Thread: Rinne, Crawford or Quick (Tade help pls!!)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Rinne, Crawford or Quick (Tade help pls!!)

So...made an offer of

Rinne, Voracek and Selanne
    for
    Quick, Clarkson and Souray

(Essentially it's Rinne and Voracek for Quick and Clarkson as the later 2 really will not have a bearing on this season or into the future for my keepers). Voracek is quite the price to pay over Clarkson to acquire quick...I get that, but I really like quick and have some depth to play with after a good draft.

Not expecting much, he wrote back and said...and I quote:

"Need a better offer for Quick. Take Selanne out and add Hall, Perry or Van Riemsdyk and we might have something to talk about."

Now Hall and Perry are deal breakers for sure, but JVR...as good as he is, he was not a keeper last year and if Semin ever gets going, may not be a keeper for me at the end of this year.

My Question...

How would you rank the following Goalies

Quick
    Rinne
    Crawford

I thought maybe I could adjust the deal slightly and include

Rinne or Crawford + Voracek + JVR
    for
    Quick + Clarkson + a depth player for me this year (Maybe not Souray) but perhaps a Bickell, Gonchar, Tyutin, Cogliano or Orpik.

Thoughts?

My RW depth would then shift from
    Perry, Yakupov, Voracek, Semin (LW), Dupuis(LW), Downie(LW), Selanne
    to
    Perry, Yakupov, Semin(LW), Clarkson, Dupuis(LW), DOwnie(LW), Selanne

and My LW from
    Hall, Semin(RW), JVR, Perron, Dupuis(RW), Downie(RW), Tlusty,
    to
    Hall, Semin(RW), Perron, Dupuis(RW), Downie(RW), Tlusty,

plus who ever I get as fill in.

And Tenders from
    Rinne, Crawford, Pavelec
    to
    Quick, (Crawford or Rinne) and Pavelec

May be a steep price, but how much am I losing in Voracek (who continues to line bounce and may end up in a Bruins situation with more balanced scoring lines) when I have up and coming Yakupov (and Clarkson to keep his spot warm). Plus...JVR was my 1st over all pick this year (15th round)...but I really like what Perron can do and there's a chance JVR wouldn't even be kept.

Help me out boys please.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I guess if I had to sum up my bottom line question...which 3 some would you want more?

Current - Rinne, Crawford, Pavelec
    Move 1 - Quick, Crawford, Pavelec
    Move 2 - Quick, Rinne, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No one willing to bite on this?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Last chance...Bump

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I guess if I had to sum up my bottom line question...which 3 some would you want more?

Current - Rinne, Crawford, Pavelec
    Move 1 - Quick, Crawford, Pavelec
    Move 2 - Quick, Rinne, Pavelec
    I'd prefer Quick, Crawford and Pavelec. [Pavelec is in all three situations, so he is irrelevant.] Given that all are signed long term, my gut says to go with the two best teams: LA and Chicago.

With respect to your potential deal: Rinne + Voracek + JVR for Quick + Clarkson + a depth player.

It seems steep, and I think I'd only consider it if I was sure that JVR was not a keeper. Otherwise, you are giving up two keepers to get an upgrade in goal, and it's not a homerun upgrade.

It's difficult to answer this post (for me anyways) for two reasons:

1) the original post is so long, it gets hard to follow; and

2) I'm not entirely certain how important this trade is to you this year versus the future.

So there is a bit of guess work; tried my best here.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd prefer Quick, Crawford and Pavelec. [Pavelec is in all three situations, so he is irrelevant.] Given that all are signed long term, my gut says to go with the two best teams: LA and Chicago.

With respect to your potential deal: Rinne + Voracek + JVR for Quick + Clarkson + a depth player.

It seems steep, and I think I'd only consider it if I was sure that JVR was not a keeper. Otherwise, you are giving up two keepers to get an upgrade in goal, and it's not a homerun upgrade.

It's difficult to answer this post (for me anyways) for two reasons:

1) the original post is so long, it gets hard to follow; and

2) I'm not entirely certain how important this trade is to you this year versus the future.

So there is a bit of guess work; tried my best here.

Good luck.
    Good constructive criticism. Thanks man. Needed to pull the reigns on my thoughts. Think it through first and post the key points. Thanks. JVR is doubtfully a keeper for me btw

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Good constructive criticism. Thanks man. Needed to pull the reigns on my thoughts. Think it through first and post the key points. Thanks. JVR is doubtfully a keeper for me btw
    OK, that helps make the trade more palatable for me.

Next question: will the trade, including JVR, potentially cost you a shot at ending up 'in the money' this year?

If the answer is no (i.e. you can still place in the money this year, or you don't see yourself as competitive either way), then I'd be cool with the trade.

Again, hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

[QUOTE=als_revenge;1208320]I'd prefer Quick, Crawford and Pavelec. [Pavelec is in all three situations, so he is irrelevant.] Given that all are signed long term, my gut says to go with the two best teams: LA and Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    OK, that helps make the trade more palatable for me.

Next question: will the trade, including JVR, potentially cost you a shot at ending up 'in the money' this year?

If the answer is no (i.e. you can still place in the money this year, or you don't see yourself as competitive either way), then I'd be cool with the trade.

Again, hope this helps.
    Actually, the only keeper that I'd be losing from my 3rd place money team is voracek. Honestly I'm banking on yakupov taking the place of voracek. So really, I don't believe, with my depth, this move would negatively impact my chances this year. Just need to find a new forward keeper. Have all season to do that!

The Great One

With all that context, yes - I can now see how that trade makes sense for you.

At first glance, it looks a bit lopsided against you.

But context (and attention to league details) is everything.

Best of luck.