Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luongo...value leveling or lifting off?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Luongo...value leveling or lifting off?

I've been reviewing most of the recent threads and have noticed lots of "where will Lou end up" but not nearly as much projection for a tender of his caliber. At this point in time where Lou's value seems to teeter on "where he lands" are some savy GM's missing out on an opportunity to strike while there blood in the water? While many Bobby Lou owners are concerned and irritable about his apparent fall from Grace. !

What does his future look like? Is he worth the add...possible upgrade? I listened to Goldman's radio interview and he got me thnking.

Anyone prepared to make a fearless forecast on Bobby Lou's potential upside? Clearly he's leaving Vancouver ventually. When he does will he end up with significantfantasy value again?top10?...top 5? Or is it time to turn our backs on Canada's most resent gold medal tender?

I used to hate him....lately I'm starting to develop a soft spot for him...Don't want that to cloud my judgements and offer up Bryz for him...kinda thing....or do I?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Loungo is and will remain a top tier goalie whenever and wherever he plays. The only issue should be how many starts is he going to get in the near future.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Loungo is and will remain a top tier goalie whenever and wherever he plays. The only issue should be how many starts is he going to get in the near future.
    This is exactly what I was going to say. He is elite still. Maybe a bit fragile mentally but he is still really good. He carried a team to game 7 of the stanley cup finals just 2 years ago (it had to be him because no one else was helping him). I'd definitely take Luongo over Bryz in a keeper league but he's very risky in 1 year leagues with Schneider cutting into his time.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Interesting thread...

I was torn over exactly what you're talking about.

I just traded my Luongo and M Richards for Bryzgalov and Kunitz. Wins/SO's only and that does change things in my favour (I think.) I also think Philly's a better team than wherever Lou goes...
    10 team Keeper Roto league.
    2012 2014 CHAMP.
    G/A/PIM/+-/GWG G:W/SV%
    Keep 7
    Start 2C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 4U, 3G, 3BN

C E Malkin, C Giroux, R Getzlaf, Bergeron, Hertl Dubinsky
    LW Panarin Voracek Marleau
    RW C Perry, Eberle, Neal
    D Klingberg Carlson Shattenkirk Hedman
    G MA Fleury, Dubnyk, Elliot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by cb4 View Post
    Interesting thread...

I was torn over exactly what you're talking about.

I just traded my Luongo and M Richards for Bryzgalov and Kunitz. Wins/SO's only and that does change things in my favour (I think.) I also think Philly's a better team than wherever Lou goes...
    My point exactly. Lots of people have written Lou off...regardless of where he goes. But I'm reminded of his days in Florida when the team wasn't all that good...but Lou's fantasy value was significant. I guess I'm wondering if now is the time to try and strike for bobby Lou while many of his owners are scorned. And who would he be an upgrade for?

All this talk about philly and Bryz...as a Bryz owner...i'm starting to really feel weary. Is bobby lou an upgrade in net from Bryz? I've been trying to pry Lou away from his current owner without touching Bryz and Halak (team below)...but if comes back asking for Bryz or Halak...is either worth the flop?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can't dismiss that I am a little weary about Bryz. Look at the bright side though, if your team is ready to win then this is a good thing which light a fire under his xxxx and he should have a great year. Bad thing is his trade value just dropped, which I don't really care if my team is in a win now mode.

It just doesn't make any sense for the Flyers to get Lu, with all of his playoff baggage. I am one of the believer that they just want to drive up the price for Toronto, and to motivate Bryz.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    My point exactly. Lots of people have written Lou off...regardless of where he goes. But I'm reminded of his days in Florida when the team wasn't all that good...but Lou's fantasy value was significant. I guess I'm wondering if now is the time to try and strike for bobby Lou while many of his owners are scorned. And who would he be an upgrade for?

