Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brutal Calls...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brutal Calls...

There have been quite a few brutal goaltender interference calls this weekend! wow.

Anyone watching the OTT - MTL game? That second Ottawa goal getting waved off is a joke. Just awful.
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Administrator

They also blew a couple calls in the 2nd period. Not a good day for them.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Default MON - OTT game

Great game so far, lots of energy and the goalies are both standing on their heads and its great to see the Habs bounce back in this one after a really lackluster effort last meeting.

But the ****ing refs seem determined to ruin this game for some stupid reason...just TERRIBLE officiating in this one. They call Silfverberg for goalie interference? WTF was that nonense? And then earlier in the 2nd my favorite all-time call, you call one guy for tripping and the other guy for diving...**** that shit, that's the dumbest combo ever imagined. Its either a freakin trip (which it was) or its a dive, it can't be both. The league really needs to address this incompetence before the playoffs

Banned

hahaha, great minds think alike, I 'just' created a thread about the exact same thing: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=145033

could a mod please merge em for us? much thanks

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Great game so far, lots of energy and the goalies are both standing on their heads and its great to see the Habs bounce back in this one after a really lackluster effort last meeting.

But the ****ing refs seem determined to ruin this game for some stupid reason...just TERRIBLE officiating in this one. They call Silfverberg for goalie interference? WTF was that nonense? And then earlier in the 2nd my favorite all-time call, you call one guy for tripping and the other guy for diving...**** that shit, that's the dumbest combo ever imagined. Its either a freakin trip (which it was) or its a dive, it can't be both. The league really needs to address this incompetence before the playoffs
    The problem is it wasn't a dive at all. And the Gorges phantom boarding call was awful.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The problem is it wasn't a dive at all. And the Gorges phantom boarding call was awful.
    Didn't see the dive one but I saw the boarding call and that was absolutely idiotic lmao.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    that's my point...I don't understand how you can 'dive' when your opponent jams his stick between your legs and trips you up, its a garbage call and they need to remove that from the rules completely. Its one or the other, it can't be both

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like how the players just walk over to the box and don't even argue it. Break a stick or something at least, show the ref you're pissed, swear at him a few times.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last night BOS vs. TOR was a bad goaltender interference call. Kadri plants himself just outside the goalie crease. Rask stands next to him and a Boston player shoves Kadri right into Rask. Rask obviously can't make the save and the goal gets waived off. If you're dumb enough to push an opposing player into your own goalie you shouldn't be rewarded for it.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Icon

Dammit that was brutal...Price was outside the paint and Silf never even touched him!!! plus he got 2mins for that!!!

B-R-U-T-A-L
    Last edited by finnys_fanatsy; February 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM. Reason: so upset my spelling was way off

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Dammit that was brutal...Price was outside the paint and Silf never even touched him!!! plus he got 2mins for that!!!

B-R-U-T-A-L
    yeah I agree...that was so bad it gave me flashbacks to the old 'crease rule' days

Banned

Honestly not even mad about this, I actually find it hilarious. Just typical Montreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRjG...ature=youtu.be

Dobber Sports Icon

not sure whats worse, the goal called back or the 2 minute penalty for Goaltender Interference?

pretty sure i would have been OK with the recalled goal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, the officiating this year is the worst I ever remember seeing. EVER. I've been watching NHL hockey since the 1979-80 season. Yeah, it's that bad.

Why on Earth does the NHL want to focus on certain penalties (often at the expense of nearly all others) at the start of EVERY season!? Just give them a pep talk and let them call the game as they see fit. If they F up, then quietly (cause they would never do this publicly) call them up on the carpet to let them know they F'd up.

How about a little consistency in those slashing/hooking calls where the talking heads tell us that when the stick goes horizontal and makes contact, then it's a penalty. Yeah, but 98 times out of 100, they don't call it! It's either a penalty or it's not. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a cheapy called and then the rest of the game, players can whack away without penalty. It must be confusing to the players, I know it is to the fans watching.

I realize that they are human as well, but when your bosses are constantly looking over your shoulder, you get a little nervous and maybe are a little afraid to be yourself/call your game. Right now it's a shit show. They definitely need to get this right before the playoffs.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Honestly not even mad about this, I actually find it hilarious. Just typical Montreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRjG...ature=youtu.be
    WTF? why exactly is it 'typical Montreal' Ev?

Yeah it was a terrible call, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Habs fan who wouldn't at say it was at very least 'chintzy', but what does Montreal have to do with it? Its not like we have home town refs for allthe games or something...hell one ref was from Toronto, the other from Detroit, how do you figure? And how do you figure with the horrible diving call on Boullion? I just don't understand this comment at all