Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Youngblood's Prospect Q Thread

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Youngblood's Prospect Q Thread

Hey Dobberites,

I have not been as active as I would like to be on these boards mostly because I have been busy with writing assignments and on the road a lot watching puck but I am making it my goal to increase my activity here.

In saying that, I would like to open up a Q & A on any prospects that you may want opinions on or fantasy advice on.

I am pretty well versed in most North American leagues (especially in OHL, WHL, QMJHL) and I will attempt to answer all questions...

Go ahead and fire your prospect questions here...I will get to them as soon as I can

Dobber Sports Deity

I will ask you a generic question, not necessarily towards one player but the draft as a whole.

How would you compare this upcoming draft compared to previous ones as far as depth goes? It has been mentioned by many that this is a "deep" draft but realistically and in your opinion, what are your thoughts on this upcoming draft? Is it one to get excited about?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

What are your thought on Justin Bailey? Saw a couple of Rangers games and he really impressed me. He's been hot lately.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I will ask you a generic question, not necessarily towards one player but the draft as a whole.

How would you compare this upcoming draft compared to previous ones as far as depth goes? It has been mentioned by many that this is a "deep" draft but realistically and in your opinion, what are your thoughts on this upcoming draft? Is it one to get excited about?
    I know it seems like it's said every year but the 2013 draft class has the potential to be one of the best ever (next to the 2005 class). It is very deep in the top end of the draft, meaning that a player a team will get in the early/mid second round, would normally be ranked in the first round.

As with most drafts, it is very difficult to project how it will fold past the 4th and 5th rounds but the opening three rounds are very intriguing.

I absolutely love the top 15 of this draft class. In any other year (including last years), players I have ranked in the 1-15 range (and maybe even further...up to 20) would be considered top 10 talents. It's exciting.

Thanks for the Q

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What are your thought on Justin Bailey? Saw a couple of Rangers games and he really impressed me. He's been hot lately.
    Evan, I really really like Bailey. It's a bit worrisome how much he has battled injuries in his short career but his talents that are unique to him (ridiculous shot and creativity) are some of the best in the draft. Bailey's shot is something to marvel at. Luckily, I have been able to catch Bailey four times live this season and in three of those showings I walked away impressed. He's a player with first round talent and a team might like his skill set enough to take a flier on him late in round one ...but more likely a mid 2nd round pick.

With the Rangers a true playoff contender, Bailey has the chance to improve his draft stock. He just needs to stay in the lineup and simply score goals.

Kerby Rychel is a player known for his scoring prowess in the 2013 draft and he's ranked mid-late 1st by most scouting organizations but I could see a player like Justin Bailey becoming a better NHLer.

He's one of the true "wildcards" of the draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am happy to take the opportunity to ask you a question.

One defensive prospect highly regarded on DobberHockey is Stefan Elliott, which I have in my farm team.

But this season his start was horrible in the AHL (0 points in the first 20-30 games I believe), but now he hasn't even played for a month (injury perhaps?).

Do you think he will turn things around? And does he still have that elite offensive talent for the NHL?
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I know it seems like it's said every year but the 2013 draft class has the potential to be one of the best ever (next to the 2005 class). It is very deep in the top end of the draft, meaning that a player a team will get in the early/mid second round, would normally be ranked in the first round.

As with most drafts, it is very difficult to project how it will fold past the 4th and 5th rounds but the opening three rounds are very intriguing.

I absolutely love the top 15 of this draft class. In any other year (including last years), players I have ranked in the 1-15 range (and maybe even further...up to 20) would be considered top 10 talents. It's exciting.

Thanks for the Q
    Interesting to hear your take on this as I literally just read an article saying that most scouts thought this class wasn't near as strong as it initially looked to be and that outside of the top-10 most teams would be looking at 3rd/4th line players.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Got a couple of question a out guys on my farm

Krill kabanov- does he still have top 6 potiential and might we see him next season
    Tyler Graovac- tearing it up, will that translate to an NHL future
    Jared knight- when might we see him
    Brett bulmer- got injured and seems to have been passed by several prospects, had a good 9 game NHL tryout, what becomes of him?

Hope it's not to much
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thoughts on undrafted NCAA players Andrej Sustr, Mark Zengerle and Dan Dekeyser? Fantasy upside?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

fourth pick in the 2013 draft, only that draft class available.

Points only league

Goes MacKinnon, Druin, Jones. Who are you taking fourth in points only? Is Barkov the obvious answer?

I have fourth and fifth pick
    League: 10 team, points only, keep 20

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

D: Hedman, Subban, Letang, Carlson, Hamilton, Suter,

G: Schneider, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Vasilievsky

Dobber Sports Ace

Rank these prospects. Keep 3 count g,a,p,ppp,shp,sog,pim,hits,bs,FOW

Granlund (C)
    Grigorenko (C)
    Niedereitter (RW)
    Coyle (C,RW)
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Pro

What do you think of Jaskin in Moncton? Skating doesnt look that bad to me. Another hat trick last game.

Dobber Sports Stud

Do you see Kucherov having succes in the NHL? His numbers in the Q are looking pretty good. Who does he compare to in terms of style and upside?

Dobber Sports Sage

Braydon Point - Mouse Jaw. Can you give me an update on his progression. I have read everything from he is looking like a stud and top 10 pick despite of his size to he is playing like Sh**. So anything would be appriciated.

These 3 as well would be great Barbashev,Deangelo,Mckewon
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; February 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    I am happy to take the opportunity to ask you a question.

One defensive prospect highly regarded on DobberHockey is Stefan Elliott, which I have in my farm team.

But this season his start was horrible in the AHL (0 points in the first 20-30 games I believe), but now he hasn't even played for a month (injury perhaps?).

Do you think he will turn things around? And does he still have that elite offensive talent for the NHL?
    I will start by stating that I don't agree that he was ever a player with "elite" offensive talent. He is certainly a skilled offensive defenseman but I am hesitant to dub him with that title. He has certainly struggled to translate his scoring to the AHL after being a dominant WHL player but I wouldn't write him off completely yet. He has definitely been passed by Barrie (who I feel has a higher upside). Until we see some consistent production from Elliott at the AHL, I am not getting too excited about him. There have been a lot of defenseman that have had great junior success and then struggled to translate that to the pro game.