Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Studs & Duds - Sunday 2/3

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Studs & Duds - Sunday 2/3

Studs
    Was that Mario Lemieux is disguise? - Did Mario Lemieux secretly come out of retirement and put on a Chris Kunitz jersey when no one was looking? I personally think it could be a possibility as the player wearing #14 for the Pittsburgh Penguins continued putting up points by firing 3 goals past the Washington Capitals Sunday night. Kunitz was a “Monster” and finished the night with 3 G, 3 Pts, 2 PPG, 1 GWG, +1, 3 SOG and 2 Hits.

Marty Brodeur with another Shut.....? – No that wasn’t Marty Broduer between the pipes when the New Jersey Devils blanked the New York Islanders, it was Manitoba Moose alumni Johan Hedberg! Hedberg, making his 2nd start of the season faced only 22 shots for the shut out but came up big when needed including a huge pad save stopping Micheal Grabner on a short-handed breakaway in the third period when the game was still scoreless.

Man, not him again! – Of course I am talking about Buffalo Sabre sniper Thomas Vanek. Vanek increased his point total to a league leading 19 points with another strong night by scoring 1G and 2A. It seems like we are talking about Vanek every night and quite frankly wish we were talking my guys on my fantasy hockey team instead.

Duds
    Grabbing the number #1 goalie spot, NOT! – Braden Holtby is showing the Washington Capitals that he really doesn’t want to be a number #1 goalie after all. Holtby gave up 6 goals Sunday against the Pittsburgh Penguins while only faces 26 shots. Holtby fell to 1-3 on the season with a 4.52 GAA and a .862 save %. I think even I could of played better.

I thought the power only went out at the Super Bowl? – The New York Islanders had their own power struggles on Sunday has they only managed a paltry 22 shots in getting shut out by the New Jersey Devils. A big reason for being shut out is the Power Play had no power what so ever as it went 0-7 on the night.

At least he did have to pay to watch the game – New Jersey forward Krystofer Barch spent most of the game watching from the best seat in the house, the bench. Barch took 5 shifts and played only 2:54 on the night. Ilya Kovalchuk had 2 shifts that were longer than that. I heard that he finally passed the 2nd level on Angry Birds - Star Wars edition halfway through the 3rd period.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good read, DR. A little hard on Holtby as I feel the Pens are starting to click and that could have been just about any goalie yesterday . I absolutely loved the SB power outage tie in. Way to capitaize on moment that will be etched in the minds of many for some time to come.
    Last edited by One87; February 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports All-Star

That was an awesome write up dude.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Studs
    Was that Mario Lemieux is disguise? - Did Mario Lemieux secretly come out of retirement and put on a Chris Kunitz jersey when no one was looking? I personally think it could be a possibility as the player wearing #14 for the Pittsburgh Penguins continued putting up points by firing 3 goals past the Washington Capitals Sunday night. Kunitz was a “Monster” and finished the night with 3 G, 3 Pts, 2 PPG, 1 GWG, +1, 3 SOG and 2 Hits.
    Make that 4 goal night for Kunitz! He tipped in the 1st goal of the game that first credited to Martin but now has been changed to Kunitz.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Barch took 5 shifts and played only 2:54 on the night. Ilya Kovalchuk had 2 shifts that were longer than that. I heard that he finally passed the 2nd level on Angry Birds - Star Wars edition halfway through the 3rd period.
    Love!
    Three of my favourite topics:
    *Krys Barch
    *Ilya Kovalchuk taking long shifts
    *Angry Birds (that Star Wars is tough... mercy, some of those boards... well, I don't like to admit to going to YouTube for tips, but man... been there)

Administrator

Pens are starting to produce like they should.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think even I could of played better.
    Could HAVE played better... I can't believe how common that error is.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Could HAVE played better... I can't believe how common that error is.

