View Poll Results: Kane or Nugent-Hopkins?

Voters
152. This poll is closed
  • Patrick Kane

79 51.97%
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

73 48.03%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] #3 Kane vs. #6 Nugent-Hopkins

Administrator

Default [Cage Match Tournament] #3 Kane vs. #6 Nugent-Hopkins

Remember to read the article on the front page when it comes out to see the rest of the results and remember that this vote is in a points only setting. Cast your vote and discuss!

Here are links to the other polls for the week:

Giroux vs. Spezza

Malkin vs. Duchene

Toews vs. Eberle
    Last edited by metaldude26; February 22, 2012 at 1:54 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Color this Kane voter surprised at the results thus far.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

apart from injuries, these two would have similar point totals this year (if not RNH out-producing) include age (negligible), and perceived upside i think it makes sense.....

Quote Originally Posted by SK47 View Post
    apart from injuries, these two would have similar point totals this year (if not RNH out-producing) include age (negligible), and perceived upside i think it makes sense.....
    It does make sense, if you ignore the injuries. I agree.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Color this Kane voter surprised at the results thus far.
    Same here. Voted for Kane. He's still and young and far more proven than RNH.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Same here. Voted for Kane. He's still and young and far more proven than RNH.
    Yeah and i don't know that I can ignore the injuries to RNH. Certainly not band aid status but if my job is to assign keeper value between the two, I look at the totality not merely what a player could be...at some point in the future.

Aside, and off topic (kinda)....

Law of unintended consequences: this exercise is forcing me to really assess my own protocol for player valuation, with regard to my teams. To view them through a more objective looking glass rather than emotionally hyped, rose colored glasses, if you like.

Thanks, MD, don't know if you set out with that intent but this is quite the educational experience.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I thought this one and the Toews/Eberle one were tight. When in doubt though I go with the proven talent (or in this case the 'more proven' talent)
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Yeah and i don't know that I can ignore the injuries to RNH. Certainly not band aid status but if my job is to assign keeper value between the two, I look at the totality not merely what a player could be...at some point in the future.

Aside, and off topic (kinda)....

Law of unintended consequences: this exercise is forcing me to really assess my own protocol for player valuation, with regard to my teams. To view them through a more objective looking glass rather than rose colored emotionally hyped, rose colored glasses, if you like.

Thanks, MD, don't know if you set out with that intent but this is quite the educational experience.
    That is kind of how I look at all of the Cage Match articles. I am not looking to do easy matchups. I want to tackle noodle-scratchers. I want to answer the tough questions or at least offer my opinion. With this tournament though, I just looked at the way that the Cage Match article presents itself and it really sets up as a highly argumentative piece. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the articles there was almost no way you did not have an opinion. I wanted to play off of that and create a fun way to allow people to get involved and voice those opinions. It takes some pressure off me as the writer and allows the readers to take ownership. As far as I am concerned this tournament belongs to you guys, I am basically just Greg Gumble.

I really leaned heavily on the forum heavies and DobberHockey writers to be my selection committee and determine the seeding. Once the seeding was established though, then I took some liberties and sought out matchups that would make you go *Damn*. So consider it a little of column A and a little of column B. Kane was a 3-seed and Nuge was a 6-seed. I felt like that would be good for some fireworks. Even the Spezza-Giroux matchup is one I feel could be close or at least should be closer than maybe the poll results will show.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I voted for RNH in this case. I know that proven is almost always a plus, but I have seen what Kane can do and I think 90 is the max we will ever see from him. He has some of the best linemates and he still can't break in to 90 pts.

RNH on the other hand in his rookie year was over a PPG pace with Eberle and Hall both healthy. I would be taking the chance here because the worst case scenario RNH becomes a 75-80 pt player on his own.
    League 1: 12 teams (drafted 10th) - Standard public Yahoo league - G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG - W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Boogeypop View Post
    I voted for RNH in this case. I know that proven is almost always a plus, but I have seen what Kane can do and I think 90 is the max we will ever see from him. He has some of the best linemates and he still can't break in to 90 pts.

RNH on the other hand in his rookie year was over a PPG pace with Eberle and Hall both healthy. I would be taking the chance here because the worst case scenario RNH becomes a 75-80 pt player on his own.
    Also voted RNH. Both have great linemates, both are young, both were 1sts overall. That Kane followed up his 88 point season with 2 disappointing ones, while RNH was looking to have a 80 point rookie season, made my decision.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm for Kane here. Sure he's having a major mid-season slump, but he's still better rounded at this point.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Guru

heh. anyone else suspicious that if you own one of these guys, and offer him for the other, that offer is going to be refused regardless of who has who?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    heh. anyone else suspicious that if you own one of these guys, and offer him for the other, that offer is going to be refused regardless of who has who?
    HAHAHA, true that!

Dobber Sports Sage

I will take RNH her It is close and his (RNH) injurys this year concern me a little, but I just don't see the same upside from Kane. Kane can certainly be a 90pt guy but I see RNH as being a 110 pt player in 3 years...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Expert

Close one but in this situation as other stated before i´d go with the proven. Gimme Kane.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.