Thread: Schultz vs Galchenyuk - Keeper League

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Schultz vs Galchenyuk - Keeper League

Hi Guys,

Having a hard time figuring out who the better pick is for a keeper league that allows 10 keepers in a 25 man roster league + 1 eligible keeper rookie spot. Is the only thing that separates these two is their position or is one that much better then the other.

My Squad
    Ryan,Nash,Couture,Kesler,M.Richards,Voracek
    Doughty,Ellis* (rookie)
    Tuukka,Halak,Kipper

G/A/S/PIM/+-/PPP/GWG

I have third overall pick and I have three firsts in the first 10 picks - 3/8/10
    I could grab one or two Dman with my 8/10 spot like Faulk or Gardiner or Boyle or Ekman

Dobber Sports Giant

id go with shultz.
    also i like ekman off your defensemen list best.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm taking Galchenyuk. His upside is much higher, as a forward. Your league scoring doesn't favour d-men so the difference between Galchenyuk and Schultz will be significant.

And as you said, you can grab one of Faulk, Boyle or Ekman (I'm not very high on Gardiner) with your 8th pick.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I'm taking Galchenyuk. His upside is much higher, as a forward. Your league scoring doesn't favour d-men so the difference between Galchenyuk and Schultz will be significant.

And as you said, you can grab one of Faulk, Boyle or Ekman (I'm not very high on Gardiner) with your 8th pick.
    What your problem with Gardiner? The team? I saw him play a couple time live and he dominates. Considering Neon Dion can't hit the net, I'm assuming T.O will use him on PP1. Also, with salary cap issues, T.O will be looking good for buy-out situations dramatically improving their squad for years to come.....Or are you afraid of Riley hurting Gardiner's playing time?
    Yahoo - 10 keeper league + Rookie - G/A/PPP/+-/PIM/GWG/Shots/ W/Sav%/GA/SO....

Parise, Nash, Stewart, Kesler, Spezza, Brown, Pavelski, Couture

Halak, Crawford, Rask

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    What your problem with Gardiner? The team? I saw him play a couple time live and he dominates. Considering Neon Dion can't hit the net, I'm assuming T.O will use him on PP1. Also, with salary cap issues, T.O will be looking good for buy-out situations dramatically improving their squad for years to come.....Or are you afraid of Riley hurting Gardiner's playing time?
    Don't see Gardiner displacing Phaneuf on the PP. Yes, Rielly will be a competition but likely not for a couple of years. To me Gardiner is not a top offensive d-man and the other three - OEL, Fault and Boyle - are all better than him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

what are the best forwards available in the first round? It seems like you can get premium D in the first round based on the list you gave me leading me to believe you should keep Galy.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would easily take Galchenyuk if those quality defenseman will still be available later on. Schultz could be a product of his NHL teammates still (Arcobello is top 15 in AHL points this year too, almost entirely because he gets dragged along by Hall/Eberle)

Faulk, Gardiner, OEL (him in particular) have already played in the NHL and could all be better players than Schultz.

Easy choice if it was me. Galchenyuk with your league setup and ability grab equal talent later on.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I would easily take Galchenyuk if those quality defenseman will still be available later on. Schultz could be a product of his NHL teammates still (Arcobello is top 15 in AHL points this year too, almost entirely because he gets dragged along by Hall/Eberle)

Faulk, Gardiner, OEL (him in particular) have already played in the NHL and could all be better players than Schultz.

Easy choice if it was me. Galchenyuk with your league setup and ability grab equal talent later on.
    I'm as big of a Schultz fan as one will find (perhaps b/c I've got him in two keeper pools), but this is spot on.

Galchenyuk looks to be a legit top-tier talent.

Schultz very well may put up big numbers in Edm (great teammates, etc, etc), and I think he will....but Galchenyuk is the better choice here.

Dobber Sports Stud

Galchenyuk for me, and draft one of the other available D when it's your turn to pick again.

If you have no plans to keep the D you draft, I would take Boyle if your considering drafting a D as a keeper option than OEL is the way to go. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Schultz drop below OEL though.