured is Chris Pronger.

Dirty punk players that get what's coming to them should not get sympathy. They should be laughed at.
    I don't know if I dislike Marchand enough to agree, but I do agree 100% with this attitude. I don't feel bad for bad people, and to the softies - keep it in perspective. Its a concussion. I've had a couple, and it's generally not that big of a deal. He's not dead or dying, and he's making millions of dollars.

As for the comment before disagreeing with me that he is a disgrace to the game. Maybe it was a slight exaggeration, but his diving garbage (I know he's far from being the only one) is undeniably disgraceful to hockey.

In countless arguments with Europeans and other forms of soccer fans, my best argument in favor of hockey as the worlds best sport was that is was played by men. Not divers and cry babies who slide around trying to get attention and penalties.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post

So much anger... I really don't understand what would cause someone to wish serious injury on another individual in a sport that we watch for entertainment.

Did Pronger and Marchand kick your dog or something? Seriously man, I get worked up over hockey too, but you may want to look into professional help if it's causing you to wish physical harm on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I don't know if I dislike Marchand enough to agree, but I do agree 100% with this attitude. I don't feel bad for bad people, and to the softies - keep it in perspective. Its a concussion. I've had a couple, and it's generally not that big of a deal. He's not dead or dying, and he's making millions of dollars.

As for the comment before disagreeing with me that he is a disgrace to the game. Maybe it was a slight exaggeration, but his diving garbage (I know he's far from being the only one) is undeniably disgraceful to hockey.

In countless arguments with Europeans and other forms of soccer fans, my best argument in favor of hockey as the worlds best sport was that is was played by men. Not divers and cry babies who slide around trying to get attention and penalties.
    Tell Marc Savard that a concussion is not a big deal. Or Eric Lindros, or Pat Lafontaine or any of the countless other pro athletes who have had their careers cut short by concussions.

Of course, maybe it's the couple of concussions you've had that make you fail to recognize the idiocy in that comment, in which case I apologize.

As far as the diving goes though, you are right. It is a disgraceful practice and needs to be taken out of the game.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Okay, Dr. Phil. Whatever you say. What goes around comes around. That simple. Has nothing to do with anger. Just actions and reactions.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

What goes around comes around, Marchand. Sami Salo is laughing somewhere.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    What goes around comes around, Marchand. Sami Salo is laughing somewhere.
    Wow, people are all riled up in here!!! How long do people se Marchand being out with a "mild" concussion? If it's going to be more than a couple more games, I will likely drop him as I'm in a tight roto race.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon