Thread: 11/2/11 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default 11/2/11 - Studs & Duds

Fairly slow night in the NHL so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Studs

3) En-Relief - Jhonas Enroth stepped in to relieve Ryan Miller and stopped all 15 shots he faced. Unfortunately, the team in front of him only manage to get 2 past Bryz.

2) Standing Tall in the Desert - Mike Smith stopped an incredible 39 of 40 tonight for the win, first star status, and a sparkling SV% of .975.

1) More Than a Throw-in - virtually considered a throw-in for the Beauchemin trade, Lupul experienced some success at the end of last season and it's an understatement to say it's carried through to this year. He notched a hattrick against the Devils tonight, giving him 8 goals in 12 games.

Duds

3) Negative Nancy - One (yes, only one) Devil came out of tonight's bout with a plus rating, and that was Brad Mills who played a mere 6 minutes. The rest of the team was either even or in the minus and Tallinder posted a team worst -3 rating.

2) Milling on the Bench - Miller was pulled against the Flyers just a few minutes in, the third fastest he's ever been pulled. He allowed 3 goals on just 11 shots and posted a SV% of .727.

1) At Least You Had One Good Stop... - Brodeur was awful most of tonight's game, initially allowing 5 goals on a mere 14 shots. He did however make a remarkable save, arguably the best of the season, on Phil Kessel and from that point on shut the door. However, that certainly doesn't make up for his .783 SV%.

That's all for tonight!
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; November 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

hard to believe that Miller and Brodeur would ever be a part of the duds section on the same night.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Sage

Your right Brodeur was awful tonight, but that save I don't think we will see a sicker one all year...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

That's what you get for poking fun at me and Luongo in your rep message from your Harding thread!

Enjoy Brodeur's albatross numbers for the week!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That's what you get for poking fun at me and Luongo in your rep message from your Harding thread!

Enjoy Brodeur's albatross numbers for the week!
    I don't need goalie cats to win my match up :P

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I don't need goalie cats to win my match up :P
    If my opponent this week wins the goalie categories with friggin Bobrovsky as his #1 I'm gonna be effing pissed!

Edit: Oh never mind. Just realized he has Smith so I'm already losing. D'oh.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    If my opponent this week wins the goalie categories with friggin Bobrovsky as his #1 I'm gonna be effing pissed!

Edit: Oh never mind. Just realized he has Smith so I'm already losing. D'oh.
    Thus begins b0ndon's crash and burn in the UHL. From undefeated to missing playoffs :P