Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World Juniors Championship Pool

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default World Juniors Championship Pool

Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome to the IIHF Under 20 2012 pool. This is the fifth year that pool has been run here.

PAST WINNERS:
    First off, credit to the past winners.
    2008: miked (out of 8 or 9 entries - it was a last minute thing)
    2009: ultrawhiteness (out of 28 entries)
    2010: watchingthegame (out of 28 entries)
    2011: metaldude26 (out of 20 entries)

I also want to credit dobber user ‘nights’ for helping with the in tournament stat tracking last year. There is no Yahoo or ESPN pool so to update stats requires good old fashion manual entry. Nights has offered again this year so thanks again.

SCORING:
    Points only for skaters
    Goalies Wins = 2, OLT = 1, SO = +2
    The only points that count are those in games that lead to a medal (round robin and playoffs). This does include the bronze medal game. Relegation round or 5th-6th seeding games are NOT included.

ROSTER
    12 forwards, 6 d-men, 2 goalies + 1 captain (total 21 players)
    Only 5 players from any one nation (including all positions and captain) so you can’t load up on one or two nations.

The position of 'Captain' was introduced a few year ago to further enhance the diversity of the picks. So I have selected six highly regarded players in tournament and you can only pick one (they are not available for the other forwards positions). This year the 6 captain are:
    SCHWARTZ Jaden CAN
    CONNOLLY Brett CAN
    GRANLUND Mikael FIN
    KUZNETSOV Yevgeni RUS
    ZIBANEJAD Mika SWE
    ETEM Emerson USA

PRIZE
    Respect and bragging rights. Other participants might give you reputation points or write a song in your honour.

HOW TO ENTER
    In the attached in the next post is a .zip file in which I have put a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. From here you can use the pull-down menus to pick you team. The spreadsheet counts the number of players from each nation. Once you have selected your 21 players save the excel file with your username and email it to me. My email is reeveta at gmail dot com. Please put 'World Junior Pool' in the title so it will be easy to spot in case your email gets caught as spam.

If you don't have Microsoft Excel your other option is to email me with the names (lastname firstname) of you entry in a list. The names must be spelled exactly as found on the roster from http://www.iihf.com/channels1112/wm20/statistics.html . This make it possible for me to cut and paste into excel. Be sure to count the number of players you have from each nation.
    If you don’t have email and want to PM me please also make sure the full name is spelled correctly. Names I don’t understand may be mistake for depth players on Team Denmark.

The deadline is before the drop of the puck for the first game (December 26 @ 1:30 pm local time in Edmonton).

CHANGES
    Last year a few people wanted to change their entries after they made them but before the deadline. This is not a big deal but it is something I would like to minimize because it is work for me and opens it up for me to make a mistake. The best plan is to wait until closer to the start of the tournament to make your entry. However, if you HAVE to change it I will accept it up until the deadline.

NOTES AND DISCLAIMER
    I have done the best I can to get the up-to-date rosters but these rosters are pre-cuts for some teams and there may be errors. I take no responsibility for you picking players that don't play.

If player is not on the pull down list but should be, add him in the 'write in' section. There shouldn't be many but if there are I am sorry.

I am posting this December 16 at 10 pm pacific time so it couldn't hurt to check back in a day or two in case someone finds a mistake. Updates will be posted here.

SPREAD THE WORD
    Please feel free to spread the word around the format about this free challenge. I know I often don’t look down here so if it is mentioned in other sections more people may find it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

DONT USE THIS FILE!!!

Revised Entry form on second page of this forum. Small error on team counting fixed. Sorry for the confusion.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by reeveta; December 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM.

Administrator

I'm ready to defend my title. Bring it on bitches!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yesssssssssssss. This is part excitement and part "bump" so people find out about this.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Initiate

Has it always been this many players?

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Administrator

Just a heads up. The American players aren't showing up on the tallie for number of players per country.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nice, can't wait!

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm very excited I want a piece of the "Dude". I'm coming for your crown kid
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    Has it always been this many players?
    Third year of the exact same format. Before that it was a bit smaller.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Just a heads up. The American players aren't showing up on the tallie for number of players per country.
    Fixed and posted below.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Revised entry form (Dec 17 @ 2:30 PST)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dobber Sports Stud

Ahh, that time of the year again. I'll track this one again because I love having free time. Plus it adds to my prospect research if I force feed all those box scores :P

I'll send my entry in a few days (once the birthday goes and tomorrows exams are done).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Star

what kind of files opens the zipped?

oh its excel never mind
    Last edited by Ballsakic; December 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I noticed Ivan Telegin was listed as a Defence. He is a center I do believe.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just waiting to see if Huberdeau is good to go and I'll send this bad boy in.