Thread: Which to drop?

Banned

Default Which to drop?

I need to drop a couple prospects. Who from the following list would you drop (either because of lack of talent or lack of NHL readiness)?

Colborne
    Leblanc
    Girgensons
    Blum
    Loktionov
    Perreault
    Tangradi
    Teravanien
    Dumba
    Markstrom
    Poulin

Dobber Sports Guru

Definitely do NOT drop Markstrom, Teravainen or Dumba. Those are all stud prospects.

I'd also be hanging onto Poulin who'll battle with Nilsson for the goalie of the future spot for the Islanders. Girgensons has a solid multi-cat upside but there's a good chance he'll end up a 3rd liner. Still I'd keep him. Tangradi will get his shot this year so now is not the time to drop him if you've kept him this long. By the end of the season you should know what you have in him. Colborne is still a solid prospect so keep him too. Blum can be a solid D-man still so you may as well keep him too. I'd keep Leblanc too if you only need to drop two guys.

So the drops would be Loktionov and Perreault. Lokti doesn't seem to get his shot in LA. He needs to get traded to become worthy of a spot. If you need to make room now I'd drop him. Never been much of a Perreault fan and don't see a top-6'er in him. Drop him too.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My two cents

Loktionov - lack of opportunity may have him set sail for the motherland

Colborne - not sure if he has a future in Toronto now that Burke is gone. Really question if he has what it takes to stay in the NHL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Definitely do NOT drop Markstrom, Teravainen or Dumba. Those are all stud prospects.
    yeah, I shouldn't even have put em on the list since I have no intention of dropping them, I just cut and paste from Excel quickly before I went to work this morning

You make some good points man, thanks for the input!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    My two cents

Loktionov - lack of opportunity may have him set sail for the motherland

Colborne - not sure if he has a future in Toronto now that Burke is gone. Really question if he has what it takes to stay in the NHL.
    Colborne, really? The Leafs aren't exactly swimming in forward depth (though center has gotten crowded) and a power forward type like Colborne would seem like a good fit for them. I agree he's had some struggles and needs development but I dunno if I could drop that kind of potential

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Colborne, really? The Leafs aren't exactly swimming in forward depth (though center has gotten crowded) and a power forward type like Colborne would seem like a good fit for them. I agree he's had some struggles and needs development but I dunno if I could drop that kind of potential
    It came down to him and Perreault. Perrault has carved himself a nice little niche in Washington and with an offensive coach he could put up some impressive stats this year. Playing 12 mins a game he put up 30 points in 65 games which in my mind is pretty damn good.

Nothing against Colborne as I think he was a pretty solid prospect and has a better pedigree than Perreault. Maybe he is at a crossroads where he needs to put it together but he has simply disappointed this year and has been wildly inconsistent. I'm not sure when he is gonna make an impact in the NHL if ever, but I know it will be below the expectations once held by others and myself.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If he can't crack Toronto, where do you expect him to flourish.

Drop Colborne, or dish him to some leaf fanboy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlender View Post
    If he can't crack Toronto, where do you expect him to flourish.

Drop Colborne, or dish him to some leaf fanboy.
    fair enough, but you can't tell me he's had a proper chance yet...10 games last year, averaging 12-13 mins of ice time, and he still got 5 pts. I think its way too premature to give up on him

Dobber Sports Stud

fair enough, but you can't tell me he's had a proper chance yet...10 games last year, averaging 12-13 mins of ice time, and he still got 5 pts. I think its way too premature to give up on him
    I concur but I am starting to lose faith. I'll give him till the end of the year and make a final decision. I have him in the same category as Tangradi...put up or shut up..final year!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I need to drop a couple prospects. Who from the following list would you drop (either because of lack of talent or lack of NHL readiness)?
    Perreault
    Tangradi

I would consider expendable for the reason's you sited.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm considering bringing Colborne up from my farm to help my tank this year, that's how far from favor he's fallen in my books. This year he's just stunk. Him and Kadri were both given benching ultimatums, Kadri took the hint, Colborne has regressed further.

As others said, if Tangradi sticks you can't drop him now ( I am in same boat)

I'd probably drop Loktionov because of the logjam at C in LA. The thing that sucks is how long he's stuck in out in NA. I feel like he really has the drive and wants to play in the NHL, just no opportunity really. I think he's going to get a few games due to an injury, but I dunno that its going to help his cause with the Kings.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would be dropping Perreault and Blum.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."