Thread: Studs & Duds - Monday, 2/4/13

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds - Monday, 2/4/13

Studs & Duds

STUDS

"Natural Disaster": It was just that for the home team as a damn hurricane swept through Toronto last night and left more than a few Leafs in the wind. Residents were warned that there was a hurricane sighting in the area, but they laughed it off until Jeff Skinner went all Applejacks on that @$$, helping Jordan Staal and Patrick Dwyer both collect a goal and an assist on the night. Skinner could have had 4, maybe 5pts. He was an absolute demon on the ice! Both Eric Staal and the pitbull, Justin Faulk, also scored a goal. Cam must have been listening to Jay-Z and Kanye West before the game because he went H.A.M., finishing the game with 41 saves for the bounce back win.

Sorry, Toronto. Big Red chewed you up by throwing a House Party, Kid-n-Play style, at your place. I did a post-game interview with the Staal brothers and asked them: "What happened tonight?" They replied: "Don't know. We invited the entire Maple Leafs squad, but no one showed up!" OUCH! Thems fightin' words!!

"Benjamin Benn": Since getting the money, he's been MONEY! 2G and 1A last night with a GWG. Yeah, he's ready.

"Fasth-N-Furious": Well, Hello Mr. Fasth! I see you're fresh off a Viktory over one of the league's hotter teams, the San Jose Sharks. What's that? You've started 3 games now and have a 3-0-0 record with a 1.30GAA .946sv%. Yeah, that's sneaky good. Hey, I saw you step out and challenge Marleau with the poke check. That was plain stupid! I'm very impressed and intrigued by your mental makeup.

Now for the furious... Mike Smith! Since returning from injury, he's done nothing but post a shut out and follow that attempt by stopping 21 of 22 shots, posting a .955sv%. Was last year a fluke or is this guy setting the table for a repeat performance?

Honorable Mention:

Mr. Chris Tanev. It's one thing to score on your 1st NHL shot. It's another thing all together for it to be a GWG! How many players can say they've done that in their career?

Duds

"Feel Kessel?": Can someone post a "Is Phil Kessel for real?" thread in one the forums here because I can't believe what I am seeing? 4pts in 8GP, and the points are ALL assists!!! You have one of the most wicked shots in the NHL and this is what you give your owners! It's time to get dirty Phil for some goals, Phil. I guess it could be worse for your owners. They could have traded you Seguin. Oh, shame on you if you did. :/

"I'm a Lu-ser baby, so why don't you..." No, not you Lu. You won last night. The Schneider owners were the biggest loosers as they watched you start your 3rd game in a row which, of course, ended with a W. How frustrating? Is the Luongo/Schneider Canuckdrum back? Are you being showcased for other teams or is this another audition for Vancouver? Tell the truth, the 'nucks can't move your contract and you're going nowhere. With prospects like Lack and Cannata, CS is really the odd man out, isn't he? C'mon, you can tell us. We, the people of the Dobber faithful, won't tell anyone. We'll only discuss it here.

"Mr. Consistently Inconsistent": If he could play half of his games 100% of the time, I swear Matt Duchene would be half man half amazing most of the time. Is he a better NHL player than a fantasy player? I don't know. It's too early to tell, but if Kessel is Fool's Gold tonight, Matt is worthy of a bronzing after going scorless with a -2 while watching Jamie Benn's heroics. Take notes Matt. Take notes!!!

Well, it was fun. See you guys next week. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

One.
    Last edited by One87; February 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Icon

"Mr. Chris Tanev. It's one thing to score on your 1st NHL shot. It's another thing all together for it to be a GWG! How many players can say they've done that in their career?"

What? That may have been Tanev's first NHL goal but it was definitely not his first NHL shot. He played in 25 games in the 2010/11 season plus 29 games last season while picking up 30 shots in those years. He also had shots this year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    "Mr. Chris Tanev. It's one thing to score on your 1st NHL shot. It's another thing all together for it to be a GWG! How many players can say they've done that in their career?"

What? That may have been Tanev's first NHL goal but it was definitely not his first NHL shot. He played in 25 games in the 2010/11 season plus 29 games last season while picking up 30 shots in those years. He also had shots this year.
    Aw hell, I guess the whole thing is no good now.

W:

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    "I'm a Lu-ser baby, so why don't you..." No, not you Lu. You won last night. The Schneider owners were the biggest loosers as they watched you start your 3rd game in a row...
    Make that his fourth in a row. This happy Lu owner's been keeping track!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Make that his fourth in a row. This happy Lu owner's been keeping track!
    Yes, 4th in a row. Sorry about that. I had a couple errors here, pushing in the AM hours to get this up after work, knowing I wouldn't have the time to do so today. Still the same, Lu has looked good to say the least.

W: