Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest NHL offer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Smyl View Post
    isnt this the offer from the 28th?
    If i am not mistaken, there has been a few counters back and forth that are not yet public?
    I am honestly not sure but *think* it is one of the newer offers. However in either case, it seems really PA friendly. From what I can tell, the only substantial real bone of contention is what the 2013/14 cap will be.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

Red face Lockout

I am sick of the lockout and hope they settle.
    But I Fehr the season may be lost.
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...18577807761410

"From NHL player: "How they respond to our latest proposal will determine if we disclaim or not." Huge meeting tonight to say the least."

Sounds like tonights discussions could be a fun. Could really be a make or break night as this whole process goes forward, or doesn't.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    "From NHL player: "How they respond to our latest proposal will determine if we disclaim or not." Huge meeting tonight to say the least."

That is some strong arm negotiating tactics right there...

Dobber Sports Sage

Isn't expanding the playoffs to 20 teams a pure money grab for the owners since the players don't get paid for the playoffs?

.Do the players get anything for the playoffs?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Isn't expanding the playoffs to 20 teams a pure money grab for the owners since the players don't get paid for the playoffs?

.Do the players get anything for the playoffs?
    I don't think owners share playoff revenue...do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    That is some strong arm negotiating tactics right there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...18577807761410

Sounds like tonights discussions could be a fun. Could really be a make or break night as this whole process goes forward, or doesn't.
    So is this it? I mean, I knowthe ultimate date is the 11th. But for all intent and purpose, if the NHLPA disclaim tonight, that's pretty much it. Right?

That's not to say that if the NHLPA does NOT disclaim there will definitely be a shortened season. But I just don't see how the two sides recover, if the players disclaim tonight.

Am I off?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

That's all she wrote for the season if they disclaim. I dont see how the season is recoverable if that is how it goes down.

I also dont think that statement is true. There has been progress, real progress and the negotiations will be ongoing until the season is cancelled. The NHLPA will put off disbanding the PA until that happens. Its just a last ditch attempt at leverage.

""From NHL player:" = Don Fehr.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I don't think owners share playoff revenue...do they?

So is this it? I mean, I knowthe ultimate date is the 11th. But for all intent and purpose, if the NHLPA disclaim tonight, that's pretty much it. Right?

That's not to say that if the NHLPA does NOT disclaim there will definitely be a shortened season. But I just don't see how the two sides recover, if the players disclaim tonight.

Am I off?

They won't disclaim. BY the end of the evening, NHLPA will say they something to the tune of " in the ballpark" or on " the right track" to a deal, and will not disclaim. They've made huge strides in progress I am assuming.

Dobber Sports Star

Why is everyone so convinced they won't disclaim? The NBA players did, and 14 days later they had a deal. What circumstances exist there that don't here?

I think they won't, but I don't see why they "can't" and still pursue a CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Why is everyone so convinced they won't disclaim? The NBA players did, and 14 days later they had a deal. What circumstances exist there that don't here?

I think they won't, but I don't see why they "can't" and still pursue a CBA.
    I'm totally unfamiliar w/the NBA, but at what point in the lockout did the players disclaim?

Again, I know nothing of the NBA, but these NHL negotiations have been confrontational and somewhat hyperbolic from the get-go.

I tend to agree w/AW, if they disclaim tonight - after everything that's transpired heretofore - I just don't see how the respective egos get beyond such a tactic in time to save a 48 game season.

Could be wrong but....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Do the players get anything for the playoffs?
    Believe the Playoff Pool will increase from $6.5M to $13M, that is a significant increase.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Wizard

There is a decent chance they'll file for a disclaimer. At this point, it's a negotiation tool by Fehr and I don't put it past him to use it. If he doesn't get what he wants tonight, it's reasonable to think he'll go for the disclaimer. As hockeypoolgeek reminded us, it's what the NBA did last year and it produced good results for the players.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    There is a decent chance they'll file for a disclaimer. At this point, it's a negotiation tool by Fehr and I don't put it past him to use it. If he doesn't get what he wants tonight, it's reasonable to think he'll go for the disclaimer. As hockeypoolgeek reminded us, it's what the NBA did last year and it produced good results for the players.
    Even if he gets what he wants he could still use it as a ploy to get more later even if what he gains for players does not justify how long they sit out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pure speculation...

Last edited by One87; January 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

90 minutes before the disclaimer. The NHLPA will use it if they are not close to a deal.