Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey Big Ev, Why does Silfverberg only have 3 points?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hey Big Ev, Why does Silfverberg only have 3 points?

Sorry to call you out like that but I assume you watch more sens games than anyone else here and your sig indicates you may pay particular attention to him. So......is he due? Seems to be taken a fair amount of shots. I seen him snipe a nice one on Price....I drafted him fairly high...my own fault. Just wondering if you expect his point totals and/or chances to improve. Losing Spezza and now Karlsson doesn't really help his cause either I assume.....
    please share your thoughts. that is all.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm definitely not Big Ev, but I have seen my fair share of SENS games aswell this season.. I think Silfverberg is playing quite well, but that doesn't help us in fantasy leagues.. He has hit a few posts and has just missed the net on a few other occasions..

You also have to remember that he is young and has come over from Europe to play in a completely different league. He will definitely improve and find his groove.. If you are in a one-year league, I would say drop him as he won't do much this year. But if you are in a keeper league, hold tight, be patient..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Because he's a rookie who is playing on the perimeter for the most part. Not as much time to get his elite shot off yet. In time though. Dont think he will do anything this year.

Dobber Sports Ace

What do you see for point projection over the next few years as well as upside? Thanks in advance
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Sage

I think he is a very much over-rated prospect that is why! He has looked timid and scared to me, but time will tell..
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

I haven't seen any Sens games but for perspective, Joe Thornton had 7 pts in his first season. Not saying JS is a guaranteed star, but just that not every player dazzles when they first get to the NHL - most don't. Patience with rookies is tough but it can pay off.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I haven't seen any Sens games but for perspective, Joe Thornton had 7 pts in his first season. Not saying JS is a guaranteed star, but just that not every player dazzles when they first get to the NHL - most don't. Patience with rookies is tough but it can pay off.
    Is that Selanne as your avatar?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Thornton was 18. Silfverberg is 22 and with the extra seasoning in the SEL I expected more out of the gate. With that said, it is still quite early to worry too much about numbers; I would worry more about how his play is perceived. An example would be Brandon Saad. You see that he has only 2 goals in 12 games and think that he is having a hard time adjusting to the NHL. But in reality Hawks fans are raving about him and saying that he has been one of the best Hawks this year but is just snakebitten so far.

Ev's comment about Silfverberg playing a perimeter game is more concerning than the numbers.

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't really comment on Silf as I haven't seen much of him but I just want to point out that he's 22 years old......the age Thornton put up 71 points in 72 games so there's not comparison of any sort to be made. The year Thornton put up 7 points he was 18.

I understand you weren't really comparing him to Thornton but realistically he should be held up against guys who entered the league late in their career....maybe someone like Bozak....but honestly his stats to this point match up very well with a guy like Bickell

Banned

he'll be fine, still expect upside of 60-70. Wasn't expecting him to put up numbers this year, and didn't think he was Ottawa's best prospect but that's a story for another day. He's been really good defensively as well, so the offense will come.

He's compared to Loui Eriksson a lot and Loui did not light it up the first two years.

He has been really good along the boards and having puck possession. As soon as the timing comes, he'll be able to use that shot and score more. One of the best shots in the league.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I can't really comment on Silf as I haven't seen much of him but I just want to point out that he's 22 years old......the age Thornton put up 71 points in 72 games so there's not comparison of any sort to be made. The year Thornton put up 7 points he was 18.

I understand you weren't really comparing him to Thornton but realistically he should be held up against guys who entered the league late in their career....maybe someone like Bozak....but honestly his stats to this point match up very well with a guy like Bickell
    OK maybe Big Joe wasn't the best example. My point is give them some time.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Banned

he had his best game today I thought. This is what he will hopefully be doing on a more consistent basis in the actual games:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd say a point with the SO winner is a good sign.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    I'd say a point with the SO winner is a good sign.
    What a quick release on that shootout goal over Marty's left shoulder..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What a quick release on that shootout goal over Marty's left shoulder..
    Indeed. I immediately thought of this thread when I saw that.