All this talk about philly and Bryz...as a Bryz owner...i'm starting to really feel weary. Is bobby lou an upgrade in net from Bryz? I've been trying to pry Lou away from his current owner without touching Bryz and Halak (team below)...but if comes back asking for Bryz or Halak...is either worth the flop?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense for the Flyers to get Lu, with all of his playoff baggage.
    what does make sense though is that if they buy out bryz and trade for luongo they are off the hook for bryzs cap benefit recapture and get to split lous with vancouver

not to mention its a city thats used to thowing goalies under the bus after the playoffs and luongo is used to that so its kinda win win

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Star

The problem with Luongo right now isn't that he is a poor goaltender; everyone knows that he isn't. The problem is the stigma that comes with him right now. There are a many people out there who feel he is soft or fragile, mentally. There are many people out there who feel that his play is sub-standard in REALLY important games.

I am not saying that it is true that he sucks in important games, or that his mind is weak, but I definitely think that there are many out there who DO think that is true. Who wants a goalie who will play well during the regular season, but will choke in the playoffs?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First the flyers can't buy-out Bryz until June.

Second, they need 23 million dollars to buy him out. I believed the cap hit for Bryz for the rest of his contract is about the same as Luongo's. So they may get a slightly better goalie, but the cap hit will be the same (or am I correct on this? and you mentioned "split" with Vancouver, I am not sure how it works) , plus 23 million dollars going into...... the toilet?

I am a Luongo fan, but I think his critics are justified. If he didn't completely bombed that few playoff games in front of everyone's eyes, I think we are talking about moving Schneider instead of him.

I just don't see how it better Ed Snider's chance of winning the cup with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    what does make sense though is that if they buy out bryz and trade for luongo they are off the hook for bryzs cap benefit recapture and get to split lous with vancouver

not to mention its a city thats used to thowing goalies under the bus after the playoffs and luongo is used to that so its kinda win win

Dobber Sports Wizard

First the flyers can't buy-out Bryz until June.
    and what does this have to do with the price of tea in china

Second, they need 23 million dollars to buy him out. I believed the cap hit for Bryz for the rest of his contract is about the same as Luongo's. So they may get a slightly better goalie, but the cap hit will be the same (or am I correct on this? and you mentioned "split" with Vancouver, I am not sure how it works) , plus 23 million dollars going into...... the toilet?
    i am talking about the cap benefit recapture

also it is 23 million but it isnt since it comes out of hrr the players eat half of it

and that money is going into the toilet regardless if bryz plays for them or doesnt

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The problem with him is he's either great, or completely sucked in an
    important game. A great goalie simply CANNOT let the game get away and not allow his team to get back in.

He's still a fantastic goalie, but if the Flyer's goal is to the final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs, then he may not be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    The problem with Luongo right now isn't that he is a poor goaltender; everyone knows that he isn't. The problem is the stigma that comes with him right now. There are a many people out there who feel he is soft or fragile, mentally. There are many people out there who feel that his play is sub-standard in REALLY important games.

I am not saying that it is true that he sucks in important games, or that his mind is weak, but I definitely think that there are many out there who DO think that is true. Who wants a goalie who will play well during the regular season, but will choke in the playoffs?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

The problem with him is he's either great, or completely sucked in an
    important game. A great goalie simply CANNOT let the game get away and not allow his team to get back in.

He's still a fantastic goalie, but if the Flyer's goal is to the final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs, then he may not be a good choice.
    except luongo has been in the finals and bryzgalov had a 400.32 gaa in the playoffs last season

he is a better choice

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That makes a difference in a fantasy standpoint. Bryz will be with the Flyers this season unless he gets traded, and I suspected that Luongo will wear a Leafs uniform before June?

and what does this have to do with the price of tea in china

i am talking about the cap benefit recapture

also it is 23 million but it isnt since it comes out of hrr the players eat half of it

and that money is going into the toilet regardless if bryz plays for them or doesnt

Dobber Sports Wizard

That makes a difference in a fantasy standpoint. Bryz will be with the Flyers this season unless he gets traded, and I suspected that Luongo will wear a Leafs uniform before June?
    what makes a difference in a fantasy standpoint

and of course bryz will be with the flyers this season unless he gets traded thats kinda how nhl contracts work

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not arguing a personal opinion.

except luongo has been in the finals and bryzgalov had a 400.32 gaa in the playoffs last season

he is a better choice