Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 49ers @ Falcons

Administrator

Default 49ers @ Falcons

Did you know it's been 15 years since a #1 seed has been the underdog in a Conference Championship game. Seriously, the line on this is unreal. 49ers -5???!?!?!? Not saying I don't think the 49ers are favourites or should win but that line is high and begging to be bet just for the backdoor cover potential of the Falcons.

On the other hand, I've got my preseason Falcons 12/1 to win the NFC bet to worry about so I certainly won't be doubling down just because the odds look good. In fact, I desperately want to hedge to guarantee some dollas but stupid Bodog won't release their damned moneyline odds!

Anyways, who are you rooting for/picking?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Did you know it's been 15 years since a #1 seed has been the underdog in a Conference Championship game. Seriously, the line on this is unreal. 49ers -5???!?!?!? Not saying I don't think the 49ers are favourites or should win but that line is high and begging to be bet just for the backdoor cover potential of the Falcons.

On the other hand, I've got my preseason Falcons 12/1 to win the NFC bet to worry about so I certainly won't be doubling down just because the odds look good. In fact, I desperately want to hedge to guarantee some dollas but stupid Bodog won't release their damned moneyline odds!

Anyways, who are you rooting for/picking?

I'm picking the '9ers. They have arguably the best OL in football and top 5 DL in the league. They went so deep and lost last year that I believe their attitude is that they refuse be denied.

The Falcons got booted in the first round the past couple years. All they talked about was not letting it happen again. I personally think last week was their SB. To make matters worse, they barely won last week. Between them getting over that first playoff game hurdle and winning the type of game they did last week, I'm willing to bet that they are emotionally spent.
    Last edited by One87; January 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

I think the 49ers will win this game easily. I dont think Atlants has the tools to stop Kaepernick and dont forget the 49ers defense is pretty darn good too.

Score: 49ers 27 Atlanta 14
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Administrator

Falcons have a way to make every game so damn complicated and I think this week will be no different. It's just how they do things. Fast start, then get lazy, then decide the game on the last possession.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I've been a Niners fans since the glory days of the '80s. I can honestly tell you that as Niners fan, I am a lot happier to be playing Atlanta (even on the road) compared to playing the Seahawks at Candlestick (or whatever the field is called now).

I dont think the Niners will have a big problem beating Atlanta but I dont think it will be a blow out. Kaepernick creates havok with his running, and as mentioned earlier he has one of, if not THE best OL playing in front of him. Atlanta will keep it close but in the end I think the Niners will be off to the Superbowl.

I look forward to beating New England again this year and holding up the Vince Lombardi trophy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think the 49ers will win. But I'm a betting man. And if youre giving me: the #1 seed, playing at home in one of the toughest places to play, plus they seem to win every game that they shouldn't and all they have to do is not lose by 5 points? And the other team is throwing a qb with 1 game playoff expereince in there? I'm betting the Falcons.

Dobber Sports Stud

To open the line at 5 is beyond disrepsect. The Falcons are ready. We have a defense that could stop Kaepernick even though we struggle at times against rushing quarterbacks. We're a zone defense. Green Bay played man all game and got burnt by him because of it. Falcons will spy and do whatever it takes to stop their gimmick offense. The Falcons have the personel on defense to contain Kaepernick. Our corners are capable of sticking any of those receivers one on one if that has to happen.

They said our team wouldn't come to play last week and would get overpowered. LOL! Really? We have a physical, hard-hitting defense lead by Sean Weatherspoooooooooooooooon. An underrated, no-name defense. WillyMo, Decoud, Nicholas, Babineaux... your average fan probably knows one player on our defense.

Fast. All 11 men pursue the ball. Hustle. Themes of the defense.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    To open the line at 5 is beyond disrepsect. The Falcons are ready. We have a defense that could stop Kaepernick even though we struggle at times against rushing quarterbacks. We're a zone defense. Green Bay played man all game and got burnt by him because of it. Falcons will spy and do whatever it takes to stop their gimmick offense. The Falcons have the personel on defense to contain Kaepernick. Our corners are capable of sticking any of those receivers one on one if that has to happen.

They said our team wouldn't come to play last week. LOL! Really? We have a physical, hard-hitting defense lead by Sean Weatherspoooooooooooooooon. An underrated, no-name defense. WillyMo, Decoud, Nicholas, Babineaux... your average fan probably knows one player on our defense.

Fast. All 11 men pursue the ball. Hustle. Themes of the defense.
    Except in the 3rd quarter when they always give up their lead to make the game go down to the wire.

Administrator

The moneyline is out and the hedge is in! $30 richer!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Falcons have a way to make every game so damn complicated and I think this week will be no different. It's just how they do things. Fast start, then get lazy, then decide the game on the last possession.
    Told you so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Told you so.
    yup, they really do a fantastic job of winning the game fir the other team

Banned

Tony ****in G...the guy is so money

Administrator

Again, told you so. These guys produce a movie every week.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow what a game...... Akers misses a 38 yarder, Ryan fumbles on the 49ers 40 yard line, a weak blow to the head on 3rd and long and the 49ers get a 1st down, now the 49ers fumble on the Falcons 1 yard line.......... WOW........
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

That is what happens when the team messes around with leads once too often. Same old Falcons.