Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My MDZ for Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Star

Default My MDZ for Tarasenko

Make this offer? I like em both. Lots of D on the wire and such...

It's in the silly little league in my sig But it's a keeper! Weekly format. We have to play 1 rookie every week and I've got Huberdeau in there right now. He has a few extra rooks.

EDIT: I should explain the point system in my points league. Goals = 5, Assists = 2.5, PPP = 1, Shots = .25, Hits = .25, Blocks = .25

So for comparisons sake, MDZ was worth 252pts last year, Edler 291, Karlsson 369. Sharp 382, Callahan 359, Eriksson 330, etc
    Last edited by gfhyde; January 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd hold onto MDZ considering you already have Huberdeau for your rookie slot. Tarasenko as a regular player doesn't really outclass many of your forwards
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Ninja

No way dude, keep MDZ. He's got a monopoly on the Ranger's PP which should be sick this year. I'm expecting big things from him.

Dobber Sports Star

I like the way you two think. Thanks.

The guy is a real NYR homer, so I'm trying to think of what I could make a killing on
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    No way dude, keep MDZ. He's got a monopoly on the Ranger's PP which should be sick this year. I'm expecting big things from him.
    if by sick you mean anemic you are right

if you mean good not likely this is something that we have heard for years after every big name acquisition the pp will be better

the team had jagr and shanny the 6th and 18th best in powerplay goals all time and it was still medicore at best

it may be a different coach but same philosophy towards the pp which seems to be let them figure it out

the rangers powerplay will not be good until there is some kind strategy for the powerplay just adding players isnt going to get the job done

it hasnt in the past there is no reason to think it will in the future

they were supposed to get better with the addition of brad richards

in 10-11 they were 18th with 16.9% with brad richards added in 11-12 they were 23rd with 15.7%

until they get an assistant coach that knows something about the powerplay like i dont know say a brian leetch their powerplay might improve but it will not be sick

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    if by sick you mean anemic you are right

if you mean good not likely this is something that we have heard for years after every big name acquisition the pp will be better

the team had jagr and shanny the 6th and 18th best in powerplay goals all time and it was still medicore at best

it may be a different coach but same philosophy towards the pp which seems to be let them figure it out

the rangers powerplay will not be good until there is some kind strategy for the powerplay just adding players isnt going to get the job done

it hasnt in the past there is no reason to think it will in the future

they were supposed to get better with the addition of brad richards

in 10-11 they were 18th with 16.9% with brad richards added in 11-12 they were 23rd with 15.7%

until they get an assistant coach that knows something about the powerplay like i dont know say a brian leetch their powerplay might improve but it will not be sick
    ITITITU ..............

Dear Lucifer,
    Here are some capitals and periods for you to use, as it appears your computer has run out of them.

All the best,
    Smurf

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm wih this unless you're able to swing a 2 for 2 that works for you.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Master

Goal heavy league with shots and hits? If you can get Tarasenko for MDZ do it. He'll be a beast in that format. Of course, try and get more than just that, but I would be very happy with a straight up MDZ for Tarasenko trade.

Dobber Sports Star

Jesus,.Tarasenko is awesome out there. This is getting difficult lol I might look at a 2 for 2 but I dunno.
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Veteran

MDZ does not have a monopoly on the Rangers pp and even if he does I would not keep him over Tarasenko. MDZ is a fine D and he will get some points but he has been a disappointment ever since the second part of his rookie season. Tarasenko looks to be the real thing. He isn't getting points because of his line mates, he is making that line click. If you watch him, he is incredible out there. His shot is quick, he's strong as a tank and he makes plays happen. MDZ over Tarasenko? Uhhh...NO.

Go Tarasenko.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

i am guessing this isnt even a remote possibility anymore

i am not sure it was much of one to begin with

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think some of you need to take a tranquillizer. I'm high on Tarasenko as well (picked him up last night) but 2 games guys... it's been 2 games. We wouldn't be having this conversation last week.

