Thread: Drop Fleury and pick up Vasilevskiy,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Fleury and pick up Vasilevskiy,

League in sig and it's up to date.

Would you drop Fleury for Vas?

Fleury doesn't play much right now but Vas isn't doing great either!

Is it a given that Bishop gets moved?

If Vas becomes the starter in TB next year, then there is a good chance he would be a keeper. TB should rebound and be much better next year and goalies are very important in this league.

If Fleury gets moved, and he probably will, he could also be a keeper. But if he goes to Vegas, then he's not worth much!

We are expanding to 13 teams next year and every team can have as many as 3 goalies.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I know I could also drop Ward but at least he's giving starts and a few point in thus league.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Drop Fleury and pick up Vasilevskiy,

I just made this exact move in a one year league. I do have Bishop in the league so I put a little more value on having the 2 TB goalies. There's a thread on that discussion in this forum as well.

There is no guarantee that Bishop gets moved. There is also no guarantee that Fleury gets moved. I think the chances that Fleury is the starting goalie for Vegas next season is quite low. For that to happen, Fleury would have to waive his non movement clause after the season. There would be zero incentive for him to do that because if he doesn't waive it then there's a chance that Pittsburgh would have to buy him out. This would mean that Fleury would be getting two salaries for next season.

- - - Updated - - -

I just made this exact move in a one year league. I do have Bishop in the league so I put a little more value on having the 2 TB goalies. There's a thread on that discussion in this forum as well.

There is no guarantee that Bishop gets moved. There is also no guarantee that Fleury gets moved. I think the chances that Fleury is the starting goalie for Vegas next season is quite low. For that to happen, Fleury would have to waive his non movement clause after the season. There would be zero incentive for him to do that because if he doesn't waive it then there's a chance that Pittsburgh would have to buy him out. This would mean that Fleury would be getting two salaries for next season.

The Great One

Are there other drop options until after the trade deadline?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes, I can wait and I would like to wait after the trade deadline but that's a dangerous move because he will get picked up really quick if there is a Bishop trade.

The Great One

Sorry I meant do you have someone else you can drop to add him and then re evaluate after the deadline?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Sorry I meant do you have someone else you can drop to add him and then re evaluate after the deadline?

No, we can only carry 3 goalies, so I have to drop one to add VAS.

And like I said, I need the starts from Ward. Ward was still worth 2.7 pts in his last start even though he lost (which is good for goalies, Holtby's average for the season is 2.5 pts/game).

I might pull the trigger as it looks like VAS is starting today (per LWL). And I can't stream like crazy in this league either because I will only have 11 moves left if I pick up VAS.