View Poll Results: Who would you take as your 4th Keeper D, Behind Doughty/Phaneuf/Edler?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Kulikov

1 20.00%
  • My B. Smith

0 0%
  • Trade For OEL (Likely Lose Carter and one of above)

4 80.00%
  • Other (please explain below?)

0 0%

Thread: Essentially his OEL for my CARTER

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Essentially his OEL for my CARTER

My squad has been bantered around in the Forwards and Defence forums, and as such, I've been faced with the real possibility that perhaps I should make a move for OEL.

Are we really looking at the next 50 to 60 point swedish elite defencemen in the next year or two?

You can see my team below...

Appears Carter is on the outside looking in (which pains me to say) behind Tavares and Granlund (at Center) and Voracek and Yakupov holding down my Utility spots.

There is no way I want to drop him for nothing.

What do you guys think of this offer.

My Jeff Carter and Brenden Smith (hang on to Kulikov just in case)
    for
    His OEL and one of Hodgson, B. Schenn, Stastny or Lecavalier? (not sure if he'd enteratin ANY of this Centers...but at the end of the day, it would be OEL I'd want as my 4th Defender behind Doughty, Phaneuf and Edler (Edging out Kulikov slightly).

Thoughts? Does this make sense...or am I off base? Maybe I'm over valueing Granlund and should move him...keeping Carter behind J.T. After all...my youth movement is starting to pay off with HALL, RYAN and J.T. starting to pay dividends and Yakupov on their heels.

Don't want to make a move for the sake of making a move.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    My Jeff Carter and Brenden Smith

(His OEL and B. Schenn )
    Most definitely I would do this. Carter seems lost at times and disinterested. OEL >> Smith. Schenn is ripping the AHL a new A-hole right now. I'd love to grab him. Do not move or think about moving Grandlund. Yaks will be ready to go when this lockout is over. Get him primed to take one of your spots. Good luck
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would try everything to land OEL because IMO heŽll be or already is a very special player, and yes, i think we are indeed looking at the next 50 - 60 point swedish elite D. I like Smith and the opportunities heŽll get, but hasnŽt shown anything yet so iŽd take OEL over him any day of the week.

I donŽt think you are over valueing granlund as he should be fantasyrelevant as soon as a season starts, and give him a year or two - heŽll be a beast IMO. His upside is just insane. He is one of my favorites, so i might be over valueing him too, but i really think heŽll be awesome.
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post
    50 - 60 point swedish elite D.
    I would temper expectations a little here. A) Yandle is still a member of the yotes. B) OEL is not just gifted offensively, he is equally talented defensively and I think he will be counted on to log big-time shut down minutes and hence see a reduction in his yearly point totals. In this regard, he reminds me of Carlson. Could explode but depends on how the coaches want to use him. Putting up 50-60 points in the NHL is no cake walk. I would temper expectations for OEL at 40-48 points in the coming years. If Yandle moves, then look out. Maybe they won't take him off the ice

Dobber Sports Pro

Is this like the 3rd thread in as many days on this subject?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I would temper expectations a little here. A) Yandle is still a member of the yotes. B) OEL is not just gifted offensively, he is equally talented defensively and I think he will be counted on to log big-time shut down minutes and hence see a reduction in his yearly point totals. In this regard, he reminds me of Carlson. Could explode but depends on how the coaches want to use him. Putting up 50-60 points in the NHL is no cake walk. I would temper expectations for OEL at 40-48 points in the coming years. If Yandle moves, then look out. Maybe they won't take him off the ice
    Makes a lot of sense. I guess I haven't seen enough of OEL personally to feel this same praise as so many others in past threads. If I look at his Yahoo Fantasy numbers per my cats below over the past 2 years...he's been at par with guys like Leddy and actually well below Kulikov (if Kuli had a full season unders his belt).

So I guess I fear making a jump a this perceived golden boy when maybe I have the answer in Kulikov or Smith as my #4? I'm all up for moving Carter if it makes sense...but is OEL enough of an upgrade over my current 4 Keeper D to warrant moving Carter for him?

So many people hyped Hedman, Myers, Bogosian, McBain and even Larsson in year 1 NJ...and they all seem to be GREAT NHL Defencemen...but not the greatest Fantasy D's. I'd hate to do the same with OEL and give up on Kulikov when maybe he's the best player for my team?

But I'd also hate to miss the boat on OEL

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Makes a lot of sense. I guess I haven't seen enough of OEL personally to feel this same praise as so many others in past threads. If I look at his Yahoo Fantasy numbers per my cats below over the past 2 years...he's been at par with guys like Leddy and actually well below Kulikov (if Kuli had a full season unders his belt).

So I guess I fear making a jump a this perceived golden boy when maybe I have the answer in Kulikov or Smith as my #4? I'm all up for moving Carter if it makes sense...but is OEL enough of an upgrade over my current 4 Keeper D to warrant moving Carter for him?

So many people hyped Hedman, Myers, Bogosian, McBain and even Larsson in year 1 NJ...and they all seem to be GREAT NHL Defencemen...but not the greatest Fantasy D's. I'd hate to do the same with OEL and give up on Kulikov when maybe he's the best player for my team?

But I'd also hate to miss the boat on OEL
    Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't hesitate in moving one of Smith or Kuli for OEL. I'd jump on it if I were you. Kuli is behind Campbell for now and Kronwall will be running the show in DET. If Yandle is dealt, look out, here comes OEL. YES OEL is an upgrade over both as per above.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Is this like the 3rd thread in as many days on this subject?
    Yep. Don't think anything has changed.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...