Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Benning wasn't inexperienced. He had tons of experience as an Asst GM. Green isn't inexperienced. He's one of the more desirable, up and coming coaches out there after success coaching in the AHL. Just because they didn't have NHL experience in their fields doesn't exactly mean they are "inexperienced". Linden was inexperienced; I'll give him that.

Now if they were to call me up to go coach or become a GM, that's inexperienced.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Who cares? I feel sorry for Green. He will have 2 maybe 3 seasons and then get skidded. Even if the kids show improvements a losing record in a Vancouver market always requires a sacrificial lamb. Eventually when were ready to compete for a playoff spot they will hire the next coach, probably with a high level of NHL success similar to what Edmonton did and we will be off to the races. This is a stop gap. Similar to Edmonton for years, next year will be better we have a high pick and a new coach
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

IMO... for next season to be considered a success for the 'Nucks -

1. Don't predict playoff for this team.
    2. Horvat becomes captain and takes over #1C duties ?breaking 60pts would be the cherry
    3. Baertche ? 25-25 and continues to improve his 2-way game
    4.Tanev plays 65+ games
    5. They find a way to trade Edler
    6. Eriksson gets comfortable and no longer looks like a bust50pts needed to do so (IMO)
    7. Sedins re-sign for significantly less money and accept adiminished role (they aren?t leaving, let?s not pretend they are. Linden wasplaying when they were drafted)
    8. Boeser has a successful 1st season ? 40+pts 20goals.
    9. Juolevi transitions to AHL smoothly and has a solidimpact there ? fans accept he will take time and get over Tkachuk.
    10. Virtanen makes the jump mid-season back to NHL and has amodestly productive season 10-15 ? 25pts
    11. Demko dominates the AHL
    12. Stecher creeps up on 40pts QBing the PP
    13. Markstrom holds the fort.
    14. Goldie - shows signs of becoming an offensive force
    15. Management doesn't sign any vets to big contracts this summer

Even with everything here going right, they're still a bottom 5 team. 17/18 will be a good draft year to suck.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    IMO... for next season to be considered a success for the 'Nucks -

1. Don't predict playoff for this team.
    2. Horvat becomes captain and takes over #1C duties ?breaking 60pts would be the cherry
    3. Baertche ? 25-25 and continues to improve his 2-way game
    4.Tanev plays 65+ games
    5. They find a way to trade Edler
    6. Eriksson gets comfortable and no longer looks like a bust50pts needed to do so (IMO)
    7. Sedins re-sign for significantly less money and accept adiminished role (they aren?t leaving, let?s not pretend they are. Linden wasplaying when they were drafted)
    8. Boeser has a successful 1st season ? 40+pts 20goals.
    9. Juolevi transitions to AHL smoothly and has a solidimpact there ? fans accept he will take time and get over Tkachuk.
    10. Virtanen makes the jump mid-season back to NHL and has amodestly productive season 10-15 ? 25pts
    11. Demko dominates the AHL
    12. Stecher creeps up on 40pts QBing the PP
    13. Markstrom holds the fort.
    14. Goldie - shows signs of becoming an offensive force
    15. Management doesn't sign any vets to big contracts this summer

Even with everything here going right, they're still a bottom 5 team. 17/18 will be a good draft year to suck.
    Being a Canucks fan I agree with pretty well everything you said.

- - - Updated - - -

One minor thing would be a good showing from whoever we draft this year. If its 1st or 2nd I want Nico or Nolan to come in right away and look competent 30+ points 2nd/3rd line duties. If we pick higher just for the draft pick to look like he's progressing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Being a Canucks fan I agree with pretty well everything you said.

