Page 60 of 412 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 110 160 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    What if you added Finger to that
    hahahahaha

The Great One

Projection: 13 points in the last 14 games = playoffs!!!

The Great One

Quick hits:

Carlyle on Gardiner: he's got to be better defensively, we're not at the development point of the season anymore.
    - I have to agree, although I love his poise WITH the puck, and ability to lead the rush (especially on the PP) he knows he has to be better defensively. It will come with time. Gardiner is going to be a great offensive defender for a long time

Gardiner quote "Guys are a lot more skilled," he said of the difference between the two leagues, "and it's harder to close on guys. It's definitely something I need to work on."

Leafs lines at practice: JVR-Bozak-Kessel, Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin, McClement-Grabovski-Frattin, Orr-Hamilton-McLaren
    - JVR still up on the top line. I think it has more to do with Carlyle spreading the offense than it does with JVR's play. Although, I don't mind it. The last two games when we needed a goal Lupul was 'promoted' to the first line and it worked out. Also, Hamilton really struggled with the speed of the (Carolina) game, I thought. Plus, McClement on that line is a much better fit.

Anderson won't be in net tomorrow in Ottawa.
    - I don't know if that is good or bad news. He is a great goalie, but I wouldn't have minded playing against him in his first game back.

Komarov was skating with some guys before practice. Could return soon.
    - Love his energy, and depth he brings to the club, along with Mac (who is making the trip to Ottawa, but won't dress)

Lupul is a champ
    Remember when everyone was going crazy on that 5.25M per contract? Where is this guy coming from? Highlight reel goal yesterday to go ahead 4-3 and make everyone in the ACC go nuts. Exceeding expectations this year with 7 goals and 9 points in 8 games.

According to @DamoSpin - Simple facts are these. Leafs have talked to VAN this week about Luongo. Leafs have some interest. Price has dropped. That's all for now.
    - Leafs goaltending isn't an issue. Unless Vancouver takes some salary back I don't see a possible trade.

The Great One

Another win. Playoffs are becoming more and more a reality with every point we get. FINALLY!!!

Shutout for Reimer just as these Luongo rumors pop up again. That has to be great for the confidence.

I love this whenever we play Ottawa in their building:
    Senators keys to victory: Take the crowd out of the game.

The Great One

First the big news: Kipper is staying in Calgary. A couple hours left on the deadline, and Luongo talk is starting to pick up, as expected. I don't think they come to an agreement unless Gillis' asking price comes way down, and the Leafs send money the other way.

Nonis says 'we aren't sellers'. I would have liked to see them trade impending UFA MacArthur. With Komarov healthy, I don't think we would have skipped a beat without MacArthur. They are both skating in practice, and not wearing no contact jerseys.

Looking closer in the stats....
    With MacArthur out of the lineup, the Leafs are 5-1 with 20GF and 11GA.

Speaking of the Lineup, the Leafs are hosting the Flyers tomorrow and the lines are relatively the same.

van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel;
    Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin;
    McClement-Grabovski-Frattin;
    MacArthur-Hamilton-Orr-Komarov
    Only Maclaren was absent from practice today.

Bozak, also an impending UFA, has apparently had discussions about a contract extension. What is Bozak? Can he be effective enough to be a #2 centerman? He is certainly projecting into a good player, and the chemistry with Kessel is undeniable, but he just doesn't scream top sixer to me. And I'm a Bozak fan.

Marlies news

Tim Connolly was a healthy scratch today. Jeez, this guy just seem to not care anymore....or ever.

Colborne stands out again (during today's game) . He has been playing very good since the midway point of the season.

Rielly has been jumping in the play, and leading the rush more often. He has taken over the PP QB position, but plays with Holzer 5on5. Such a smooth skater.

Leafs signed Drew MacIntyre (cleared waivers), and OHL graduate Garret Sparks (Leafs 7th round pick in 2011) . Expect MacIntyre and Owuya to fight for the Marlies #1 goaltending spot next year while Sparks getting lots of action in the ECHL.

Extra:

Tom Nilsson, (defender) Leafs 4th round pick from two years ago, signed a one year (loaner) deal for Frolunda next year. The same team that Fabbian Brunnstrom (remember him), and Sebastian Collberg play for. Also, the same team Duchene signed for during the lockout.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Does anyone think a deal for Lou gets done today? I personally don't and I'd rather it be that way as I've been impressed with both young G that TOR is currently rostering.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

The Great One

Nonis: "We are not shopping Bozak right now .... As it sits right now I don't see us doing anything." #Leafs

No, I don't see them coming to an agreement for Lu.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Leafs have as good of a chance of winning the cup with or without Lou, so the best thing to do is stand pat and let Vancouver deal with all their bad contracts.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilc View Post
    The Leafs have as good of a chance of winning the cup with or without Lou, so the best thing to do is stand pat and let Vancouver deal with all their bad contracts.
    I still think Nonis will make some kind of move. He must want to put his stamp on this team before playoff no?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I still think Nonis will make some kind of move. He must want to put his stamp on this team before playoff no?
    I think he'll do that via the draft. The team is clicking right now so why change a good thing? If anything I could see him parting with Clakr Mac as he's been injured anyways and not a fixture to their success this year. Maybe they land a draft pick so that Nonis can put his "stamp" on the team then.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

The Great One

RYAN O'BYRNE

A depth defender that will drop the gloves and adds playoff experience. I like the addition if he is able to play the tougher minutes.

According to @mirtle, he has been playing 18+ minutes a game in Colorado and was partnered with Liles when he played there.

You have to assume:

Gunnar-Dion
    Liles-O'Byrne
    Franson-Fraser

Kostka/Gardiner

Dobber Sports Ninja

Love the O'Byrne deal.

The truculence and belligerence is flowing freely in Toronto!

The Magnificent One

can someone please give me some insight into frattin? why does he keep getting benched these days or is he hurt that i dont know about? i traded selanne for him at the deadline mainly to get younger but figured he still had a chance to match close to what selanne could do. but him being benched is not really helping me much. i thought he was supposed to be a must get guy.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

GUYS I THINK NASH IS GOING TO CHARGE THE NET. Lets let that happen.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Immortal

What the hell is wrong with Joe Bowen tonight!? He's gotten like 5 names wrong....