Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tarasenko or Drouin/MacKinnon?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Tarasenko or Drouin/MacKinnon?

If you could have one of the three, who do you choose?

Stats for my league are in my signature. I currenlty own Tarasenko but a team with the 2nd overall pick is heavily interested in Tarasenko. I believe I'd be able to get his first rounder for Tarasenko.

Do you keep Tarasenko, as he's got three years of development now?

Or do you make the deal and take Drouin or MacKinnon?

I've had conversations with the guy who holds the 1st overall pick, and I'm fairly certain he will take Jones, or perhaps Drouin.

But if he takes Drouin, who do you choose between Jones and MacKinnon? Or between Jones and Drouin if he takes MacKinnon?
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Well this is tricky, here's how I would venture:

1. Drouin - Filthy mitts and best hands in the draft. Will lineup next to Huberdeau or Stamkos in the near future. Insane fantasy upside IMO.

2. MacKinnon - Awesome all-around skills with high-end offensive upside. Might play 2nd fiddle to Stamkos in Tampa but will still get his.

3. Tarasenko - 35g/45a potential but Blues spread it out among their top 9 and Tarasenko has received a couple of concussions already, plays and gritty game and doesn't hide from the dirty areas.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Giant

id take any of the top 3 for taresenko. hes already had injuries and st.luois is not nearly as good as t-bay when it comes to having fantasy value in a forward.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd take Drouin/Mac over Tarasenko, but probably not Jones.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post

1. Drouin - Filthy mitts and best hands in the draft. Will lineup next to Huberdeau or Stamkos in the near future. Insane fantasy upside IMO.

2. MacKinnon - Awesome all-around skills with high-end offensive upside. Might play 2nd fiddle to Stamkos in Tampa but will still get his.

3. Tarasenko - 35g/45a potential but Blues spread it out among their top 9 and Tarasenko has received a couple of concussions already, plays and gritty game and doesn't hide from the dirty areas.
    Love this ranking, couldn't agree more.

Nice job, FC!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

I definitely make this trade. Tarasenko is a nice player but we're talking about cream of the crop picks here. No way I'd take Jones over either Drouin or Nate Mac.

Banned

One concussion for Tarasenko. Though, after the hit, he was never the same - way less grit and NO dirty areas... If he can regain his pre-concussion form and build on his 2-way game, the minutes will one day come - even in St. Louis. As mentioned, he's still not in the same class as the other two players (for fantasy purposes).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Excellent can't say better !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    One concussion for Tarasenko. Though, after the hit, he was never the same - way less grit and NO dirty areas... If he can regain his pre-concussion form and build on his 2-way game, the minutes will one day come - even in St. Louis. As mentioned, he's still not in the same class as the other two players (for fantasy purposes).
    He got crushed in the K as well as in the Worlds a couple years ago, when he got knocked into tomorrow.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

He got crushed in the K as well as in the Worlds a couple years ago, when he got knocked into tomorrow.
    Yeah, he's been hit hard a couple of times, but this winter in the KHL, they ruled out concussion and he only sat out one game as a precaution. Official word from the Blues was the concussion suffered in the NHL this season was first of his career. Who knows about the true history of concussions with any player... and does it really even matter.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Drouin
    Mackinnon
    Tarasenko

in that order.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another vote to take the pick.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I apologize if this may be hijacking the thread, but

Lets say hypothetically, if Yakupov and Huberdeau were in this upcoming draft as well, how would Droiun and MacKinnon compare with them (ignoring what Yakupov and Huberdeau have done so far)?

RETIRED

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post

Lets say hypothetically, if Yakupov and Huberdeau were in this upcoming draft as well, how would Droiun and MacKinnon compare with them (ignoring what Yakupov and Huberdeau have done so far)?
    Who cares! They are all going to be elite players. I'd be happy picking 4th and getting whoever is left over.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post

Hubs would definitely be at the bottom of the list but that's all I can say for certain. I'd prefer Drouin and Nate Mac over Yak but it's not a slam dunk.