Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roman Horak?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Roman Horak?

Does anybody have information on this guy? I just read the following from CBS.

"Roman Horak had as good a training camp and preseason as anyone and reaped the rewards. While he doesn't have any immediate fantasy value, he has immense potential and could be a great player a year or two down the line."

I don't know much about him and I'd like to know more. I will provide rep for analysis on this prospect. All I know is that he's made the Flames opening night roster, he's a centre and he's 20 years old. Any opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports All-Star

He's a goal shooting version of Backlund and plays very similar to MPS in EDM. Just be very cautious cause he plays centre. That's like the worst position to play in Calgary, behind: Backlund, Jokinen, Morrison, and Stajan. I hope they plan on using him the same way they intended with Byron as a wing, otherwise he's not going to get much minutes and get sent down to Abbotsford pretty quick. The Calgary top 6 is going to be pretty set with usual old slugs which is also never a good sign that he's with Calgary, unless there is a major fall with Backlund and Morrison.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Genius

Right now he is above Stajan on the depth chart. Morrison is injured so he look likes be the 3rd line center when the season starts. But with Sutter who knows, he may go back to Stajan and send Horak down to Abbottsford. Some are suggesting in Calgary that he is given a good hard look and making the team just because he was traded for Erixon. I hope thats not the case but who knows. He is a gut to keep an eye on but I dont think he will have much fantasy value this year anyways.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

He was one of the key pieces in the Erixon trade but that doesn't mean that he has been given an easier ride than any of the other players coming into camp. So far he has totally earned his spot on the opening night roster, jumping ahead of Byron, who a lot of people thought had a shot at stating the year with the big club.

The injury to Morrison has obviously helped his cause but he has earned the right to stay receiving regular praise for his play in pre season games. Whether he will stick around once Morrison is healthy will depend on how he and the other C perform in the first few games. Feaster is on record as saying that those players that perform the best will be given the opportunity to play, which in this case he seems true to his word.

I'm reading that at the moment he is expected to start as the #3C alongside Bourque and Moss.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Stud

Here's an excellent read on Horak including quotes from Sutter ( who incidentally has been quoted as saying he loves Horak which will go a long way in deciding his future )-

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Youngst...#ixzz1ZkpUJJgr

Personally I think he's the real deal but temper expectations till you see how the lineup shakes out once Morrisson returns.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Pro

Last game Horak had 3 minutes more ice time than Stajan. Ouch.
    Looks like 50% on draws to.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
    He was one of the key pieces in the Erixon trade but that doesn't mean that he has been given an easier ride than any of the other players coming into camp. So far he has totally earned his spot on the opening night roster, jumping ahead of Byron, who a lot of people thought had a shot at stating the year with the big club.

The injury to Morrison has obviously helped his cause but he has earned the right to stay receiving regular praise for his play in pre season games. Whether he will stick around once Morrison is healthy will depend on how he and the other C perform in the first few games. Feaster is on record as saying that those players that perform the best will be given the opportunity to play, which in this case he seems true to his word.

I'm reading that at the moment he is expected to start as the #3C alongside Bourque and Moss.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Here's an excellent read on Horak including quotes from Sutter ( who incidentally has been quoted as saying he loves Horak which will go a long way in deciding his future )-

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Youngst...#ixzz1ZkpUJJgr

Personally I think he's the real deal but temper expectations till you see how the lineup shakes out once Morrisson returns.
    I'll give it a read, thanks for that.

Dobber Sports Stud

A couple more points last night giving him 5 in 7 games (and a +3) - not bad! Rotoworld had some nice quotes from his teammates yesterday. Looking up for him at the moment.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    A couple more points last night giving him 5 in 7 games (and a +3) - not bad! Rotoworld had some nice quotes from his teammates yesterday. Looking up for him at the moment.
    Ice time is has climbed too to last couple games.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Picked this guy up for this week in my one-year as a temporary replacement until Hemsky comes off the IR...figured Calgary plays four games and Horak's play has been very solid and the effort he's putting in is winning over the team/his coach.

I chose him over B-Mo though who is the slated C between Tanguay and Iginla. Really hope I don't come to regret that decision.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Picked this guy up for this week in my one-year as a temporary replacement until Hemsky comes off the IR...figured Calgary plays four games and Horak's play has been very solid and the effort he's putting in is winning over the team/his coach.
    I did the exact same, except I dropped Hudler for him. And what do ya know, Hudler's a healthy scratch for Nyquist tonight.

What's even better is that Calgary plays four times between Tuesday and Sunday!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I kind of wish Jason had released his article yesterday lol, reading that doesn't give me much hope for Horak for this short term play. Oh well, never know what can happen in four games. I'm hoping that he can play well enough that they can't deny possibly moving him up the depth chart...at least for the next four games haha.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Calgary lacks depth at centre and at left wing, I think Horak will have an opportunity to produce all year.

Dobber Sports Guru

BUMP.

10 goals in 9 games to start the season in AHL. Really clicking with Bartschi. I wonder if he's got more offensive upside than I thought he had in him. Certainly looking that way right now but it's still early in the season and it's only AHL-games. Still guess I should have hold onto him rather than move him for mid-round pick just to gain a free roster spot.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    BUMP.

10 goals in 9 games to start the season in AHL. Really clicking with Bartschi. I wonder if he's got more offensive upside than I thought he had in him. Certainly looking that way right now but it's still early in the season and it's only AHL-games. Still guess I should have hold onto him rather than move him for mid-round pick just to gain a free roster spot.
    Tell me about it, I left him exposed in our entry draft and some astute prick snagged him from me. At least I still have Bowman