Thread: 3/15/12 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 3/15/12 - Studs & Duds

Can't do the late games but I"ll try to add on in the morning if I've got some time! Feel free to chime in if you'd like!

Studs

Senators steal the top spot in the Northeast! - Given the Bruins recent struggles, the Ottawa Senators have managed to sneak into second place in the East. While the Bruins have two games in hand, this is quite the accomplishment for the Sens. Bishop had a very easy night only seeing 14 shots, making 13 saves. Filip Kuba scored the game winner and now has five points in his last five games.

Lookin' Sharp there bud - Patrick Sharp provided the Hawks with a much needed pick me up scoring two goals including the game winner. Sharp added a team high eight shots on goal and now has 28 on the season. Marian Hossa also scored his 28th goal on the year, and Corey Crawford finally had a good start stopping 21/22.

Big Fugly goes Big! - Lost in the shuffle in all the Erik Karlsson hype this season is big Dustin Byfuglien, who scored the game winner and added an assist. Buff now has 46 points in 55 games, which is on pace for 69 points in a full 82.

Duds

I completely forgot Adam Pardy was still in the league - But he went a team-worst minus-three in the Stars' 4-1 loss to the Hawks. Lehtonen was less than stellar posting 27 saves in the loss.

Shooting blanks - Alex Semin along with John Carlson, Karl Alzner, and Jason Chimera all went a team-worst minus-two.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I completely forgot Adam Pardy was still in the league - But he went a team-worst minus-three in the Stars' 4-1 loss to the Hawks. Lehtonen was less than stellar posting 27 saves in the loss.
    Adam Pardy is still in the league???

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Adam Pardy is still in the league???
    I KNOW right?

I don't know why but I was always under the impression he was like 40....not so.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I KNOW right?

I don't know why but I was always under the impression he was like 40....not so.
    I was just under the impression that he sucks. Your article confirms my thoughts.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust