Thread: Rb 2

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rb 2

Who should I start as my 2nd RB this week? If I lose this week my season is done. No pressure.

Forte vs SEA
    Bush vs SEA
    F Jackson vs JAC
    Reece vs CLE

I'm thinking about starting Forte. I know he's coming off an ankle injury but he did recover from it fairly quickly.

I'm also not convinced this matchup is as difficult as people make it out to be. According to this website in the last 5 weeks Seattle has not been impressive against the run at all. Sure one of those was AP (182 yds, 2 TD, 17 car, 10.7 ypc) going ape shit but they also let R Bush (87 yds, 1 TD, 14 car, 6.2 ypc) and Thomas (60 yds, 1 TD, 9 car, 6.6 ypc) walk all over them last week. Gore had 131 yds on 16 carries (8.2 ypc) with 5 receptions for 51 yds against them in week 7. LeShoure might have only had 46 yds in week 8 but he did only have 10 carries (4.6 ypc). I think the reason why their defense rose so high in the rankings is because they didn't face any good RB in the first 6 weeks of the season other than Murray and Ridley. The Cowboys were behind that entire game and didn't give the ball to Murray (44 yds, 12 car, 3.7 ypc) much and the Pats game was close most of the time so Brady was probably throwing a lot. Other than those two they faced: ARI, GB, STL and CAR. None of those teams had good RBs when they played the Seahawks. They also had an easy matchup against Shonne Greene (58 yds, 15 car, 3.8 ypc) in week 10 and 3.8 ypc is Greene's average this season. So 7 weeks were teams didn't challenge them with the run and 6 weeks where they faced RBs who had really good games against them (or good compared to their opportunity).

Also if you take into account how well they've done against the passing game this season (I'm not looking up all those stats but according to that website I listed earlier they have been tough against the pass in the past 5 weeks) then you'd have to figure that they will try to get Forte the ball a little more often.

I would have gone with Reece automatically if it hadn't been for McFadden coming back this week. I think McFadden isn't going to do anything in his return but I'm still concerned that Reece won't be given the opportunities even if McFadden is playing poorly.

League details in sig (Team 2).
    Last edited by letangerang58; December 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Wizard

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Who should I start as my 2nd RB this week? If I lose this week my season is done. No pressure.

Forte vs SEA
    Bush vs SEA
    F Jackson vs JAC
    Reece vs CLE

I'm thinking about starting Forte. I know he's coming off an ankle injury but he did recover from it fairly quickly.

I'm also not convinced this matchup is as difficult as people make it out to be. According to this website the last 5 weeks Seattle has not been impressive against the run at all. Sure one of those was AP (182 yds, 2 TD, 17 car, 10.7 ypc) going ape shit but they also let R Bush (87 yds, 1 TD, 14 car, 6.2 ypc) and Thomas (60 yds, 1 TD, 9 car, 6.6 ypc) walk all over them last week. Gore 131 yds on 16 carries (8.2 ypc) with 5 receptions for 51 yds against them in week 7. LeShoure might have only had 46 yds in week 8 but he did only have 10 carries (4.6 ypc). I think the reason why their defense rose so high in the rankings is because they didn't face any good RB in the first 6 weeks of the season other than Murray and Ridley. The Cowboys were behind that entire game and didn't give the ball to Murray (44 yds, 12 car, 3.7 ypc) much and the Pats game was close most of the time so Brady was probably throwing a lot. Other than those two they faced: ARI, GB, STL and CAR. None of those teams had good RBs when they played the Seahawks.

League details in sig (Team 2).
    There are too many question marks here. Reece is your best option. He'll get the most work this week. Don't deal with the Chi/Buff RB timeshares. This is not the week to get cute. GO REECE!!
    Last edited by One87; December 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anyone else?
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis