Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Been offered his Seguin for my Matthews

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Been offered his Seguin for my Matthews

That trade is ridiculous and if you can't get someone else to veto, you have to have the kahones to. As far as your trades, you traded Tarasenko for the ups side of Matthews. I think you loose short term but may end up winning in the end. Don't make your first move worse by trading for Seguin.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys. Yeah, Trav is in first place. The problem is there are 8 of us in the league, 3 of them are brothers and two other guys are close friends of the brothers. If I boot any or all of them I may as well just nuke the whole league. Some of these guys have been friends since high school (I'm pushing 40) and this is one of the last things we use to keep in touch so blowing it up, as much as I'd like to sometimes, probably won't happen.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Sage

Unless this isn't the first time in your league a trade like that has gone down, I'd veto it anyway and site this thread as your ammo and set up some sort of rule or guideline for future trades. Did I mention how ridiculous I think that trade is yet?
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ah, but then I'd be revealing Dobber to them, which is the secret of my success in that league for a long time. It's nice to know I wasn't alone in thinking it was BS, though.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Back to OP, I think Tank for Matthews was a savy move on your part. At this point I would not trade my Matthews for Tank. So I actually think you did well here now and beyond. Having said that, I think you may regret off loading Matthews this quickly, even if it is for Seguin. Segs tends to enjoy his time on the IR and I'm not so sure he's any better over the long haul than Matthews. You definitely shoulder more risk with Matty, but I enjoy risk. I'm carrying Matthews in my two pay leagues, had to fight hard to get him (trading the likes of Karlsson and eventually Eichel to get him I one, and Stamkos to get him in the other. I have zero intention of moving him for anything less than McDavid.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by StuperousFunker View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah, Trav is in first place. The problem is there are 8 of us in the league, 3 of them are brothers and two other guys are close friends of the brothers. If I boot any or all of them I may as well just nuke the whole league. Some of these guys have been friends since high school (I'm pushing 40) and this is one of the last things we use to keep in touch so blowing it up, as much as I'd like to sometimes, probably won't happen.
    Ive been running a pick up hockey league for like 12 years... stopped running it today. Once its no longer fun its time to get out. You wont give it the attention it needs, and will feel like work instead of something fun.

If guys are undermining you and making a mockery of the league I would call them out on it. If they push back clearly theres no point in the league going any further.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by StuperousFunker View Post
    Ah, but then I'd be revealing Dobber to them, which is the secret of my success in that league for a long time. It's nice to know I wasn't alone in thinking it was BS, though.
    hahaha, I feel you on that one!

Dobber Sports Stud

Ridiculous trade and indeed, these forums are sometimes best kept secret from unwanted eyes.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.