Thread: Studs & Duds - Wednesday 2/6

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Studs & Duds - Wednesday 2/6

Yes...I didn't forget this week. Moral victory for bondon.... Hope you guys enjoy it. Then it'll be a real victory for bondon!

STUDS

1. He's too Fasth
    Get it? Fast-h? Fasth? Ha...I'm SO clever I should write for NHL.com. From what I've read it sounds like Viktor Fasth plays deep in his crease and relies on his quick movement, and he was putting it to good use on Wednesday. Fasth stopped all of the shots he faced against the Avs. This is really bad news for Hiller owners, as Fasth has now started two in a row and will likely see number three in Dallas on Friday.

2. Segue-in to the top line
    (Quiet sentium, I'm sacrificing spelling for amusement. Deal with it!) Claude Julien made a switch to the lineup moving Tyler Seguin to the top line and they delivered as they combined for five points in the third period to earn the W in Montreal. This was a welcome sight for Seguin owners as he has been, in large part, a disappointment so far.

3. Benn waiting for this...
    After a contract hold out and struggling with only one point in his first four games, Jamie Benn is back baby. Benn now has five points and six shots in his last two games and is making up for lost time.

DUDS

1. Semyawn Varlamov
    Three goals allowed on 20 shots. Ugly percentages. Typically a good play on home games according to the splits, Semyon Varlamov put up a clunker of a game. It's pretty easy to tell that the Avalanche are really hurting without Landeskog and O'Reilly in their lineup (D'uh..)

2. Paging Corey Perry...
    Psst...hey Mr. Perry, this probably isn't the way you want to play in your contract year eh? You name it, and Corey Perry ain't doin' it for your fantasy squad. Goals, points, shots, penalty minutes, powerplay points...Perry is having the lowest production pace in all of these stats over his past six seasons.

3. Montreal's minus-two crew
    While Markov and Plekanec both assisted on Montreal's only goal, they were also on the ice for both of the Bruins' third period goals along with Emelin, Gionta, and Bourque.

Stud & Dud

Didn't know whether to make PK Subban a stud or a dud tonight, so I stuck him right in between! Subban scored his first goal of the year on the powerplay, and ended with a good line of four penalty minutes and three blocks. Even though this is a fantasy hockey forum, I can't forgive PK for that stupid slashing penalty he took with his team down with under two minutes left. Stupid, stupid penalty. So congrats PK!...I think?

Quick Hits

- David Krejci has quietly put together nine points in nine games. The Czech forward has been a nice surprise so far for owners who expected a 60 point pace. Too bad the plastic surgery went awry though.

- Loui Eriksson has been off to a pretty bad start this year. He now has five points in 11 games He had four two-on-one opportunities tonight, where he either missed the net or had his pass intercepted. He has been snake-bitten, but what probably infuriates managers in multi-cat leagues even more is in his last six games, he has failed to register a shot on goal in four of them.

- Sam Gagner notched an assist and continues to lead the Oilers with 11 points in ten games. Who thought we'd be saying that 10 games into the season? Seriously?

- Wtf Taylor Hall?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Easy read, Bon. Yeah, Perry and Hall have been on my poop list for some time. Duchene is nipping at their heals.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Easy read, Bon. Yeah, Perry and Hall have been on my poop list for some time. Duchene is nipping at their heals.
    Haha, Hall has actually been good fantasy wise with 10 points in 10 games. What I was referring to was his decision to make a ridiculous through the legs shot attempt on an unprepared Kari Lehtonen all alone in front of the net LOL. Thought for sure he'd score there.

I'd also like to give a huge DUD to Alex Goligoski who managed to be a healthy scratch in favour or Aaron Rome.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hall will/should get picked apart for that bullsh*t. WIDE open in the slot to put his team up 3-2 and he tries THAT? This is the NHL. Respect the game. Plays like that is fuel for the fire for all of us who think the Oilers don't have the type of team that can make a playoff run.

Forwards
    Voracek------------Carter----------Simmonds
    E.Kane-------------Bergeron--------Stone
    Panik-----------Kuznestzov------Wenneberg
    Defense
    Karlsson-----Josi
    Byfuglien-----Werenski
    Goalie
    Rask
    Bobrovsky
    Vasilevsky

stats (12-team, 1-year H2H)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT
    2x Champion
    1st Place (122-45-20)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Haha, Hall has actually been good fantasy wise with 10 points in 10 games. What I was referring to was his decision to make a ridiculous through the legs shot attempt on an unprepared Kari Lehtonen all alone in front of the net LOL. Thought for sure he'd score there.

I'd also like to give a huge DUD to Alex Goligoski who managed to be a healthy scratch in favour or Aaron Rome.
    PPG is damn good, I know. Believe it or not, ai have high hopes for the kid and think he could be even better than 10pts, especially with the talent around him.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Doesn't Perry usually pick it up in the second half of his season? I wonder how it will factor in with a shortened season.

Is he slow out of the gate all season, picks it up midway or should be on a tear already?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

Another note I thought I would add (not that bondon didn't do a superb job ) ...

Teemu Freakin' Selanne picked up an assist and has 10 pts in 9 games - he turns 43 in July. The guy is just unbelievable.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Another note I thought I would add (not that bondon didn't do a superb job ) ...

Teemu Freakin' Selanne picked up an assist and has 10 pts in 9 games - he turns 43 in July. The guy is just unbelievable.

ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! (everybody say it with me!) ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR!

I just hope he decides before August this summer.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Ah great point, sorry didn't mean to shun your boy haha. BEAST.

Koivu is also doing so well...11 points in nine games. Who would have thought he'd be the better Koivu so far.

Dobber Sports Icon

Nice write up dude.

Seguin and Krejci have amazing chemistry together. I will be interested to see if Julien keeps playing them together. If Horton can click with Bergy and Marchand, then the Seguin/Krejci/Lucic line could be pretty productive.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is more like it from Seguin... 18 minutes, 2 points, utter domination

Hopefully the coach keeps that line together and continues giving them more ice-time.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice job!!
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good job bondon!
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....