Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Conference Thoughts

The Great One

To me it comes down to how impressive the teams are when I watch them play. However, Ottawa and Toronto hav impressed me quite a bit, yet I still can't take them seriously. Otherwise, the Rangers, Flyers, Devils, Canes, and most of the teams I've watched in the East this year just seem to be scrambling, don't have much of an identity, and are really struggling to string together some quality hockey games.

When I watch many of the teams in the West, they just seem to have their act together. I just honestly don't see any of the teams in the East (outside of Pittsburgh and Boston) having a chance against any of the top teams in the West, but this surely is a subjective, gut feeling I have. It isn't so much based on point totals in the standings.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You bumped it last on Feb.18th.
    Solid job keeping everybody engaged.
    Every time I see someone have a pissing match on the forum and I'm not involved, I just smile, even if they just do it for kicks
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    No one should be writing off the Rangers yet. There's a reason why they were one of the Cup favorites heading into the season. They will be dangerous opponent for anyone in the playoffs (they will make it in).
    Have you even watched them play? Please inform us why they will be so dangerous. They barely got past the 8th seed last year when they were actually a good team.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Have you even watched them play? Please inform us why they will be so dangerous. They barely got past the 8th seed last year when they were actually a good team.
    I'm the biggest Rangers hater out there but they've got talent, LA barley slipped into the playoffs last season and were extremely unimpressive during the regular season.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I've only seen 5 or 6 games from them. What does it matter though? They have the best goalie in the world. They play a good defensive game (4th best GA/G). They have a very good 1st line. Nash has been a beast for them. If Richards elevates his game to the level he can play, they have two very good lines. They have some holes in the lineup but so does every other team in the league and those can be addressed at the trade deadline. Rangers have a lot of talent in their lineup and if they get hot, they're a hard team to beat. As said above, Kings were equally unimpressive for most of regular season last year and still won the Cup so it doesn't matter how they've played to this point. All it matters how they play come playoff time and they have the talent level to be a very tough team to beat. Still a top-3 team in East in my books.

Please inform why they won't be a dangerous team. Because they 'barely' got past Ottawa last year?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw