Thread: Read or Voracek?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Read or Voracek?

Which Philly RWer would you want?

Stats similar to league in sig (minus blocks).

Voracek seems to come into each season with a ton of promise, yet continues to disappoint each year. His ice time has dropped...while Read's seems to be climbing.

I currently own Voracek...considering dropping him for Read?
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would take Voracek. He's got more of a pedigree and I think he will be better. It's early.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Genius

I would keep Voracek. He is the more talented player. I would wait at least a couple of more games before dropping him. Let him get used to playing in the NHL again.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Administrator

Read for the win! Voracek is all sizzle, no steak. As I've continued to say, Voracek can't shoot. He has good size, and obvious skill but he's a poor shooter and isn't consistent in getting to the dirty areas, winning battles and scoring goals. If you play with a play maker like Giroux you need to be able to shoot. Read is tenacious and is a good shooter. If I had to bet he's going to hang onto that top line RW spot. I didn't get a chance to mention his presence in my Cage Match article last week but I really was wondering why he wasn't getting a shot on that line when clearly neither Schenn nor Voracek was working perfectly. I'm hoping Read sticks on that top line permanently.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Voracek for me.

Dobber Sports Genius

Read for me.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Read for last week, Voracek for future.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Read for the win! Voracek is all sizzle, no steak. As I've continued to say, Voracek can't shoot. He has good size, and obvious skill but he's a poor shooter and isn't consistent in getting to the dirty areas, winning battles and scoring goals. If you play with a play maker like Giroux you need to be able to shoot. Read is tenacious and is a good shooter. If I had to bet he's going to hang onto that top line RW spot. I didn't get a chance to mention his presence in my Cage Match article last week but I really was wondering why he wasn't getting a shot on that line when clearly neither Schenn nor Voracek was working perfectly. I'm hoping Read sticks on that top line permanently.
    Yes, yes and yes.

I think Voracek is great but he's not working on the line with Giroux. He doesn't shoot, he's not a go-getter or a real hard worker. Read, on the other hand, is the opposite.

I'll be REALLY surprised to see what they do with Read in a year and a half. My guess? They get rid of Voracek in a package for a D-man or Bobby Ryan and resign Read long term.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would take read

voracek wouldnt be the first player drafted by columbus that had tons of promise but just couldnt put it all together

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'll go... Read.
    I've hitched my wagon to the Voracek train plenty of times... he's just not clicking.
    Read seems to have enough hockey sense to at least be able to adapt to his linemates.
    I think I've evaluated Read too low in previous looks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Chillin View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.

I think Voracek is great but he's not working on the line with Giroux. He doesn't shoot, he's not a go-getter or a real hard worker. Read, on the other hand, is the opposite.

I'll be REALLY surprised to see what they do with Read in a year and a half. My guess? They get rid of Voracek in a package for a D-man or Bobby Ryan and resign Read long term.
    Still lots of time for Voracek to prove his worth but I could see them trying to pawn him off just for the cap space to take a run at Perry this summer. There's also the reality that Timonen's huge cap hit comes off the books this summer. I'd imagine they want to bring him back but at a discount so the Flyers could have more flexibility than we might imagine.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Still lots of time for Voracek to prove his worth but I could see them trying to pawn him off just for the cap space to take a run at Perry this summer. There's also the reality that Timonen's huge cap hit comes off the books this summer. I'd imagine they want to bring him back but at a discount so the Flyers could have more flexibility than we might imagine.
    All of my friends say I'm crazy when I bring up signing/trading players.

"Where do you guys get all the cap space from?"
    "You're worse than a Leafs fan."

But the reality is, Holmgren, for better or for worse, is an aggressive GM. There is no doubt in my mind he kicked tires on Luongo, that he inquired about Subban and that he will (if given the chance) send one hell of an offer to Perry this summer. If that means getting rid of Voracek, so be it.

I can see him buying out Briere, and to a lesser extent Bryz if things go sour, this summer while either re-signing Timonen for a small cap hit or letting him walk and then putting Pronger on LTIR. That frees up well over 15 million in Cap sapce (without buying out Bryz) to sign Perry or do whatever. And next years cap is 64.3 million, so we only need to drop 5.7 million to comply.

What a lot of people don't get is that Holmgren has the biggest balls among the NHL GMs and that he comes with a seemingly unlimited supply of cash and pressure from Snider. That means big things.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Giant

I would take Voracek. id bet he ends up on the top line.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO