Thread: Forum snapshot

I...am your father.

Default Forum snapshot

Interesting to see the lockout's impact on the forum. I just looked at the list of new posts, and found that they were distributed into the following areas:

Hockey - 11
    Lounge - 8
    Baseball - 3
    Football - 3
    Prospects - 0 (really? why can't I steal any HF Boards people for this area?)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good thing you didn't take a look a couple days ago, I posted in like 5 consecutive basketball threads I'm pretty sure the bball haters around here would have had an aneurysm.

Dobber Sports Pro

the dog days of the lockout are upon us.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think I started posting more when there was a lock out :|

Something about less time analyzing stats, more time to talking... about... well anything that makes the lock out go by faster.

I'm sure many can agree that they have taken an interest in other sports now that hockey is a no where to be found on the fantasy landscape. Good for the Jays in Toronto I suppose.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Administrator

I think most people are just not that hardcore about their prospects. At least not enough to post about it daily.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

The good thing is if someone's got a pressing question they need help with, they've got pretty much everyone on the forum looking it over and offering their opinion if they've got one.

Dobber Sports Giant

Wink

at least hockey is winning.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Oh how I wish more people would talk baseball around here.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Oh how I wish more people would talk baseball around here.
    I used to really be into it, but the '94 strike and the following steroid years pretty much killed it for me. The '92 and '93 World Series are some of the best sports memories I have - was able to watch it all and hung on every pitch. Joe Carter was the man.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I used to really be into it, but the '94 strike and the following steroid years pretty much killed it for me. The '92 and '93 World Series are some of the best sports memories I have - was able to watch it all and hung on every pitch. Joe Carter was the man.
    If the Jays can finally have a stellar season would that bring you back? I can understand why its frustrating, because the team went from being one of the best in all of baseball to bad and mediocre. Pat Gillick was a genius, one of the best general manager's ever and that's why he's in the hall of fame now. Then you have some really awful management by J.P. Ricciardi, bad contracts and the team gets a poor image.

You bring in Anthopoulos and he begins to turn around the team by acquiring young talent and building the farm system. Now we have ourselves a likely contender in the toughest division in all of baseball.

This is going to be a fun year to watch the Jays IMO, I think we're going to see a lot of people get back into baseball.
    Last edited by dmvincent; November 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    If the Jays can finally have a stellar season would that bring you back? I can understand why its frustrating, because the team went from being one of the best in all of baseball to bad and mediocre. Pat Gillick was a genius, one of the best general manager's ever and that's why he's in the hall of fame now. Then you have some really awful management by J.P. Ricciardi, bad contracts and the team gets a poor image.

You bring in Anthopoulos and he begins to turn around the team by acquiring young talent and building the farm system. Now we have ourselves a likely contender in the toughest division in all of baseball.

This is going to be a fun year to watch the Jays IMO, I think we're going to see a lot of people get back into baseball.
    Yeah the Jays sucking for the past 15+ years has played a part to be sure. Its been so long since I paid baseball any attention, I have no clue who any of the players are now.

If the entire NHL season gets cancelled, there's a chance I might get into baseball again IF the Jays are worth watching - but its a pretty low chance.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin