Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: This Twitter Ticker...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default This Twitter Ticker...

Get rid of this goddam thing, anytime I sign in this place I am forced to eavesdrop on nonsense that I can really give two shits about yet must witness every single post for the duration I am using the forum. Simple Minimize button to where that section folds up would make the world of difference to myself and i'm sure plenty of other people. Advertisements that roll across half the screen when my mouse inadvertently goes over it are a necessary evil so this is fine and I understand, this ticker bullshit I should not be forced to be subjected to however. Do something about this thing once and for all to where it at least can be minimized for those who do not want to be subjected to it.

Dobber Sports Sage

I love the twitter ticker. Nicely tucked away in the corner where I get to choose whether or not I look at it. Where's yours located empty319?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    I love the twitter ticker. Nicely tucked away in the corner where I get to choose whether or not I look at it. Where's yours located empty319?
    wtf is "empty319", yes I understand MT improperly pronounced can sound like "empty", but what is that poor attempt at humor and/or insult even supposed to mean on it's absolute best day with a dumbed down audience.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    wtf is "empty319", yes I understand MT improperly pronounced can sound like "empty", but what is that poor attempt at humor and/or insult even supposed to mean on it's absolute best day with a dumbed down audience.
    Please escooz. Carry on, friend.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Stud

How is it forced on you? It's tucked neatly onto one side and doesn't blink or scream for attention like the ads do...
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Banned

if you had half a brain and took even a moment to research it you'd already have a plugin installed to block whatever nefarious content you find offensive.

gee it really sucks having a site with top notch free fantasy advice and have to endure a few ads and a twitter feed: First World Problems

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    How is it forced on you? It's tucked neatly onto one side and doesn't blink or scream for attention like the ads do...
    Everytime I switch a screen the fcking thing pops up with new bullshit. I don't give a shit what Aaron Rodgers did why can't a simple courtesy like a minimize menu be put on the feature.

Dobber Sports Master

Hey man, I completely empathize with your situation. Similar to a video playlist on TSN or "recommended for you" on YouTube, the twitter ticker isn't ideal for every member here. I know you don't love twitter, so hearing ramblings or thoughts from people at Dobberhockey might not be something you want to be a part of.

That being said, the ticker is incredibly useful to the majority of the people on this site at one point or another. I can't even name the amount of times that the twitter ticker has made searching for any injuries or news 1000 times easier. Instead of searching the large forums, I can scroll down on the ticker and quickly see if Hemsky twisted his ankle, or Avery gets recalled from the AHL. Hell, even today the ticker informed me of the Ducks getting Hagman! It's a nice addition, and is a valuable tool.

However, nobody is forcing you to read, or even acknowledge the ticker. Setting up an option to make it visible/customizable is just unnecessary work for Dobbs and Angus, who have tons to do on the site. The ticker isn't sticking out or in the way of getting to the forums. It could be a nuisance for you, but just try and live with it, it's not a huge deal

If it's seriously bothering you, talk to Angus via email. There's no need to make this a huge controversy that could turn ugly.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

Boom mid-post Packers comment and he's a die hard leaf fan, awesome..thank you "RossyYoungblood".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No one cares about what you say either MT, half your posts are bitching about people but you don't see people creating useless threads about it.

How about you try www.dobberhockey.com/forums if you don't want to see the twitter feed.

What a joke

Dobber Sports Master

There. Problem solved.

It's not a big deal, and don't attack anyone on the site dude. Not needed.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Hey man, I completely empathize with your situation. Similar to a video playlist on TSN or "recommended for you" on YouTube, the twitter ticker isn't ideal for every member here. I know you don't love twitter, so hearing ramblings or thoughts from people at Dobberhockey might not be something you want to be a part of.

That being said, the ticker is incredibly useful to the majority of the people on this site at one point or another. I can't even name the amount of times that the twitter ticker has made searching for any injuries or news 1000 times easier. Instead of searching the large forums, I can scroll down on the ticker and quickly see if Hemsky twisted his ankle, or Avery gets recalled from the AHL. Hell, even today the ticker informed me of the Ducks getting Hagman! It's a nice addition, and is a valuable tool.

However, nobody is forcing you to read, or even acknowledge the ticker. Setting up an option to make it visible/customizable is just unnecessary work for Dobbs and Angus, who have tons to do on the site. The ticker isn't sticking out or in the way of getting to the forums. It could be a nuisance for you, but just try and live with it, it's not a huge deal

If it's seriously bothering you, talk to Angus via email. There's no need to make this a huge controversy that could turn ugly.
    I should be able to opt out voluntarily if I wish since I choose to comment on hockey oriented things in the forum. I don't like being forced to have to associate with people and that's what this is to me. there is a block option on the forum, I have to click on the articles to read them and on my end just automatically go direct to the forum by passing that entire page to begin with, but now I am forced to be subjected to this nonsense anytime I switch a screen without the capacity to opt of if I wish. Its like sitting in a room and being forced to listen to every statement they make when I am not interested and then taking my capacity to opt out by not even offering a minimize feature. C'mon man, without joking it is legitimately enough to where I certainly would think twice about participating at all in the forum in the future just so I don't have to be forced to be subjected to that stupid ticker at all times when using the site. It's a simple courtesy that I should at least have the capacity to minimize it, just like how I can use the site and write in the forum, but am not "forced" to be subjected to the articles if I choose not to click on them.

It's a simple courtesy man, you don't see me complain when I get taken involuntarily to some random site via a drop down advertisement that takes up half the page out of nowhere should my mouse cursor accidentally go over it as this is how he supports himself via advertising, fine I understand. "Aaron Rodgers", "How many islanders were at a restaurant last night", and what someone ate for lunch I don't care about though and should be able to opt out of if I choose to.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    No one cares about what you say either MT, half your posts are bitching about people but you don't see people creating useless threads about it.

How about you try www.dobberhockey.com/forums if you don't want to see the twitter feed.

What a joke
    Oh is that right? Alright watch this one bud.

Ps: Best of luck with Dubinsky to both you and McGoo.

Dobber Sports Master

You don't pay to use this site. Nobody is forcing you to visit this site. Most of all, nobody is begging for your presence on this site. Due to those three factors (that nobody here but a select few even have 1), you nor I have any right to demand any changes to the home screen.

Banned

C'mon man, without joking it is legitimately enough to where I certainly would think twice about participating at all in the forum in the future just so I don't have to be forced to be subjected to that stupid ticker at all times when using the site.
    then don't participate dude, NO ONE WILL ****ING CARE!