Thread: [Trailer] After Earth

Administrator

Default [Trailer] After Earth

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/after-...170245149.html

Gotta say this new flick with Will Smith and his son looks like it could be really good. You know it's going to be playing up the 3D angle huge but unlike Avatar this movie might actually be good.

#fingerscrossed
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

At first glance I thought you were speaking about Earth Abides and I was excited that they were making a movie out of it!

Then I watched the trailer ...

Not sure what the movie is really about but I guess we'll see.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looks ok... nothing mindblowing

I wish I had a high-powered celebrity father to get me starring roles in hollywood movies despite my shitty acting talents...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Synopsis: "A crash landing leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his legendary father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape. With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien creature that escaped during the crash. Father and son must learn to work together and trust one another if they want any chance of returning home."

If it's not another "I Am Legend" it could be cool.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I wish I had a high-powered celebrity father to get me starring roles in hollywood movies despite my shitty acting talents...
    Name for me another child actor who could have pulled off that role in the new Karate Kid. Haven't seen the kid in anything else but I give mad props for that one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Name for me another child actor who could have pulled off that role in the new Karate Kid. Haven't seen the kid in anything else but I give mad props for that one.
    Are you kidding me? He was crap in Karate Kid... in fact that entire movie was crap in general

Not trying to be racist, but if he wasn't Will/Jada's son... there's no way in hell any other black kid could have landed that role.

That was almost as awkward as Tom Cruise being casted as Jack Reacher.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I have not seen the new Karate Kid but doesn't any question that starts with "Name for me another child actor who" always need to be answered with Macaulay Culkin?

Administrator

Are you kidding me? He was crap in Karate Kid... in fact that entire movie was crap in general

Not trying to be racist, but if he wasn't Will/Jada's son... there's no way in hell any other black kid could have landed that role.

That was almost as awkward as Tom Cruise being casted as Jack Reacher.
    The quality of that movie aside, I thought the kid was pretty good, especially with regard to the physical acting necessary to play the part.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have not seen the new Karate Kid but doesn't any question that starts with "Name for me another child actor who" always need to be answered with Macaulay Culkin?
    That answer is untouchable, just like Macaulay Culkin's career from 1990-1992. Those Home Alone movies were a pillar of my childhood.

Dobber Sports Pro

Watched the trailer earlier today...looks really good, I was impressed for sure.

Tend to agree w/ blayze. Jaden's performance in The Day the Earth Stood Still seemed very forced to me. I know he's a kid, and ya gotta give him the benefit of the doubt but I would agree that but for his parents, there's no way he's landing these high profile roles so early in his career.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I always thought 'who you know' was the key element for any child actor though. None of them are really that good.

I always thought 'who you know' was the key element for any child actor though. None of them are really that good.
    Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver? Natalie Portman in the Professional? Exceptional performances both.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Isn't that to be expected though? It's totally unreasonable to expect a child to have mastered a craft such as acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver? Natalie Portman in the Professional? Exceptional performances both.
    Agreed. I would say these performances (and ones like them) would be the exception.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...