A couple things:
    -MDZ DOES have a monopoly on the Rangers PP... who's going to take it away from him? Girardi? McDonaugh? Cause clearly they're knocking on the door with their offensive prowess right?
    -How has MDZ been a "disappointment"? 41 points last season, 10 points in 20 playoff games, and most importantly - his defensive game has substantially improved (+20 last season) which means the Torts will play him with more confidence... yeah tragically disappointing.

I personally have a lot of faith in MDZ... his past numbers aren't incredible by any means but I've been following him for a while and I think this is the year he breaks out. I drafted him in my own cash pool so I'm not here to blow smoke up your asses.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think some of you need to take a tranquillizer. I'm high on Tarasenko as well (picked him up last night) but 2 games guys... it's been 2 games. We wouldn't be having this conversation last week.

A couple things:
    -MDZ DOES have a monopoly on the Rangers PP... who's going to take it away from him? Girardi? McDonaugh? Cause clearly they're knocking on the door with their offensive prowess right?
    -How has MDZ been a "disappointment"? 41 points last season, 10 points in 20 playoff games, and most importantly - his defensive game has substantially improved (+20 last season) which means the Torts will play him with more confidence... yeah tragically disappointing.

I personally have a lot of faith in MDZ... his past numbers aren't incredible by any means but I've been following him for a while and I think this is the year he breaks out. I drafted him in my own cash pool so I'm not here to blow smoke up your asses.
    girardi and mcdonagh arent as horrible offensively as all that

girardi had 12 points in those same 20 playoff games that mdz had 10 in

mcdonagh had 34 even strength points last season which was good 7th among defensemen and only 4 points behind the number 2 guy

as far as +/- thats a dubious stat at best when determining defensive prowess after all girardi was only +13 last season he clearly isnt defensively worse than mdz is

mdz has a good +/- because with girardi and mcdonagh on the roster he gets sheltered minutes

look there is no question mdz has come a long way after falling down flat on his face and there is no doubt that the way that torts has to rely on girardi and mcdonagh for their defensive play they will not be getting any of mdzs pp time

he will most likely be a consistent 40-45 guy who flirts occasionally with 50

to me the decision for this would be based on team needs as i dont see mdz a slam dunk over tarasenko in an absolute sense

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Veteran

MDZ didn't always play the first pp last year. At times, when he was struggling, he was replaced by Girardi.

And I know it has been two game. But have you seen him play? And we are talking about what player fits for the thread creator;s stats for his league. Do you not think that Tarasenko will get more hits and more goals than MDZ? That's why Tarasenko is a no brainer imo.

Goals = 5, Assists = 2.5, PPP = 1, Shots = .25, Hits = .25, Blocks = .25

Right there I believe it makes Tarasenko more valuable. How many goals is MDZ going to get this year? 5, maybe 8? Tarasenko should get at least 15. So wouldn't that seal the deal right there?

And this is from Dobber's ramblings today:

Vladimir Tarasenko.

Two goals in his first NHL game, and three points in his second NHL game. There is a reason that he lingered in the Top 5 of my Fantasy Prospects list for so long - and were it not for the KHL shadow lurking about, ready to snatch him from his NHL chance, he would have spent time at No.1, no question. Now you're seeing why. He deserves the same hype in fantasy hockey that Ilya Kovalchuk had as a rookie.

And while Tarasenko goes nutty, Steen and McDonald post big numbers along with him.

So I'll pass on the ***** you are recommending Blayze.
    Last edited by baumer; January 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Goals = 5, Assists = 2.5, PPP = 1, Shots = .25, Hits = .25, Blocks = .25

Right there I believe it makes Tarasenko more valuable. How many goals is MDZ going to get this year? 5, maybe 8? Tarasenko should get at least 15. So wouldn't that seal the deal right there?
    First of all, it makes no sense to be comparing the stats of a forward to a defenseman.

Secondly, 2 games is WAY too small of a sample size really formulate any credible projections on Tarasenko's stat line this year.

And yes I've seen him play, and yes he looks amazing (which is why I picked him up!), but at the end of the day, 2 games is only 2 games.