Thread: Looking for a D pickup

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Looking for a D pickup

In a 7 person salary cap full keeper. Karlsson went down for me. Some of the options on the waiver wire to replace him:

Brenden Dillon.
    Philip Larsen.
    Jonas Brodin.
    Tyson Barrie.
    Cody Franson.
    Jonathan Blum.
    Roman Josi.

Looking for someone who can chip in offensively, plays regular PP time. Block shots, racks up decent PIM, good +/-. Dillon has intrigued me recently in Dallas as hes taken some top PP time, and is looking good defensively as well. Larsen hasnt been playing very well. Brodin plays a ton, and looks good, offense isnt quite there yet and doesnt play much PP. But i like Brodin as a prospect, and the offense will come. Barrie looked pretty good last few games. Franson is looking good but how will Gardiner returning affect his TOI/PP time etc. Nashville's D... well I dont really like them.

Who for the rest of this year, or next year? rank them?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Franson
    Barrie
    Josi
    Blum

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Dillon. He is on the top pairing and he is on the PP now as well. I really like his game, so he would be my choice.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyez52 View Post
    I like Dillon. He is on the top pairing and he is on the PP now as well. I really like his game, so he would be my choice.
    Just curious as I don't know much about him, but where do you see Dillon in a non-PIMs league? Any comparables out there that come to mind?

Edit: Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread. Was just surprised to see him chosen over some of the others listed, which spurred my follow-up question as I try to get a gauge on the guy.
    Last edited by dejeanneret; February 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith