Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is enough enough already?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Is enough enough already?

Gents, I've held onto Voracek and Okposo for quite a few years now and was hoping for a break out from at least one of them this season. I realize we are barely ten games in it beeing only a 48 game season maybe skews some stats (??), but...

With Okposo, he just got demoted from JT's line, so he has apparently blew this opportunity.

With Voracek, you'd think with Hartnell and now Simmonds out (less competition), he'd capitalize and grab ahold of the slot beside Giroux. Not happening apparently.

What are your thoughts on this. I'm in a position to take it all this season but have these two under contracvt for about 5 more years each. Should I think of dealing them for 'win now' type players that only have one or two years left on their contracts until they go ufa in my league?

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

its funny because i was getting ready to post something very similar to this about okposo as i think i am getting pretty close to the end with him

voracek i have never been a big believer in personally he is a typical blue jackets draft pick imo

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Expert

Neither of these players screams "superstar" to me so I have no trouble punting them in order to secure a championship. The question would be, outside of "scrubs" what are other GMs actually willing to pony up to acquire them?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've had them both on my team and released them both.
    I couldn't afford to be as patient as you since my league doesn't utilize the peripherals like hits, block, PIM's.
    They need to score and score often to have any value in my format...patience can be a killer.

Some do take more time to maturate but I do believe the really good ones make the most of their opportunity. These guys have not been sheltered and have received good minutes with very good linemates. There is talent in both organizations that is coming and will take the opportunity from them if they don't snap out of their funk.

Maybe we and their teams expected more than they have.
    They both seemed to thrive on the 2nd line...not such a bad thing.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Giant

i drafted voracek as a rookie and have still been waiting also. im also going for the win this year and am currently in 2nd. i have him on my bench and have been playing dubinsky and cody eakin as fillers. at least they hit and block.
    i was planning on voracek to be one of my stars this year.
    i doubt youd get much in a trade right now.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Banned

I don't own Voracek but I do own Okposo and I'm thinking the same thing...he's had such great opportunity to do something, anything at all but he never steps up. I'm loathe to drop him because I know then he'll light it up but I'm on the brink

Dobber Sports Stud

Another frustrated Okposo owner here. Some possible silver linings to consider: even if he blew this opportunity to play with JT, I'm sure there will be others; and he had a slow start last season too and came on strong in the back half. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I'm trying to stay positive!
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Veteran

All you have to do is watch a New York Islanders game to know that Okposo sucks and will never be good. The play dies when the puck comes to him every time.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Star

I refused to draft Voracek, and I've already dropped Okposo in both my leagues. No regrets.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I refused to draft Voracek, and I've already dropped Okposo in both my leagues. No regrets.
    as an owner of voracek - what do you guys think i can get for him at this juncture? i'm trying to land tangible assets.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Another frustrated Okposo owner here. Some possible silver linings to consider: even if he blew this opportunity to play with JT, I'm sure there will be others; and he had a slow start last season too and came on strong in the back half. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but I'm trying to stay positive!
    That's the thing is he did have a stronger last half of the season after a terrible start.

So did Voracek I believe. Or, he turned it up on Giroux's line when Jagr was injured. Maybe he'll get another chance when Hartnell returns...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just as I was about to get teh stones to drop Voracek he gets an assist on Sestito's goal LOL

Dobber Sports Master

The Flyers are really hurting with injuries and they have Voracek playing with Sesito. I think that says a lot. McGinn is playing with Briere and G.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    The Flyers are really hurting with injuries and they have Voracek playing with Sesito. I think that says a lot. McGinn is playing with Briere and G.
    Is he actually playing with him AW? I was under the assumption it wasl ike in the midst of a line change.

Dobber Sports Master

Nah, just to bang home my point. He's playing with Schenn and Rinaldo mostly.