LOL. Living up to the badge.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah... I'd like to think that I've dialed it down a bit, but "should/could/would of" just makes me twitch. MAJOR pet peeve of mine. It's just ignorance and NO awareness of your own language. I never see English as a 2nd language users make that error.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah... I'd like to think that I've dialed it down a bit, but "should/could/would of" just makes me twitch. MAJOR pet peeve of mine. It's just ignorance and NO awareness of your own language. I never see English as a 2nd language users make that error.
    I blame my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Wilson, she was so pretty and hot that I just starred at her all day and day dreamed that we were in love.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I never see English as a 2nd language users make that error.
    Then you have not been to the community center that I volunteer at.

Then you have not been to the community center where I volunteer.

Which of the above is grammatically correct?

As with most sentences within the English language, colloquial speech has defined the written word to some degree. It used to bug me when people say things like "I'm going down the shop." Just by replacing one word the sentence will be grammatically correct. "I'm going to the shop."

I will play devil's advocate and ask one simple question?

Is it absolutely necessary to be grammatically correct on a forum that is not related to the English language?

Every single post that has been grammatically incorrect since I've been on this forum has still been answered. Discussion has still been generated regarding the content of the post, not the manner in which it was written.

The beautiful thing about the human mind is that we do not need everything to be perfect in order to understand it.

Having said that, it still bugs the bejeebus out of me when "there, they're and their" are used incorrectly.

Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too grammatically correct for the average person to comprehend
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    Then you have not been to the community center that I volunteer at.

Then you have not been to the community center where I volunteer.

Which of the above is grammatically correct?

As with most sentences within the English language, colloquial speech has defined the written word to some degree. It used to bug me when people say things like "I'm going down the shop." Just by replacing one word the sentence will be grammatically correct. "I'm going to the shop."

I will play devil's advocate and ask one simple question?

Is it absolutely necessary to be grammatically correct on a forum that is not related to the English language?

Every single post that has been grammatically incorrect since I've been on this forum has still been answered. Discussion has still been generated regarding the content of the post, not the manner in which it was written.

The beautiful thing about the human mind is that we do not need everything to be perfect in order to understand it.

Having said that, it still bugs the bejeebus out of me when "there, they're and their" are used incorrectly.

Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too grammatically correct for the average person to comprehend
    Most people react negatively when they see someone use bad language, assuming they know anything about language. Most reactions are subconscious. If someone writes "should of", then most people will recognize that something is off with that and label the writer as at least slightly unintelligent. Again, mostly subconsciously... only language fascist ******** do it consciously

If you want to come across as a dumbass, go ahead and butcher the language. That's how it works.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Derek still wrote an entertaining piece of work, despite the grammar. I can't wait for his next article on Sunday.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Or is it just an oversight?

Ya know, Dakkster, honestly, your arrogance is second to none. We write these in a pinch, in an attempt to simultaneously include as much substance while trying to adhere to a deadline. Ya think this is the only thing we have going on in our lives? Think we have time to proof read everything? Think we're just lollygagging the day away as we attempt to provide some insight?

Truth is mistakes happen. I am no professional typist and sometimes in my haste my mind and fingers get tangled in their tango.

But honestly I don't care, and if you do then pm a brother a pointer or heads-up. But broadcasting others typos, mispellings, or grammatical errors in some pompus attempt to show the world all you know...is just childish.

So do me a favor and save your English 101 lessons for someone who gives a sh!t

Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Or is it just an oversight?

Ya know, Dakkster, honestly, your arrogance is second to none. We write these in a pinch, in an attempt to simultaneously include as much substance while trying to adhere to a deadline. Ya think this is the only thing we have going on in our lives? Think we have time to proof read everything? Think we're just lollygagging the day away as we attempt to provide some insight?

Truth is mistakes happen. I am no professional typist and sometimes in my haste my mind and fingers get tangled in their tango.

But honestly I don't care, and if you do then pm a brother a pointer or heads-up. But broadcasting others typos, mispellings, or grammatical errors in some pompus attempt to show the world all you know...is just childish.

So do me a favor and save your English 101 lessons for someone who gives a sh!t

Thanks
    An excellant, excellent, absolutly eggcellent post.

I doubt many others could have written a better response.

And thank you to all those that contribute their time to help out our community.

Good stuff Derek.