Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2012/13

The Wolverine

Default Rocky Horror Roto Show 2012/13

It's back - the second year of the Rocky Horror Roto Show. We have ten returnees, and with a league expansion there are four newbies who are eager to the challenge.

Before listing the crew, here are the settings this season:

Yahoo, one-year roto, daily lineups
    No max moves/82 games max per position
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FOW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    3C,3L,3R,5D,2G,5BN,2IR

Live draft on Sunday, September 30th at 3pm EST. We have decided to pre-determine the draft order by using a randomiser, so here are this year's challengers in the order they are snake drafting (team name so far in parentheses):

1. Gotlaid (Maaaaa-chete)
    2. dyzfunctioned (name TBD) - DEFENDING CHAMP
    3. temek (Recchident Evil)
    4. kluu (Phaneufenstein)
    5. Nehithaw (Nightmare on Helm St)
    6. Pengwin7 (name TBD)
    7. dmvincent (A Twin Killing)
    8. NoWayOut (Hillers Have Eyes)
    9. horrorfan (Ville of the Damned)
    10. Shoeless (A.Niityville Horrors)
    11. Chili Con Carne (Oglethorpe)
    12. 4T2 (House of 1000 Orpiks)
    13. smack (Briere Witch Project)
    14. Jammin1390 (Army of Subbans)

I look forward to using this thread as a basis of many discussions. We'll post the draft results for all to praise and ridicule. However, main league issues are to remain on the league board.

All we need now is hockey to return!
    Last edited by horrorfan; February 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm actually pretty fond of draft spot #6.
    5 forwards & 2 goalies are really attractive to me at the top of the draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

Looking forward to the draft as I am trying to educate myself on the whole roto pool. I joined a league as an expansion team and really sucked, really improved in year 2, now I am looking for some clues to making the leap to win some $$$ in year 3.

Going to compare this draft to my ranking and see if I am even close.

Hey Dyz, how about "The Shinnying" as a team name?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm actually pretty fond of draft spot #6.
    5 forwards & 2 goalies are really attractive to me at the top of the draft.
    Yeah I think six is a good spot as you'll have one of the first choices of those after the top 4/5 (assuming those are picked). Pick nine is interesting but will need multiple strategy options given the likely players available and who gets chosen above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Hey Dyz, how about "The Shinnying" as a team name?
    He was Silence of the Stams last season but he hasn't signed up yet due to be away so not sure if he'll keep or change it.

Dobber Sports Ace

I like the 5th spot. I'll take whichever 'scraps' the top 4 want to leave me with.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm just stoked to get back to my favorite style of fantasy league, good old rotisserie. Head to head is ok, but roto is hands down the best.

And in spite of the impression my quoting the lyrics from stuck in the middle might have given I couldn't ask for a better spot in the draft.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    I like the 5th spot. I'll take whichever 'scraps' the top 4 want to leave me with.
    Yeah I agree it's a good spot this year in terms of the first round as it does likely make your decision a bit easier on whom to take. It'll be interesting to see who's taken in between your first and second picks though - I find the last half of the first and first half of the second to be a mixed bag with tons of options depending on our preferences/strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I'm just stoked to get back to my favorite style of fantasy league, good old rotisserie. Head to head is ok, but roto is hands down the best.

And in spite of the impression my quoting the lyrics from stuck in the middle might have given I couldn't ask for a better spot in the draft.
    Good to have you on board and hope you enjoy it. Roto is my favourite as well and if last year is anything to go by, it'll be another great challenge.

Mid round isn't too bad as it spreads out the picks quite evenly, so sometimes that can help with narrowing down strategies as the rounds progress. And you're just before me to start - I'll be keeping a close eye on you.
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 22, 2012 at 6:22 AM.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Silence of the stams worked great last year because I had stamkos (or at least I think I did? Haha). Probably won't pick a team name until post-draft if that's cool.

As I said before I'm not a fan of the #2 slot and I'm certainly not looking forward to having Ryan pick twice in a row between each of my picks. Definitely anticipating my list taking a beating from him.

Roto isn't really my thing (prefer h2h) but its a great group of guys and I have a title to defend

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Silence of the stams worked great last year because I had stamkos (or at least I think I did? Haha). Probably won't pick a team name until post-draft if that's cool.

As I said before I'm not a fan of the #2 slot and I'm certainly not looking forward to having Ryan pick twice in a row between each of my picks. Definitely anticipating my list taking a beating from him.

Roto isn't really my thing (prefer h2h) but its a great group of guys and I have a title to defend
    That's cool - Pengwin is waiting post-draft to choose his name as well. Who knows - you may end up with Stamkos given your draft slot. Should be interesting to see how people draft since we know in advance.

Let me know when you sign up so I can finalise the teams and set up the draft order. I can send the details if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    That's cool - Pengwin is waiting post-draft to choose his name as well. Who knows - you may end up with Stamkos given your draft slot. Should be interesting to see how people draft since we know in advance.

Let me know when you sign up so I can finalise the teams and set up the draft order. I can send the details if you need it.
    Can you send me another invite or whatever? No clue where it is amongst my hordes of unread emails.

Nvm, think i just found it. should be registered.

edit: invite expired, need new one

The Wolverine

Nvm, think i just found it. should be registered.

edit: invite expired, need new one
    Cool - that's the league full. I'll close it and put in the draft order soon.

Cool - that's the league full. I'll close it and put in the draft order soon.
    Am i registered? I tried then it said expired invite.

The Wolverine

Am i registered? I tried then it said expired invite.
    Yep you're in. Must have been a glitch.

Yep you're in. Must have been a glitch.
    Weird. Mystery is already working in my favor I see.