Thread: Is my offer too much, too little, worth it?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Is my offer too much, too little, worth it?

Hey guys, team and cats are in my signature.

A manager in my league just said his goalies are on the trading block as well as R. Murray and a couple of other guys.

I am in need of a third goalie as their categories are worth alot in my pool, not to mention that both my goalies are bandaid boys.

I offered: M. Richards, Weiss and Nikitin

vs

Lindback, Murray and M. Staal (I will most likely drop Staal and send Murray to my minors, opening space for some guys on my farm team to land a spot on my roster: Brunner, Conacher, Greiss)

Question: I do not know if 1) my offer is solid enough and 2) if it is, am I giving up too much as Richards may bounce back and Lindback could be a bust?!

Any feedback is much appreciated! Thanks
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think it's too much, personally. Richards and Weiss are too much for an unproven Lindback. Murray doesn't come close to making up that gap for me.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by watchingthegame View Post
    I think it's too much, personally. Richards and Weiss are too much for an unproven Lindback. Murray doesn't come close to making up that gap for me.
    Agree 100%! Too much proven assets for unproven. For a 16 team league is 4 NHL goalies really needed? If one of your goalies go down you can easily slide Greiss in there.

Nothing wrong with being proactive but it's a little steep a price to pay

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the feedback guys! I cancelled my offer and just sent him a message saying I was curious to see what he wanted for Lindback. We will see what his perceived value of him is....

Rep to both of you (Nik, I have to spread some around before I Rep you again, but I won't forget).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I disagree with the above.
    I actually think your offer was very fair.

In a 16-team league, goalies (assuming you start 2G) are at a premium.
    There are only 30 NHL teams and therefore only 30 #1 goalies.
    So only 14-teams even have 2G... and nobody is going to want to sell a #1 goalie that they do have.

In an 11/6 category league, goalies have huge value... especially with only 16 teams because it creates goalie scarcity.

Assuming you have daily starts, getting Lindback would be great for you because you have a goalie (Hiller) that has a non-conflicting schedule so you could get a LOT of starts out of your 3 goalies.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I disagree with the above.
    I actually think your offer was very fair.

In a 16-team league, goalies (assuming you start 2G) are at a premium.
    There are only 30 NHL teams and therefore only 30 #1 goalies.
    So only 14-teams even have 2G... and nobody is going to want to sell a #1 goalie that they do have.

In an 11/6 category league, goalies have huge value... especially with only 16 teams because it creates goalie scarcity.

Assuming you have daily starts, getting Lindback would be great for you because you have a goalie (Hiller) that has a non-conflicting schedule so you could get a LOT of starts out of your 3 goalies.
    yeah agree with this

while the price may seem high you have to realize once he becomes a starter you will not even be able to sniff lindback for double this

in smaller leagues you might find goalies that come out of nowhere every year that you can grab off of waivers in leagues this large thats a virtual impossibility

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max