- - - Updated - - -

One minor thing would be a good showing from whoever we draft this year. If its 1st or 2nd I want Nico or Nolan to come in right away and look competent 30+ points 2nd/3rd line duties. If we pick higher just for the draft pick to look like he's progressing.

for the players sake... I hope they send him back to Jr. - TANK FOR DAHLIN

Dobber Sports Genius

for the players sake... I hope they send him back to Jr. - TANK FOR DAHLIN
    Do you think Dahlin is going to be that good? I know it's hard to predict with a magic 8 ball but are we talking Ekblad immediate impact or Eric Johnson 1st overall D? Defence are tough to predict.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Four-year contract for Green. Who's willing to bet that Green will outlast the current management team (Linden/Benning)? Or at least Benning?
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Jedi

Do you think Dahlin is going to be that good? I know it's hard to predict with a magic 8 ball but are we talking Ekblad immediate impact or Eric Johnson 1st overall D? Defence are tough to predict.
    Early indications are he's got an ELITE offensive skill set(constant Karlsson comparisons). I think it's even harder to tell with Dmen what they'll project once they reach the NHL - just look at Bouwmeester. So I take those with a bit of salt

My main thought for sending Hischer/Patrick back down (if they get a top 2) isto avoid the hot mess that will be the Canucks next year. Protect them fromnext season. Let the team sort out its direction for another year, bring theminto a more set environment. It rarely hurts a player to get an extra year ofdevelopment. Whereas it hurts them more to get exposed in the NHL tooearly. Take the safe approach, gainanother top 5 pick, hope you land the stud-D prospect and enhance your rebuild.

Dobber Sports Genius

Early indications are he's got an ELITE offensive skill set(constant Karlsson comparisons). I think it's even harder to tell with Dmen what they'll project once they reach the NHL - just look at Bouwmeester. So I take those with a bit of salt

My main thought for sending Hischer/Patrick back down (if they get a top 2) isto avoid the hot mess that will be the Canucks next year. Protect them fromnext season. Let the team sort out its direction for another year, bring theminto a more set environment. It rarely hurts a player to get an extra year ofdevelopment. Whereas it hurts them more to get exposed in the NHL tooearly. Take the safe approach, gainanother top 5 pick, hope you land the stud-D prospect and enhance your rebuild.
    Thats fair. Green said in his presser he feels we have the pieces in place already haha. I wish they would be more honest with us the fans and say were going stink next year but try and be competitive while working on developing our young talent to take the next step. I guess the owners and some fans don't want to hear that though.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thats fair. Green said in his presser he feels we have the pieces in place already haha. I wish they would be more honest with us the fans and say were going stink next year but try and be competitive while working on developing our young talent to take the next step. I guess the owners and some fans don't want to hear that though.
    well.. technically they do have the pieces. Problem is, they don’t all fit. That and every piecethey have MUST reach full potential in order to become competitive. Thecupboards are too bare to have any missteps or have someone NOT develop totheir ceiling (Virtanen, I’m staring at you.)

Dobber Sports Genius

Just as I predicted picked the worst we possible could. Wow where do we go from here? Should be interesting to see who we will get now.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I mean... you're getting a top 6 forward, top 2 C most likely. It could be worse. lots of comparisons of Cody Glass to Scheifele. If picking 5th leaves you with a 6'2" 206lbs C that can get on his horse with a well rounded offensive game - you could do worse.

Gezlaf went mid-1st - so not getting top pick isn't the end of the world. Seeing as Juolevi is another year or more away, Waiting a couple years for this pick - lowering expectations - should be a good thing.

Canuck fans should be happy with a top 5, even though there is disappointment it's not #1. Leafs nabbed Rielly & Nylander in two similar drafts to this one. So there's that.

Dobber Sports Deity

The drop off from 1-2 to 4-10 is minuet in this years draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The drop off from 1-2 to 4-10 is minuet in this years draft.
    Like this? 3.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

TSN’s Scott Cullen sees the possibility of Chris Tanev being traded to Toronto, suggesting a package of Brendan Leipsic, Connor Carrick, and a first-round pick to Vancouver might get it done. Scott says Leipsic’s junior ties to Travis Green make him a possible target for the Canucks.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot