Thread: Sedins for Who?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sedins for Who?

Last night at our draft, the GM who has both Sedins mentioned that he is looking to move them this year. I am in a good position to win it this year. We talked a bit about a trade, but nothing offered. I told him Crosby Giroux Letang are not on the block. Any Suggestions?

I was thinking Parise Staal for Sedins. I don't know if he would do that but just putting some deals together in my head.
    Salary Cap League
    15 teams
    Need to ice: 12F 6D 1G
    Keep 15 players
    Points and Pims

Forwards: Hall, Perry, Hertl, Burakovsky, Lehtera, Atkinson, Teravanian, Lander, Simmonds
    Defense: Schultz, Giordano, Klefbom, Klingberg
    Goalie: Fleury, Talbot

Dobber Sports All-Star

The trade would be a lateral move for you. If your league is 15 teams, you might already be the front runner with your current roster.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    The trade would be a lateral move for you. If your league is 15 teams, you might already be the front runner with your current roster.
    This. I'd stand pat. I think you can get better value for Parise and E.Staal personally.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Wizard

take the deal its the sedins for crying out loud henrik has more points than any player in the league over the last 3 seasons and daniel is 5th

if daniel doesnt miss 29 games during that time they are 1 and 2 likely tied in points

people are drinking way too much parise koolaid

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree. You already have deep scoring talent and I'm not sure the Sedins would be an upgrade, especially since I believe E Staal will outpoint both of them by a decent margin.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I agree. You already have deep scoring talent and I'm not sure the Sedins would be an upgrade, especially since I believe E Staal will outpoint both of them by a decent margin.
    I honestly am not sure how anybody could think that E Staal will outpoint either Sedin, let alone by a decent margin.

I gotta agree with Lucifer on this one. Over the last few years, both Sedin's have shown to be consistent and always at the top of the scoring leader boards. Eric Staal scored 48 points in 82 games last year...

If you can trade Staal and Parise for both Sedins, do it, never look back, and win your league.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I honestly am not sure how anybody could think that E Staal will outpoint either Sedin, let alone by a decent margin.

I gotta agree with Lucifer on this one. Over the last few years, both Sedin's have shown to be consistent and always at the top of the scoring leader boards. Eric Staal scored 48 points in 82 games last year...

If you can trade Staal and Parise for both Sedins, do it, never look back, and win your league.

Rylant
    Just wait then

BTW, Staal scored 70 points, not 48, in 82 games last season and sure, it isn't the greatest total. But he exploded in the last half for 50 points in 44 games AFTER Marc was healthy. With his bro Jordan on the team now plus the other improvements to the Canes Eric is going to be a jacked up beast!
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; January 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Just wait then

BTW, Staal scored 70 points, not 48, in 82 games last season and sure, it isn't the greatest total. But he exploded in the last half for 50 points in 44 games AFTER Marc was healthy. With his bro Jordan on the team now plus the other improvements to the Canes Eric is going to be a jacked up beast!
    Yikes that's my bad. You are right he did score 70, not 48. Sorry.

Interesting that you think those changes will make that much difference? I suppose it's possible. I just think it's a bold statement to say that Staal will out point both Sedins next year; it is a REALLY bold statement to say that he will do it by a decent margin :-).

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

This is a really good point.

Personally, I'd consider Parise and Staal for the Sedins. The Twins are constantly overlooked when all they do is produce points consistently. However, there's about a 4 year age difference to consider, too, given its a keeper league.

If you really want to bulk up and lock up the league this year, maybe offer Skinner and Benn. I'm not personally sold on either's durability (that's just my view, although both are unreal talents), but that should certainly going to perk up some interest, particularly if your potential partner is in a rebuild.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Yikes that's my bad. You are right he did score 70, not 48. Sorry.

Interesting that you think those changes will make that much difference? I suppose it's possible. I just think it's a bold statement to say that Staal will out point both Sedins next year; it is a REALLY bold statement to say that he will do it by a decent margin :-).

Rylant
    Thats all good, perhaps I should quantify what I mean by a decent margin. I expect E. Staal, gut feelings here, to score in the high 80's pro-rated while I expect the Sedins to score a point per game so about a 10% increase. It would be more like a 6 point boost in this shortened season. While it's not a massive difference I feel 10% or so qualifies as a decent margin.

I'm not a Canes fan but I really like the makeup of their team right now and if a few players were traded in a package for the Sedins I feel that E. Staal would end up being the top player in the trade.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd trade Parise and Staal for the Sedins in a heartbeat...points only, going for it...no brainer to me.

Dobber Sports Pro

In a pts only, I'd make the move as well. Better chance at getting those high end elite numbers.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...